As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CMSCP - PAX09 Alternative Pub Crawl

13»

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So isn't there a faction in twilight that are werewolves or something? Perhaps one of the goals for the hunters should be to order a werewolf a coors light (since it's the "silver bullet", get it? Har har?)
    silverbulletsmmirror.jpg

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The more I read, the more I can't wait for this.

Or maybe I just want a beer now! Mmm, beer.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I throw my liver of steel in over here with the non-Twilighters. I'm still wavering on whether or not I'll be a hunter or a Mormon though...

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I throw my liver of steel in over here with the non-Twilighters. I'm still wavering on whether or not I'll be a hunter or a Mormon though...

I love that the choice is so absurd! Only at PAX!

PeasantDave on
  • stankerbellstankerbell Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

*whispers* ...if your a mormon you can wear the super special underwear...

stankerbell on
  • circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

...But will the super special underwear chafe under the corset I was planning on wearing?

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

...But will the super special underwear chafe under the corset I was planning on wearing?

Doesn't matter, just make sure if you're wearing a garter/thigh highs, the undies go on the OUTSIDE. Practicality, etc etc. Hrm.. I don't think I could .. combine the Mormon/vampire hunter thing, could I???

MeeOk on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »

Doesn't matter, just make sure if you're wearing a garter/thigh highs, the undies go on the OUTSIDE. Practicality, etc etc. Hrm.. I don't think I could .. combine the Mormon/vampire hunter thing, could I???

...So, we're gonna be QuailMan??

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Twilight crawl is obviously undesirable, but this mormon bashing crawl is just as...awkward. I'm no fan of the religion, but can't we schedule a somewhat normal nerdy themed event?

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
    edited April 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    Twilight crawl is obviously undesirable, but this mormon bashing crawl is just as...awkward. I'm no fan of the religion, but can't we schedule a somewhat normal nerdy themed event?

I think that we have a good dynamic going. You are either on one side of the spectrum with the twilight crawl, on the other side of the spectrum with the mormon crawl, or somewhere in the middle with the hunters. It should play out somewhat like this:

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    I think you guys are kind of missing the point on some of the fun ways girls can dress up.

They're not saying dress little house on the prairie.

I personally, plan on putting my own spin on the male attire.

Maybe a little something like this:
    beingawesome.jpg

Is it weird that the first thing this reminds me of is the way Tommy February6 looked in the 'Lonely in Gorgeous' video segments that were meant to spoof the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video? That's a rhetorical question.

I'm pretty confused by all this fracturing. While I like the biting sarcasm of the Mormon concept as it directly opposes Twilight, I'm drawn toward the Belmont faction since it's actually related to a good series of games. Plus the Belmont faction seems to have the potential to have a hotter, yet non-emo dresscode. In my estimation this represents the best of all worlds. I think that PeasantDave should create YET ANOTHER thread so that the Belmonts can further organize without jacking this thread. o_O

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm pretty confused by all this fracturing. While I like the biting sarcasm of the Mormon concept as it directly opposes Twilight, I'm drawn toward the Belmont faction since it's actually related to a good series of games. Plus the Belmont faction seems to have the potential to have a hotter, yet non-emo dresscode. In my estimation this represents the best of all worlds. I think that PeasantDave should create YET ANOTHER thread so that the Belmonts can further organize without jacking this thread. o_O

Dude, it's mormon's drinking. And if mormon's are drinking, that opens the door to many other possibilities for mormons

JonnyNero on
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think you guys are kind of missing the point on some of the fun ways girls can dress up.

beingawesome.jpg

Is it weird that the first thing this reminds me of is the way Tommy February6 looked in the 'Lonely in Gorgeous' video segments that were meant to spoof the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video? That's a rhetorical question.

Can't we find something that we can ALL get behind? I mean... I know a lot of this is silly joking around, but it seems to me that the ultimate goal should be getting us all together, because that's what PAX is all about.

Can't we all just get along?

*cough* Penn and Teller pub crawl *cough* (they don't believe in Vampires OR Mormons)

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    te he =)

Yeah... I agree with Accalon on this. Can we have some kind of IRC meeting or something, and get everyone on the same page? I don't really want the Twilight theme very much, for reasons I mention elsewhere... but I would much rather not see everyone get angry/splinter off/take sides/fight/create hostility. =(

I know, I know... "bleeding heart hippy!" =) But there's something to be said about harmony among friends... and to me, the biggest thing about PAX is the friendship that we all mutually share. I'd hate to see that potentially harmed by any of these situations. =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • clickpictonyclickpictony Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm totally in on this. I've even got a nice tie and bicycle helmet.

clickpictony on
    edited April 2009
    Accalon wrote: »

beingawesome.jpg

Can't we find something that we can ALL get behind? I mean... I know a lot of this is silly joking around, but it seems to me that the ultimate goal should be getting us all together, because that's what PAX is all about.

