As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why are people so dumb?

13»

• bluefoxicybluefoxicy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

It's also possible that I am "charming as fuck" mostly when I am waiting on customers or representing a business and perhaps a few notches down when representing myself.

I seem to be able to charm girls, though also using a Merkur or a straight razor to clear my face of any hint of hair makes me look 17, which may explain the 16 year olds. <_<

At least the girls after me now are all 18. Including the one I'm after. How come as I get older, the set of chicks that like me gets younger?

bluefoxicy on
    People call me Wood Man, 'cause I always got wood.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have seen a student try and fillet a salmon with a paring knife

honest to god

and these are not the little 10 pound salmon here

we're talking 20-30 pound beasts that are close to a meter long

PiptheFair on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    bluefoxicy wrote: »
    At least the girls after me now are all 18. Including the one I'm after. How come as I get older, the set of chicks that like me gets younger?

Don't question why. Just pray to god and thank him.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

It's also possible that I am "charming as fuck" mostly when I am waiting on customers or representing a business and perhaps a few notches down when representing myself.

I seem to be able to charm girls, though also using a Merkur or a straight razor to clear my face of any hint of hair makes me look 17, which may explain the 16 year olds. <_<

I love high school girls I do I do. I keep getting older and they stay the same age.

PiptheFair on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I love high school girls I do I do. I keep getting older and they stay the same age.

cap016ka3.jpg

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited April 2009

Seriously. 16 is legal here (the law says you get in trouble for soliciting anyone by any means including internet IF and only if the act would violate the other statutes-- which means it's also legal to crawl Facebook and MySpace and find 16 year olds in this state and offer them candies), but I try to stick to 18.

Actually the chick I'm after now is heavy into video games, and is an artsy kind of girl, which is awesome. It's hard to believe she's only 18 ... but eh. I'm not really after banging/dating her anyway (well, not specifically.. I mean I totally would), I just need more awesome friends.

bluefoxicy on
    edited April 2009
    I have seen a student try and fillet a salmon with a paring knife

honest to god

and these are not the little 10 pound salmon here

we're talking 20-30 pound beasts that are close to a meter long

... what?

... with lemon butter sauce? :3

bluefoxicy on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    it is always weird to have people link me to a penny arcade strip

i feel that in some weird way, this site is mine and mine alone

Projeck on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Luckily no one has linked me a comic from here.

I think I would want to tell them my dirty little secret, but would hold back.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    well apparently they have a little mini-wolverine in this atm who shreds cards with a vengeance if they get stuck in there

is it the best at what it does

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Robcham wrote: »
    I'm guessing blue fox is dumb

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

That's a lie and you know it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited April 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

It's a lie, just like the lamp!

bluefoxicy on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

duh.png

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    here's a saga of a stupid person

last night I used an atm and it ate my card and apparently shredded it

great, right, real awesome

so I call the bank this morning to report it lost in their stupid atm and the idiot woman on the other end confirms that they're sending me a new card in 7-10 business days

luckily when I signed up for this account they for some reason gave me two checking accounts, in case a situation arose where I needed to move my money into an auxiliary account -- perfect! now I can use it!

turns out idiot woman cancelled the debit card attached to my auxiliary account -- the one with not a fucking cent in it -- instead of the shredded one

so now I can't get to my money at all

I FUCKING HATE BANKS

AND IDIOT BROADS

After I had an issue with ID theft back in'06 (day after Christmas, no less) somebody got my account number and registered a domain and hosting. I called up Bank of America and reported it and had them cancel the card and reverse the charge. They said they'd send me a new one in 5-7 business days.

I waited. And waited. Long story short, after three months of phone tag and promises of shipping out a card express next day delivery, and visiting several local branches, I finally walked in one day, sat down, and told them to give me all my goddamn money as they'd dicked me around long enough and I was closing all of my accounts with'em.

They were mailing all these cards out into a black hole, or something.

I was depositing a check at BoA a couple of months ago and while I was waiting in line, the bank manager walked by and just made sure there was nothing else he could do for me.

As it happens, there was a little scratch on the back of my bank card, over the bar. It wasn't a big deal because it had worked everywhere else, but for some reason, Starbucks registers just would not read it anymore. The ancient card swiper at the little corner grocery read it fine, but no Starbucks I went to could get it to go through, and so I would tell them when I gave them the card and they would try to swipe it like six times anyways, and then wrap a bit of reciept paper around it and then ask if I had an alternate form of payment, and I tell them that if I had an alternate form of payment, don't you think I would have used that instead of going through this whole farce? And finally they would get all huffy and punch it in manually while people behind me grumbled.

So I mention this to the guy and he says "Right this way" and takes me over to a desk where in about five minutes, he's ordered me a new card, gotten me a temporary card set up to use until the replacement gets there, and deposited my check for me.

NotASenator on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

high five

NotASenator on
  • AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I went to a concert tonight and ended up leaning on the monitors all night, just front row center, absolutely prime location.

The band was fantastic, and when they came out for an encore the singer played some acoustic stuff solo, then the band came out and said that they were going to play a few old songs, all fast stuff to crescendo the show to a close.

This fat bitch behind me decided to keep yelling out the name of her favourite song, which just happens to be 7 or 8 words long, and also happens to be the slowest song off of their new album.

Her headbanging threw her greasy hair in my face all too often.

It would have been annoying had I not gotten to high five the lead singer and tell him he's the reason why I started playing guitar, and got the setlist from the stage.

Alpine on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    that happened to me when I worked at barnes & noble a lot -- even more than gamestop, surprisingly enough

one time I mildly corrected a dude who misquoted star wars in my presence and he monopolized my register for like ten minutes marvelling at the fact that I actually liked star wars; evidently, I don't look like a star wars fan (still don't even know what that could ever mean)

my manager was standing behind him staring at me and stifling laughter throughout, but he didn't interrupt

this taught me never to reveal geeky secrets to strangers

should have told him to "Live long and prosper"

I hear they hate that. Non-nerds all mixing references.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png