As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitter

• HortosHortos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey guys and alternative way to keep our little community organized is to use the WeFollow.com page
    http://wefollow.com/tag/pax

By just registering here under the PAX tag we can keep a quick and self updating list.

Hortos on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does anyone have suggestions for the "famous PAXers" list? There has to be more then 6 of them.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    Does anyone have suggestions for the "famous PAXers" list? There has to be more then 6 of them.

@Porkfry
    @thekiko
    @rkhoo

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @Frightfully for me (changed it cos it bore no resemblance to my PAX persona whatsoever :) )

All new to this twittering thing. Any hard-and-fast conventions I should be sticking to or can I literally type whatever I like?

Frightfully English on
    edited April 2009
    If you're replying to someone, the first word should be @username. If you want your tweets on a specific subject to be searchable, you can use hashtags - for example, "I'm going to #PAX this year!"

Willeth on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    If you're replying to someone, the first word should be @username. If you want your tweets on a specific subject to be searchable, you can use hashtags - for example, "I'm going to #PAX this year!"

Someone put together a nice "Intro to Twitter" guide last year. That might be useful to pull out of the archives.

**Found it**
    XD

Hey friends, I just wrote a short guide for ya'll called:

AN ARCADIAN'S GUIDE TO TWITTER AT PAX

Please check it out and comment there with any questions.

<3

Firewallender

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Legend! Cheers Randomfool. Now to read it without my boss noticing...

Frightfully English on
  • Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Norm99 on
  • oniwolfoniwolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I am not in fact a twitter bot... O_o... I know that a couple of PAX list people have me blocked, like @chelseabot. I dunno what that's all about... I am a living, breathing tweeter!!

oniwolf on
    Please do not feed the murlocs!!
    ^_^....O_O....x_x
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oniwolf wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I am not in fact a twitter bot... O_o... I know that a couple of PAX list people have me blocked, like @chelseabot. I dunno what that's all about... I am a living, breathing tweeter!!

Chelseabot is a vengeful bitch, that's why. :P

MaoChan on
  • oniwolfoniwolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ....I wasnt aware that I had done anything to warrant revenge.... I set a friend/follow request thingy and it said I was blocked...??? Maybe I sent it wrong? I dunno, I'm still working on the bugs with twitter on my blackberry

oniwolf on
    Please do not feed the murlocs!!
    ^_^....O_O....x_x
  • Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @Cerrato0426

I've had a twitter for awhile but I suck at using it. I'll have to go read that guide on the OP.

Cerrato0426 on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oniwolf wrote: »
    ....I wasnt aware that I had done anything to warrant revenge.... I set a friend/follow request thingy and it said I was blocked...??? Maybe I sent it wrong? I dunno, I'm still working on the bugs with twitter on my blackberry

She's from Austin.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Her updates are private, so you might have to wait for her to approve you =D

Also, pls send me an @ reply if you send me a request. My updates are private now that my company is on Twitter, and I'll accept you if you tell me you're from the forums!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @GPIA7R

Just made account today, not sure how it works yet... so uh... yeah I'll look around it, can you get into "groups" of some sort, like a PA group?

GPIA7R on
    edited April 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    @GPIA7R

Just made account today, not sure how it works yet... so uh... yeah I'll look around it, can you get into "groups" of some sort, like a PA group?

I just updated the OP with a "getting started on Twitter" guide. Let me know if you have any other questions.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ive been getting so many followers from this thread lately lol, I figured I would make a post in it. :)

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited April 2009
    Heh, I've got a few already, too :P

My first reply was to Wil Wheaton. What can I say? I aim high.

XD

GPIA7R on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

XD

Wil's cool though. If you ask a meaningful question, he will sometimes actually reply... which is crazy since he has like 300,000 followers lol. He replied to my dad last week when he asked him a question about one of the stories he wrote or something...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited April 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

XD

Wil's cool though. If you ask a meaningful question, he will sometimes actually reply... which is crazy since he has like 300,000 followers lol. He replied to my dad last week when he asked him a question about one of the stories he wrote or something...
    I find that most internet celebrities/actors/authors will respond to you on Twitter. Cory Doctorow re-tweeted something that I sent him last week (which resulted in a flood of strange people following me)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @jamesabels, I try to announce when I will be on the playstation network and other various MMO's (City Of Heros and Battle Forge right now!)

