As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E Maptools] The Numbered Men

• Options
    QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aw, this looked fun till I saw the closed notice.

Well, put me down if anything goes wrong :D

QuantumQuark on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have been really quiet the last week, sorry about that. It would be good to hear from people to see if they are available for this Sunday. I believe someone mentioned that they couldn't come, which could turn into a problem depending on what role we will be missing.

Please inform me if you can play as soon as possible! Same time, same server information.

Vic on
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll be there :D Looking forward to it

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll be there. Easter Sunday I will be missing, but apart from that I will be fine.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll definitely be there.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah I'll be there. I may also have to miss easter, since in my timezone our schedule is from 10 am to 2 pm.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    One minor thing!

I just switched over to summer time, and I know the summer time switch dates are a bit different around the world. Just to make sure, the game will start three hours after this post.

Vic on
  • Options
    BandorrBandorr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Vic wrote: »
    One minor thing!

I just switched over to summer time, and I know the summer time switch dates are a bit different around the world. Just to make sure, the game will start three hours after this post.

That makes some sense then. Central time zone switched over to spring probably two weeks ago. Also explains the differences in the time last week. I couldn't tell when we would start last week because the GMT start time and the EST start time were different. GMT automatically updates to account for daylight, but the other times don't.

Last week we started at 12 PM CD(Daylight)Time. This week you want us to start at 11 PM CDT(8+3=11). I'm actually fine with either time, but can we get a firm time.

Last week i got up earlier because i thought we were playing early, and today i almost got up late because i thought we were playing late lol. It's not a problem either way, i just need to know how to schedule that hour.

Bandorr on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We have a firm time, it is just that it is based on GMT. I apologize that I was not aware of the differing summer time dates. Now that the time zones are matched again it should not be an issue again, at least for another six months or so.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ooh yeah this was my problem. last time I showed up at 9 my time, and we didn't start until 10, so I showed up at 10 this time and was late. sorry about that again guys.

I killed the shit out of that big drake tho.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, except for losing Anarchy and the time zone problems I thought that went well. I am still kind of finding my feet when it comes to controlling maptools, but I am learning and I hope that I'll be able to make combat even more streamlined.

I hope no one is overly bothered that this adventure has been pretty combat heavy. This has been partly on purpose, the next adventure will include more investigation and diplomacy so as to give you a taste of both. I do have a tendency to have pretty combat heavy campaigns but I will do my best to break up the action with some diplomacy and skill challenges.

Now, for next Sunday. Hopefully the summer time switch should not be an issue any more, so the game should start up at 17:00 GMT, or 12:00 EST. I would like to actually start on time this session, so this time the server will be up earlier and I would like people to be there 15 minutes in advance. If you can't, send me a PM as soon as possible.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'll be there on time, next week.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I enjoy the combat, i kinda want more actually lol. I enjoy the roleplaying, but i also want to get some actual experience under my belt. I've played a lot of 4E actually, but never really that high. I haven't gotten past level 7 or so, and im really looking forward to a paragon path. So the more exp the better heh.

I just realized two things though
    A) if i went long range cleric instead of battle tank, we would most likely be all screwed.
    2) The paladin has yet to use lay on hands.

Pretty much we are missing a main member of the team, and yet the battles haven't been hard enough yet to make the paladin use any healing surges. Heck I've used more healing surges than the paladin lol.

Bandorr on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vic wrote: »
    Well, except for losing Anarchy and the time zone problems I thought that went well.

Sorry about that, the internet in my flat went out for several hours. Could you PM me the events of the rest of the game?

I may be late or not available at all tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't know until tomorrow afternoon.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I will do that as soon as I have time, Anarchy. It is nice to hear from you!

No change on tomorrows session. I would to see you there 16:45 GMT if possible. If Anarchy is unavailable I will either puppet Mathas myself or let one of the players do so until the end of the current adventure (which should be fairly close). Hope to see you there tomorrow!

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty certain I can be up by 8:45, I'll be there for sure. Also, I agree with bandorr.

I mean, I haven't taken any damage yet.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It is not my fault that you are freakishly overpowered and often lucky!

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    :winky:

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I should have written this post a week ago, but completely forgot about it. We seem to have mysteriously lost Rainfall, which means we need a new defender. If you are up for it, please post a character as soon as possible!

It would also be useful for me to know if all of you players are available for this Sunday, considering the rather long break. Just send me a PM or something.

Edit: Before I get more questions because of the poor information I have provided, this is a maptools game. You will start at level 2, but with standard level 1 starting equipment except for a single +1 magical weapon.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there, 9:00 AM sharp.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ill be there etc

Bandorr on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Arasaki wrote: »
    I'll be there

Have you made a decision about switching out Squee?

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    As I mentioned two weeks ago, I won't be around this Sunday.

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh and by the way, you guys will soon get an addition to your party. Zzod the hobgoblin fighter played by Hermenegilder.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Game on in about five hours. Like last time, I would appreciate it if people start dropping in fifteen minutes early so we can get started on time.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    With regards to switching out, it really depends on if I can finish a backstory that I am happy with :P

Arasaki on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey. How do I join the game ?

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hey. How do I join the game ?

I'm using 1.3.b53
    Server name "Numbered Men", password "wang"

We are not using vent.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    How do I downgrade my version ?

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh damn, did not know they had updated. Have you tried logging on to my server?

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    yep
    doesn't work.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I would suggest downloading the earlier version on http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#MapTool

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That did not work as supposed. The server "Numbered Men2" will be open for five minutes, go in and fetch your character nefffff.

Numbered Men will start up after those five minutes are up.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Seems some of you got kicked when I tried to open up a second server.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Had to cut today's session short because of lack of players, unfortunately. We will hopefully resume next week. I'll provide a short summary of what happened to those of you who missed it some time before then.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am going to assume that the utter lack of activity in this thread means you are thrilled about tonight's session.

Same time, same place. Hope to see you there!

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there, albeit a little late, although I was expecting a summary of what happenned previously :P

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm on!

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Anarchy wrote: »
    I'll be there, albeit a little late, although I was expecting a summary of what happenned previously :P

Damn, I promised to write on in the thread, didn't I?

Here is more or less what happened:

After the successful rescue of the "Dragonwhisperer" Solandra, her father Sergat approached the party about a job in the free city of Adrolen. They were instructed to go to an inn called The Sweating Panda and meet up with a hobgoblin and a drow who would lead them to a representative of a mysterious organization that is looking for their help. The group split, Squee going north to Drachengard to fulfill his mission, Rose travelling east to help the people of Glintann and the rest going south to the free city.

In the Sweating Panda they met with Zzod, a loud bugbear fighter, and the drow rogue Ulveyin. After exchanging some not-so-pleasantries they all travelled to the city library where they were picked up by Gan, a gnome librarian, who took them deep below the library to meet with his mistress Melisandre.

Melisandre explained to the group that they had been approached to carry out an investigation on the conclave's behalf, looking into the murder of one of their agents in the city. Outsiders had been hired to avoid further exposing the conclave, in case some outside group were targeting them specifically.

But before they are given the particulars of the mission, there is a test they must pass...

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there. Am pretty sick though. But I'll try.

Hermenegilde on