As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

1434445464749»

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    warban wrote: »
    Exarch wrote: »
    I found the general lack of information very frustrating.

The zealots pretty much won because of the lack of role names for the dead.

The majority of the thread discussion was "What do you think XXX means?" "Fuck if I know, could mean anything."

I have to agree somewhat with this. Kind of felt there was little to work with.

Warban, you had tons to work with, what with all your crazy conspiracies and shit.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Best Thing Me and Daius did was convert Toxic on Day one.

Maximus on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maximus wrote: »

Damn right. When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad, I'm even better. :twisted:

Yet in this game I had to be both because I didn't know there was a 2nd zealot faction around! I was hoping to be converted to their side, but oh well.

We still got the win.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I thought the color code was good. AS a bad guy, I really wanted to know who I hit that was green and it pissed me off I didn't.

I'm guessing the village felt the same way. So it was kinda of even, but only if you played phalla alot - which this form does.

I don't agree with that. It was putting both sides at a similar disadvantage but the effects were different for each side. If you'll recall the village didn't even know if baddies showed up in a different color.

The going theory was that all non vanillagers showed up green, since there had been so damn many of them. This wasn't poor logic, incorrect sure, but it was a false assumption that only the village could make since the baddies knew none of them had died.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The biggest problem wasn't that we didn't have enough info, but that as villagers, we didn't get any. Events just happened sort of arbitrarily, we never knew what the blueMagenta vote actually did, and so on and so on.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    True. But when I saw white and green, I knew something was up. But I knew how LaOs likes to run a game, so I kinda knew what some colors ment. There was some meta gaming going on and kinda needed. The different color vote were messed up. I never did figure out what they did. There were alot of things to guess at. That never helps the village.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I figured you guys might have been able to get more info from the confusion I started. Oh well. See you all next time. and HAHAHAHAHAH at Locus being evil.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Right

Who killed me

I want to shake your hand to death

Gumpy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The lack of information in this game was really frustrating. I'm not certain if it actually impacted on the game, but some warning about conversions being present would have been nice too. D:

Burnage on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think that the Role Blockers, especially as there were SIX of them, hurt the village more than it helped.

I mean, you're more likely to target a villager than an evil, probably more likely to target a good special than an evil, and thus... yeah yeah.

I'm just pissy that I got blocked a bit, and couldn't use my Peeping Tom ability to get any information. Good thing the vigilantes didn't reveal, though. No guards.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Toxic, when I decided to Role Block you that night, did I actually block an action?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maximus wrote: »

The best thing I did was leave all the important convert decisions to you. Toxic Toys was an organisational tour-de-force for us, and The_Reflection put keeping low key to an art.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    The lack of information in this game was really frustrating. I'm not certain if it actually impacted on the game, but some warning about conversions being present would have been nice too. D:
    This game will be fairly traditional in structure (not a faction game, there is a Mafia, etc.). However, the mechanics will be largely hidden and could be somewhat controversial. Some favourite and some hated mechanics may play out in this game, so this is your warning, I guess.

That was in the 2nd post and was the clue that conversions might be around. Arasaki (the seer who hit me, but who otherwise was hitting dead people the whole dang time) had a feeling that conversions were likely. Note to LaOs: when the village even thinks conversions are around, it paralyzes the specials. Arasaki didn't contact the confirmed mason for days for fear that Exarch had been compromised.

Also, we really should have realized that The_Reflection must have been converted for living so long after revealing as a role-blocker. D:

Darian on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, interesting game. I kept selectively forgetting that conversions probably existed when I would decide who was best to hit.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Toxic, when I decided to Role Block you that night, did I actually block an action?

Yes you did, you blocked my teams kill. Daius team took out B:L.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I think that the Role Blockers, especially as there were SIX of them, hurt the village more than it helped.

I mean, you're more likely to target a villager than an evil, probably more likely to target a good special than an evil, and thus... yeah yeah.

I'm just pissy that I got blocked a bit, and couldn't use my Peeping Tom ability to get any information. Good thing the vigilantes didn't reveal, though. No guards.

Yeah, good thing.

Delmain on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Awwww, we lost :(.

Good game LaOs! It was fun to watch and whatnot, although I died rather early. . . Also, I don't think the colors thing should have been that big of a deal. I mean, sure, you don't know exactly what their role was, but I green and white for specials and villagers isn't exactly that rare. The others should have been pretty obvious too. Of course, I'm saying this all from the sidelines but I'm allowed to since you killed me! grrrr

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Also, I don't think the colors thing should have been that big of a deal. I mean, sure, you don't know exactly what their role was, but I green and white for specials and villagers isn't exactly that rare. The others should have been pretty obvious too.

It wasn't an issue once a non villager was hit, but due to the number of specials that were dying each day, it did seem plausible that green was more than just village aligned specials. Sure the colors turned out to be traditional, but it's also traditional to put the roles out there too on death, so the absence of one lead to the questioning of the other.

It meant that until a baddie/neutral died the vote didn't provide any information, which was a significant factor in the village loss.

Exarch on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    Also, I don't think the colors thing should have been that big of a deal. I mean, sure, you don't know exactly what their role was, but I green and white for specials and villagers isn't exactly that rare. The others should have been pretty obvious too.

It wasn't an issue once a non villager was hit, but due to the number of specials that were dying each day, it did seem plausible that green was more than just village aligned specials. Sure the colors turned out to be traditional, but it's also traditional to put the roles out there too on death, so the absence of one lead to the questioning of the other.

It meant that until a baddie/neutral died the vote didn't provide any information, which was a significant factor in the village loss.

Well sure, that all makes sense. But now that it's over and we all know better, and since none of the confusion was ever publicly registered by me, I'm allowed to make fun of you guys for being silly all I want! So there :P!

Lots of seers and masons in this game, were there any good proboards out there? Or did I miss them?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was a mason, but there wasn't much for us to discuss, I think we had maybe one PM between us, and I got it too late to do anything about the info heh.

Exarch on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lots of seers and masons in this game, were there any good proboards out there? Or did I miss them?

We suspected there were conversion mechanics in play; thus, no good network, and so no good proboards to my knowledge.

Darian on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    For the first few days in this, nobody I seered died. Every single one was a villager, then they pretty much all died in 2 days, leaving me with nothing. As already mentioned, the possibility of conversion made me pretty suspicious of anyone who had been outed but was still alive, so I pretty much was a network of 1 the whole time.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is there a link to this spreadsheet of who killed who? I'd like to know who to grudge for my Night 2 death. :)
    Mechanics Reveal

Game Documents (all in Office 2007 format, so you may need to download the converter), can be found HERE.

Delmain was Vigilante 1, but was Converted on the last night, so his role changed on the Roster.

LaOs on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for running this, LaOs. It was good fun (while I lived, anyway).

Grudge on Ahava!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, I remembered I got ONE zealot kill.
    I was the one who called in the kill on Ahava. Would a cookie pizza spare me from a grudge? ;-)

In all, I was responsible for...

Nocturne
    KrataLightblade
    Orange Soda
    Keika
    Astraphobia
    Exarch
    lonelyahava

this game.

Anyways, gotta get back to work on mine.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Then you're all right by me on two counts.

Wildcat on