ChuckNorrisTypeR on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @Zankabo

I hardly ever update it seems.. I guess I should try more often..

and ello everyone!

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    LTAcosta wrote: »

XD

I find that most internet celebrities/actors/authors will respond to you on Twitter. Cory Doctorow re-tweeted something that I sent him last week (which resulted in a flood of strange people following me)

I still have people following me that I got when Stephen Fry replied to me. I have to wonder who they think I am.

Willeth on
  • MagesMages Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just made a twitter to see what the fuss is about. I'm @TongueinMouth

Mages on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is it safe to say people are still tweeting but getting 30+ minutes lag on messages?

PeasantDave on
    edited April 2009
    Is it safe to say people are still tweeting but getting 30+ minutes lag on messages?

Twitter is mad jacked up and if you have T-Mobile, the mobile tweets are either missing or massively delayed.

MaoChan on
  • EarleyEarley juicyjones Seattle WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just want to remind everyone that we'll be having another PAX Twitter Shitter afterparty this year. And as a bonus @cwknight and @syntaxgenocide are going to arrange something for the under-21s out there too so we'll have everyone covered.

Last year we met at Belltown Billiards, but this year i don't think that will be large enough, even though they have a great dance floor. If you have some suggestions, let me know here and otherwise we're going to pick a place sometime pretty soon.

Earley
    @juicyjones

Earley on
    edited April 2009
    There was a TS afterparty last year? o.O

I fail apparently.

MaoChan on
  • DarcDarc Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Darc on
    There are 10 kinds of people; Those who read Binary, and Those who don't.

7Zd22nO.png
  • IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @izziebot

just started one today to go with my gaming blog. ^_^

Izzie on
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • TipistTipist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Belltown Billiards could be large enough, but only if we were able to basically reserve the whole place to ourselves for the night, which I don't think we could do.

Just so people know, I'll probably be using twitter just to update you all on how drunk I currently am and where I'm drinking at while at PAX. Just stick to the important issues, ya know? Anyways, I've already posted in this thread once, but here's my handle again just cuz I recall someone asking for this thread to get bumped on twitter.

@tipist

Tipist on
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @yamaraus

The sky has fallen. I have made a twitter account, just for PAX. I'm not sure yet how much I'll make use of it, yet.

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • EarleyEarley juicyjones Seattle WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Belltown Billiards won't work for the kind of crowd I expect. I mean our ad-hoc group last year was 40-60 people and that was enough for them. I don't want ALL of a place, I really would like there to be locals to dance with etc. There are a few places we could go that are cool and easy to get to on Capitol Hill and Downtown. Anyone with ideas chime in, cause the brains are working up here...

Earley on
  • EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Going to need to switch my entry on the master list, recently switched username to Ekkosangen. Follow me for random ramblings, chainmaille jewelery, and other chicanery!

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone else on Twitter having problems with their Twitter avatar? Twitter last week was having some issues, and a bunch of people's avatars have gone missing. Since then, every time I try to re-upload mine, it tells me, "Uh oh, too many tweets! Try again later," or whatever the equivalent is.

Am I just broken? :|

MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
    edited April 2009
    Yeah it's been addressed as a bug. Same with not seeing all your followees, or tweets from people you're following.

GPIA7R on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is anyone else having a problem with pocket twit version 70? it was working fine then I got a 'communications eror' and the help fil is no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but same problem. its been a week now....

Rayman on
  • Labrack2401Labrack2401 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @Labrack2401

I started using twitter lately and I love the updates from all of my friends at random times during the day; plus at PAX this would be very useful seeing that there are so many cool things going on all the time, its easy to get lost in the excitement :)

Labrack2401 on
  • JelryJelry SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @GridIronL4D

Been to the last two PAXs and loved each one. Looking to connect up with people to socialize and have even more fun as I have pretty much been alone other than the people I met in meat space.

First year I got lucky and placed in the money round in the World In Conflict tournament. Look forward to meeting many of you.

Twitter noob also, joined for the TS.

Jelry on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Keep on forgetting to add myself onto this list. So here we go.

@Wormdundee

Wormdundee on