As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Pro Wrestling Returns] Wrestling, Wrestling, and MORE WRESTLING

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    In the fire pro series, Weak+Medium has always been the finishing move button, while 3 Directions+Strong are the strong moves.

JustinSane07 on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In the fire pro series, Weak+Medium has always been the finishing move button, while 3 Directions+Strong are the strong moves.

Right. Except when it hasn't. Like the in-game, factory settings, like a virgin Kenta Kobashi. Who has O+Down as the Burning Hammer, his [F]inisher, while []+X is a brainbuster, a pecialty move.

Or AJ Styles, who has the Styles Clash as O+Down and a superkick on []+X, not even as a pecialty move.

Or Daioh QUALLT (O+Up), Keijih Mutoh (O+Down), Manabu Nakanishi (O+L/R), Jyushin Lyger (O+Up), Scott Norton (O+Down), Kevin Nash (O+Down), Davey Boy Smith, Bam Bam Bigelow, Juvie Guerrera and so on and so forth.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah when I create wrestlers I try to keep the C (finisher) move as [] + X. Just so it's consistant.

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2009
    David_T wrote: »

Right. Except when it hasn't. Like the in-game, factory settings, like a virgin Kenta Kobashi. Who has O+Down as the Burning Hammer, his [F]inisher, while []+X is a brainbuster, a pecialty move.

Or AJ Styles, who has the Styles Clash as O+Down and a superkick on []+X, not even as a pecialty move.

Or Daioh QUALLT (O+Up), Keijih Mutoh (O+Down), Manabu Nakanishi (O+L/R), Jyushin Lyger (O+Up), Scott Norton (O+Down), Kevin Nash (O+Down), Davey Boy Smith, Bam Bam Bigelow, Juvie Guerrera and so on and so forth.

Well then Spike fucked up when they made this game, because the originals by Human use Weak+Medium for the finisher slot.

And I'm gonna continue putting them in that slot.

JustinSane07 on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If move positioning is your biggest complaint about all of this, you haven't spent enough time with the default logic;-p
    Seriously though, alot of people alter move positions on certain guys to facilitate better connection on high flying moves. I dunno though, personally I'm kind of stickler for using the []+O combo as critical moves for guys who have their criticals in grapple positions. However I also don't make very many Flippy McGillicutty characters either.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well then Spike fucked up when they made this game, because the originals by Human use Weak+Medium for the finisher slot.

And by "originals by Human", we're including Super Fire Pro X Premium, yes? Where Hashimotos finisher is A+Up, Black Tigers is A+Down, Misawas is A+Up, Taue's is A+Up, Kawadas is A+L/R, The Undertakers is A+Down, Vaders is A+Down, Scott Steiners is A+Up and so on and so on and so on.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just updated my site. Christian Cage and The Rock are now posted. The heads in those little pics look like they have messed up eyebrows, but it was just the point at which I stopped my video feed to take a screen cap.

S_Christian.pngS_Rock.png

Action shots:
    Action_Christian.pngAction_Rock.png

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TheBigDaddyDowdTheBigDaddyDowd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NICE!!!!! I'll be using those as soon as my game gets here from where ever its coming from.

TheBigDaddyDowd on
    TheBigDaddyDowd.png
    AC City folk=2965-2082-7154
    edited April 2009
    Hockey playoffs start next week or so, right? I think next week will be hockey edit time.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So are there any good ROH packs out there? I have one, and it's good, but it's really outdated. I'd love an up-to-date collection of the best roster in American wrestling.

LockedOnTarget on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Some questions about editing wrestlers:

1: How did you make Cage's pants have that logo? Is that just a paint layer on top of... which pants, exactly?

2: The wrestlers in the game already have multiple costumes; how do you change it up for created wrestlers?

3: When I am assigning movesets, I see three statistics on the move: Primary attack and sub attack (which I assume is used for calculating damage) and the "compatibility" rank. If use moves that are, say, a rank "E" for a move am I hurting a wrestler by assigning such a move? Or, is that stat just there to say "based on your style this isn't something you'd use?" The manual is pretty cryptic about some of this stuff...

DietarySupplement on
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really need to pick up this PS2 release, as my middle school years consisted of doing Super Fire Pro animations, like the one found on the second page. There were full, thriving communities of animators, tournaments with animation stipulations, the works. Hell, lemme see if I can track down a few of my old ones:
    chairtipfinal.gif

kamifall.gif

splitlegdrop.gif

Among dozens of others!

So yes, Fire Pro Wrestling is fantastic, and everyone in the world should love it. <3

EDIT: Now with working images!

Kami on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Angelfire doesn't work so good for image linking.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited April 2009
    Angelfire doesn't work so good for image linking.

Lies! Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case. I'll reupload and edit.

Kami on
    edited April 2009
    I'd love an up-to-date collection of the best roster in American wrestling.

Elwood's Chikara pack?

Sorry, I can't resist an opportunity to swipe at RoH.

Seriously though, I know Ahep is supposed to have updated his RoH, TNA and Indy save just last month so maybe that will have what you're after in it? Otherwise you will probably have to settle for grabbing all the guys you want from various packs.

Also everybody should grab the NWWC beta save, I here that shit is TIGHT, espescially Team AWESOME!
    *eyeshifts*
    WHAT?

Dyvim Tvar on
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

2: The wrestlers in the game already have multiple costumes; how do you change it up for created wrestlers?
    I believe only one costume for created wrestlers. You'll have to make copies and have multiple versions if you want more than one costume.
    3: When I am assigning movesets, I see three statistics on the move: Primary attack and sub attack (which I assume is used for calculating damage) and the "compatibility" rank. If use moves that are, say, a rank "E" for a move am I hurting a wrestler by assigning such a move? Or, is that stat just there to say "based on your style this isn't something you'd use?" The manual is pretty cryptic about some of this stuff...
    The ranks for moves are determined by the styles you assigned your wrestlers. If you give them a bunch of "E" rated moves they won't do much damage and I believe it also causes them to lose their stamina way quicker. If anybody wants to correct me its been a while since I read about the mechanics in depth but I think that's the case. Anyway, any ranks below B or C = BAD.

MarvellousM on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I believe only one costume for created wrestlers. You'll have to make copies and have multiple versions if you want more than one costume.

Indeed. And it is remarkable how quickly you can hit that seemingly huge limit on created wrestlers if you are using guys from many different promotions/eras, and trying to do multiple instances of key guys so that you have multiple costumes or personas for them.

Ketar on
    edited April 2009
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Elwood's Chikara pack?

Seriously though, I know Ahep is supposed to have updated his RoH, TNA and Indy save just last month so maybe that will have what you're after in it? Otherwise you will probably have to settle for grabbing all the guys you want from various packs.

Also everybody should grab the NWWC beta save, I here that shit is TIGHT, espescially Team AWESOME!
    *eyeshifts*
    WHAT?

It's okay, us ROH fans are used to jealous CHIKARA fans. :p

Nah, the two companies are such completely different products, I don't think it's even really fair to compare them. It's like comparing HUSTLE to NOAH.

I checked out that one pack but it seems like it doesn't have a PS3 version. Damn.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited April 2009
    Some questions about editing wrestlers:

1: How did you make Cage's pants have that logo? Is that just a paint layer on top of... which pants, exactly?

All about editing the individual colors of a layer. I don't just pick one of the 4-color group things for the colors of my edits. I edit each individual block of color to make logos/designs.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited April 2009
    I've done nothing but play this game all weekend.

All weekend.

DietarySupplement on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've done nothing but play this game all weekend.

All weekend.

It happens. My virtual avatar runs two concurrent wrestling promotion and a yearly MMA tourney. He's almost as busy as the real me.
    Technically my LARP character, etc.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2009

Elwood's Chikara pack?

*eyeshifts*
    WHAT?

Nah, the two companies are such completely different products, I don't think it's even really fair to compare them. It's like comparing HUSTLE to NOAH.

I checked out that one pack but it seems like it doesn't have a PS3 version. Damn.

It's all the fault of Roderick Strong, that guy kills my interest in a product faster than even pre-heel turn Nigel McGuiness could manage. He's only marginally worse than PAC, which means the two of them turning up in PWG so much at around the same time helped ween me off that product temporarily as well, sadly.

I think I heard somebody was working on converting Ahep's pack to a PS3 save. If not then maybe try asking in the thread and see if anybody with a PS3 has already done the converting leg work and can hook you up?

Dyvim Tvar on
  • zychizychi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so was FPHD actually a joke like the title suggests? I got all excited for more FP

zychi on
    edited April 2009
    zychi wrote: »
    so was FPHD actually a joke like the title suggests? I got all excited for more FP

Yup. Complete hoax by a poster on FPC. Not surprising.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited April 2009

Elwood's Chikara pack?

*eyeshifts*
    WHAT?

It's all the fault of Roderick Strong, that guy kills my interest in a product faster than even pre-heel turn Nigel McGuiness could manage. He's only marginally worse than PAC, which means the two of them turning up in PWG so much at around the same time helped ween me off that product temporarily as well, sadly.

I think I heard somebody was working on converting Ahep's pack to a PS3 save. If not then maybe try asking in the thread and see if anybody with a PS3 has already done the converting leg work and can hook you up?

Roddy's a hell of a wrestler. Just has no personality. But he can work a damn good match. He hasn't had a key role in ROH for a long time now, though.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited April 2009
    Strong isn't even that good, really. He was well protected in Ring of Honour I grant you, but his psychology is pretty weak and his presence is none existant.
    Sure there are worse guys than him in American wrestling, but that's like saying there are worse ways to die than being mauled to death by a panther. It may be true, but that ain't changing the fact that it's a lousy way to go out.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited April 2009
    Kami wrote: »
    I really need to pick up this PS2 release, as my middle school years consisted of doing Super Fire Pro animations, like the one found on the second page. There were full, thriving communities of animators, tournaments with animation stipulations, the works. Hell, lemme see if I can track down a few of my old ones:
    chairtipfinal.gif

kamifall.gif

splitlegdrop.gif

Among dozens of others!

So yes, Fire Pro Wrestling is fantastic, and everyone in the world should love it. <3

Those are pretty good, Kami. I linked mine earlier in the thread.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2009
    Strong isn't even that good, really. He was well protected in Ring of Honour I grant you, but his psychology is pretty weak and his presence is none existant.
    Sure there are worse guys than him in American wrestling, but that's like saying there are worse ways to die than being mauled to death by a panther. It may be true, but that ain't changing the fact that it's a lousy way to go out.

I strongly disagree. He's a damn good worker. He's had a lot of fantastic matches in his career. His series with Stevens was incredible stuff.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited April 2009
    Incredible is a strong word, espescially one for use with anything that involves Erik Stevens;-p
    I am willing to confess that since my dislike for him really set in I've just ignored anything Strong has ever done, so he might have improved drastically. I just never saw anything special about the guy, and he was overrated so quickly by so many of the kinds of people I don't like that I never thought of giving him a second chance.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited April 2009
    Kami wrote: »
    chairtipfinal.gif

kamifall.gif

splitlegdrop.gif

Among dozens of others!

Those are pretty good, Kami. I linked mine earlier in the thread.

I saw. It brought back tons of memories, ahah :lol:

Kactus Ken, Face, Big Sexy, Overshadow, Dogglife, SyxxKid, Mauler, DeFuckinShow, tons and tons of animators from way back when.

Kami on
    edited April 2009
    Alright, more questions... sorry if these are out of place/order:

1. After reading your guys' advice about move "compatibility" I got a little bummed out. I guess I understand the "need" for the limitation; it cuts down on min-maxxing. But if I create a striker, why can't he have a powerbomb for good measure? Why should I be penalized for that? Is there any guides out that that explain this mechanic? The manual just says basically "I R INCOMPATIBLE."

