As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

terrible endings to wonderful things

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was helping my sister move and everyone was going back to our house and I was moving the knives and then it slipped and they were all falling and oh god

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just almost lost a penis

Like, yours? Or somebody else's?

Poorochondriac on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Swordfights I was gonna say we don't want to hear about you shaving your dangly bits anymore.

Moriveth on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mori that topic wasn't about shaving my genitals, I just left the op kind of ambiguous and then I took a little break from the forums and then a mod changed it to genitals!

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh yeah? Well I'm just gonna keep on thinking that it was.

Moriveth on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's about time for me to shave my business

It's been a couple of weeks

Poorochondriac on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I can't help but like Vin Diesel.

He seems like a nice dude.

He was excellent in Find Me Guilty. But like five people saw that, so

Oh, is that good? I'll have to check it out.

And Pitch Black was awesome. I don't think I'd ever see Chronicles of Riddick, though, or whatever the sequel was called, since I hear that's crap.

Pitch Black was fuckawesome, yeah.

Also, Vin was pretty solid in Boiler Room.
    Pitch Black is a wicked movie.

Plus yeah, Vin Diesel is alright in my books. I'd like to hang with him.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I jsut shaved and nicked my junk

that was pretty awful

PiptheFair on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Mori, if you like Vin Diesel and the character Riddick, watch Chronicles of Riddick. Sure, it had some bad parts, but it's enjoyable.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The scene with the fridge in Crytsal Skull is a good example of what was wrong with the movie, but personally what i find wrong with it isnt as extensive as everyone else.

I was laughing when he got in the fridge, and I thought it was great, I thought to myself "omg hes going to survive by ducking into a fridge, brilliant!" but then he flew through the air, bounced 50ft back up, landed, and then an unnecessarily computer generated gofer or mole or whatever had a reaction shot. It was beyond too much, it was over the top stupid.

I would've loved the scene if the explosion devestated the house, then after the dust had cleared, the fridge tipped sideways and he rolled out, simple, effective, silly and still unrealistic, but not ri-fucking-diculous.

Also the getting married at the end and the basic crummyness of the plot.

Prohass on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh yeah I also had a dream where Vin Diesel invited me to play D&D with him and then flew off like Superman.
    Look, I'm no Freud scholar, but I'm fairly certain this means you want to get down and ruddy with Mr. Diesel. Which isn't exactly unusual. I mean, you don't need to know what a superego is know those abs are top notch.

Also, with that shaved head Diesel just looks like a giant phallus. Think on this.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited April 2009
    Vin Diesel talks so slow that in the trailers for that film he never gets to finish a sentence.

Also Deathrace was awesome up until they started killing cops all over the place and the murderous psycopath bad guy racer became everyones best friend.

Prohass on
    edited April 2009
    The most amazing thing about the Chronicles of Riddick is that they somehow got Dame Judy Dench to appear in it. That is mind boggling.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Look ,I only read page one, but I am not reading though 40 pages of stuff that may or may not be worth reading.

but what the hell happened in the BSG ending

I am far to lazy to wander through the later seasons at this point.

Milquetoast Thug on
    edited April 2009
    Vin Diesel was pretty good in Saving Private Ryan. . . actually everybody was good in that movie.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Vin Diesel was in that? really?

Milquetoast Thug on
    edited April 2009
    Vin Diesel was pretty good in Saving Private Ryan. . . actually everybody was good in that movie.

I basically cannot remember this fact, everytime I learn it, I forget it soon after and im amazed again when I hear it. Its like a blindspot in my memory.

Prohass on
    edited April 2009
    It was one of his first movie roles, as I recall. There's a lot of good actors in that flick, too. Adam Goldberg, that nervous guy from Lost, Giovanni Ribisi [sic], Tom Hanks (of course), Tom Sizemore, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle, Dale Dye (as an officer, go figure), Paul Giamatti, Barry Pepper, Ed Burns and Matt Damon. . . huh. That is a lot of people, isn't it?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Drunk PooroDrunk Pooro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    It was one of his first movie roles, as I recall. There's a lot of good actors in that flick, too. Adam Goldberg, that nervous guy from Lost, Giovanni Ribisi [sic], Tom Hanks (of course), Tom Sizemore, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle, Dale Dye (as an officer, go figure), Paul Giamatti, Barry Pepper, Ed Burns and Matt Damon. . . huh. That is a lot of people, isn't it?