Can't we all just get along?

*cough* Penn and Teller pub crawl *cough* (they don't believe in Vampires OR Mormons)

Once again, this isn't a real war (although we jokingly make it out to be). Think of this as another option,

People like myself, want to dress up, and have that fun of freaking out normal people in the bar....but we just can't see ourselves as emo vampires. So this (and Clan Belmont) are other options.

The mentality here isn't "Fuck the real crawl, we're doing our own thing" it's more like "I'm not liking the theme, but still want to participate in games and such, so, here's another option."

I'm actually working on an idea that I'm going to pitch to Atlus for a game in order to merge the two themes together.

Once again, this isn't throwing a middle finger to the real pub crawl, it's just another option

JonnyNero on
    edited April 2009
    I should note, as I said in the other thread, that I don't think any hostility would happen intentionally... but sometimes these kinds of things can happen unintentionally as a result of such situations. =)

VThornheart on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009

beingawesome.jpg

How many damned threads do we need? Can't the Mormons and Belmonts band together in this thread?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Meh, once Atlus fixes the theme we won't need more than one.

I think people are taking the sentiment behind these "other" crawls too far. These are not different crawls. It is the exact same bar crawl with the exact same group of people pulling the exact same shenaniganz at bars except they are in different costumes.

There will be many people who do not participate in a theme at all and wear their normal clothing. Are we going to call them a different crawl? The Mundane Drinking Tournament?

eye-shuh on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh gets it. This isn't an act of opposition more so than it's an act of great lulz. We will all still be drinking together and high fiving at the end of the night.

redhalo on
  • d20dicerollerd20diceroller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Honestly all the options pretty much suck.

d20diceroller on
    edited April 2009

Then come dressed as whatever you want, or don't get dressed up at all. The point of this is to get everyone together for a fun night on the town. As is usually the case, forums have a way of magnifying drama that isn't really there at all.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • d20dicerollerd20diceroller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »

Then come dressed as whatever you want, or don't get dressed up at all. The point of this is to get everyone together for a fun night on the town. As is usually the case, forums have a way of magnifying drama that isn't really there at all.

Good point.

d20diceroller on
    edited April 2009
    Aye, I felt like there was a lot of tension when I made that post, but I guess if there isn't than that's better. I apologize if I exacerbated the situation rather than helping it. =(

VThornheart on
    edited April 2009
    it's all in fun. We were just being silly.

But as Grahm Chapman said "get on with it"

JonnyNero on
  • iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm coming as a missionary because it's just too perfect not to :D

I agree though, the crawl should just be a good time for all and a chance to chill! :D

I'm really pumped to meet people from the forums and IRC. I've been to PAX 3 times but I've never been involved like this and it's a blast! We all gotta chill and get to know eachother better right?

I just like the Mormon idea because of my background, but I'd come even if I had to dress up as a teletubby reject named teenee weenee... I'm really not being fair here, I'd do that in any case if I was able because of teh funneh... but I think you get it.

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    no no.. for teletubby reject you need Drinkie Winkie.. who has his magical bottle that makes all his problems go away...

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
    edited April 2009
    WEll, I'm still dressing as a mormon but I'm going to join a house...(as soon as I figure out what). Anyone else going to do the same?

JonnyNero on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Werd. Except I'll be wearing a Hufflepuff tie.

I think my girly outfits would have been roughly the same anyway, just now I'll be a little less school girl.

eye-shuh on
    edited April 2009
    I'm still down for Mormonizing.

redhalo on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think now we just become Wizard Mormons, those who share in the magic of Hogwarts but make sure never to deride from the holy teachings of the Golden Plates within our wizardry hats that are made of chocolate.

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    I think now we just become Wizard Mormons, those who share in the magic of Hogwarts but make sure never to deride from the holy teachings of the Golden Plates within our wizardry hats that are made of chocolate.

I laugh to this.

Yeah, I was going to swap out for a Slytherin tie.

redhalo on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That sounds about the right thing to do, I figure go as wizard Mormons.

MaoChan on
This discussion has been closed.