2. I'm almost 100% certain that, back in the Dreamcast Iteration, created wrestlers had multiple color schemes without copying them. That's pretty disappointing if that's out of this generation. I mean, not a huge deal, but still...

3. As I understand, there's no "career" mode for wrestlers. Just the promoter mode that you basically run a league (kinda-sorta). Is this correct? I mean, look, I didn't buy this for a career mode, so I'm not upset about it... just want to confirm.

4. Along those lines, I haven't created any belts yet. If I do create a belt, and then do a "title" match, is it just a 1-1 (or whatever match type) or is there a series of matches to determine who wins it?

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2009
    Answers are as follows:

1 - Compatability, ignore it. Seriously, all it does is effect how much stamina each move uses. Want to put a powerbomb on a guy who favours kicking people in the face? Fine, do it. Don't worry about compatability, personally I think it's a dick move to go with all A and B compat. moves (espescially if you ever plan on e-fedding or simming with them) because it means they can lash around big moves all day without getting worn down.

2 - One outfit per edit. Want more? Clone the edit and reattire him. It's a stupid mechanic but that's how it is. I'm also not certain it was different for FPD but somebody else would know better than me, I didn't do any edit work in that game.

3 - No career mode, not even a road to the title like D had. Promoter mode is great but, sadly, you can't use your edits in that mode. Don't know what Spike(or whoever it was that they actually outsourced the development to) were thinking with that decision frankly.

4 - There's just the title match to determine who holds the belt.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited April 2009
    Thanks Dyvim... I appreciate the prompt response. I can live with the stamina cost, but I was worried the attacks would be less effective. I can understand that if my striker pulls a powerbomb, he *should* be more winded than a pure wrestler using the same move. Do you have any source for this info? If it turns out it does less damage, then I'll have to re-engineer my concept.

And forget cloning and re-skinning them. That's not worth my time (or wrester slots) at all.

And that's ok about the lack of career modes; I have a blast just creating big-ass tournaments and playing them. I can see creating belts to challange friends with, so that might be fun.

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2009
    I'll look for one of the guides that mentioned it.
    I know I've done my own testing and come to pretty much the same conclusion, damage remains constant based upon your parameters, energy cost fluctuates based upon your fight style and subsequent compatability.

EDIT: Here you go. You want section 5.3, although everything in the document is worth a browse to be honest with you.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited April 2009
    Awesome, this is exactly what I need. Thanks!

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2009
    I finally got my copy of the game in the mail today. woot!

TheBigDaddyDowd on
    TheBigDaddyDowd.png
    edited April 2009
    Fire Pro Friday! I am releasing orange third jersey Mike Richards and white jersey Sidney Crosby today. What time? Well, let's just say eventually. Haha. I am still working on the knee pads/pants.

edit: Was browsing the nets and found this guy playing that Wrestlemania game. He is hating it. As am I. LINK

Yokozuna going to the top rope? Good job, THQ.

edit 2: Mike Richards and Sidney Crybaby

S_MRichards.pngS_Crosby.png

Action shots:
    Action_MRichards.pngAction_Crosby.png

(right pic) Well, look who is diving yet again. :lol:

Enjoy!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited April 2009
    Ok where is Christians finisher listed? I can not find it anywhere in this game.

TheBigDaddyDowd on
    TheBigDaddyDowd.png
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Its from a back grapple and is called the Rev Drop Face Buster.

7 Agility 5 Power

MyNameIsWalrus on
    edited April 2009
    I really want to start posting movesets, but I am pretty sure most of my 100% completed look edits don't have the moveset I want. When I eventually post movesets (if I do), I want them to be for people that play the game. What I mean is that I am going to try and make up+X (etc) moves that lift or deal with the air or leaving feet or something and make all X+[] finishers (where possible). Granted there will be plenty of acceptions, but yea.

I want to release some more edits before next Friday. No promises, but I feel like all the other sections of my site are jealous of the Heroes/Villains section of Fire Pro. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png