I haven't seen Saving Private Ryan

I think maybe because I'm afraid of it. Like, I still haven't been able to see Schindler's List all the way through, and I hear SPR is on that level of emotional intensity. I don't think I can handle it.

Drunk Pooro on
    poorooas.gif
    edited April 2009
    I really don't like Tom Hanks

Which is weird I guess

If he didn't have Forrest Gump under his belt, it'd be safe to say he hasn't starred in a single movie I like that wasn't animated.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    me and tom hanks are bros

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Did we already go over Beast Machines being a terrible ending to Beast Wars?

Antimatter on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    When I was in boot to become an infantryman, on our one two-day off-base pass me and another guy went to see Private Ryan in theaters as it had just come out and during the opening scene we're all HOLY FUCK WHAT DID WE GET OURSELVES IN TO

Weaver on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Which is weird I guess

If he didn't have Forrest Gump under his belt, it'd be safe to say he hasn't starred in a single movie I like that wasn't animated.

There are good looking actors in Hollywood

and there are bad looking actors in Hollywood

but only one actor has the Everyman look nailed in

that man is Tom Hanks

not handsome, not hideous,

just the most average looking star of all time

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    When I was in boot to become an infantryman, on our one two-day off-base pass me and another guy went to see Private Ryan in theaters as it had just come out and during the opening scene we're all HOLY FUCK WHAT DID WE GET OURSELVES IN TO

ahahaha oh shit

Antimatter on
    edited April 2009

Which is weird I guess

How do you hate Big? Or Philadelphia? Or Catch Me if You Can? That Thing You Do? Joe Vs. The Volcano?

Where is your soul, sir?

Drunk Pooro on
    poorooas.gif
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's kind of overwrought and exploitive, but it's probably one of the best, if not the best, war movie to come out in the past 20 years. Yeah, the music is overdone and the frame story is bollocks, but it's a really amazing story. At the very least it's the most influential war movie of the past 20 years.

Pro Tip For Viewing: End the movie as soon as it goes back to the present day. I say this for Spielburg's sake more than your own, because you will cry and it is a fucking sucker punch of a scene. That whole sequence is bullshit, it's only there to get people to cry, because old people make everyone feel worse about everything.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009

I haven't seen Saving Private Ryan

I think maybe because I'm afraid of it. Like, I still haven't been able to see Schindler's List all the way through, and I hear SPR is on that level of emotional intensity. I don't think I can handle it.
    SPR is a really damn good movie.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited April 2009

Which is weird I guess

How do you hate Big? Or Philadelphia? Or Catch Me if You Can? That Thing You Do? Joe Vs. The Volcano?

Where is your soul, sir?

Because Big is a movie I have not seen and I just really didn't enjoy Philadelphia and I can qualify Catch Me as starring Leo and That Thing You Do was really not that great in my opinion, once I realized "Shades" wasn't Tom Hanks after losing a bunch of weight for the role and what in the hell is Joe Vs. The Volcano?

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited April 2009
    Or Turner and Hooch?

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's kind of overwrought and exploitive, but it's probably one of the best, if not the best, war movie to come out in the past 20 years. Yeah, the music is overdone and the frame story is bollocks, but it's a really amazing story. At the very least it's the most influential war movie of the past 20 years.

Pro Tip For Viewing: End the movie as soon as it goes back to the present day. I say this for Spielburg's sake more than your own, because you will cry and it is a fucking sucker punch of a scene. That whole sequence is bullshit, it's only there to get people to cry, because old people make everyone feel worse about everything.

Don't listen to him, watch the end.

Weaver on
  • iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Terminal?

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
    edited April 2009
    I have not seen Turner and Hooch.

I guess I should also qualify my statement as "that he starred in that wasn't animated that I have seen"

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited April 2009
    Swordfights I swear to god

I swear to god

Drunk Pooro on
    poorooas.gif
    edited April 2009
    THE TERMINAL

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the fuck man

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited April 2009
    But!

I really don't enjoy Tom Hanks anyway, and so I do not have much incentive to watch the movies I have not seen.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited April 2009
    I liked K-9 better than Turner & Hooch

Weaver on
    edited April 2009
    Weaver wrote: »

Don't listen to him, watch the end.
    Yeah, he should watch the whole thing the first time.

It doesn't keep it from being BS, though.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited April 2009
    THE GODDAMNED TERMINAL

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet