As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Off!] Star Wars Galaxies

Demon LemonDemon Lemon Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
When this game was released, it was my first MMO. I didn't start right when it was released, I started at least a year before the Combat Downgrade came out, it opened my eyes to how fun these kinds of games could be.
I quit SWG for the duration of the CU, I got an even worse surprise when I came back to the game. The New Game Enhancements. This piece of dog crap reared it's smelly and repulsive head, pretty much killing the game. If killing the game wasn't bad enough, here comes New Game Enhancements, literally corpse humping the dead empty carcass of what was once a fun game that I played with family members and friends alike.
So I started this thread to just remember what this game was.
Oh and also I guess to remind SOE never, ever, to support games ever again.

logo.gif
Demon Lemon on

• Options
    SlyeguySlyeguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i remember SWG pre CU, and then the NGE, i tryed to stick with it, but getting rid of every good part of the game just seemed like a good idea to SOE. sadly there is no way to fix it, but lets remember the better times when the game was good, and had no levels =P

Slyeguy on
    Evebanner.jpg
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I remember when this game wasn't a steaming shitpile.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I remember when this game wasn't a steaming shitpile.

Good times.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    managed to poke around SOE's site long enough to find my original CE account, i have a few months free, so i'm reactivating for the hell of it.

apparently it gave me the jump to lightspeed expansion which i never bought?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    SlyeguySlyeguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zephos wrote:
    managed to poke around SOE's site long enough to find my original CE account, i have a few months free, so i'm reactivating for the hell of it.

apparently it gave me the jump to lightspeed expansion which i never bought?

yea, SOE kinda got to a point in SWG that they decided they had messed it up so bad they better start throwing free shit at you. thats why when you get on you will be attacked with veteran rewards. its really never worth going back to that game now, unless your gonna play the emu thats coming out. or unless your a roleplayer, there are buckets of that still in game.

Slyeguy on
    Evebanner.jpg
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    yeah, its a launch account, so i got all of the vet. rewards, so thats kinda neat.

aside from the fact i glitched and had them all disappear after 1 logout.

GM fixed it though, although man, the new GM interface sucks.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SWG was my first MMO and I LOVED it. Then the changes came. I eventually left right before Rise of Wookies came out. It sucked too because I had a ton of money, a jedi who passed the trials, and a successful mining business.

I got a bunch of trial passes at Celebration III and I keep telling myself I'm going to reinstall it and fire it up again just to see what it's like one of these days. I never do, though.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm really wanting to get back into this, but Sony's ass-backwards registration system isn't agreeing with me. Since I've played the game before, I've registered my CDKey and Account. However, when I try to edit my registration, there's no way to verify my CDKey. Then, when I go to the Subscription screen, and enter my information, it says that my CDKey is already in use.

No shit, Sony. It's mine.

Kami on
  • Options
    CaptHawkeye1CaptHawkeye1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SOE has always been a crappy company, but their quality has taken a noticeable dive in recent years (despite the belief that it couldn't get any lower).

Remember when Planetside could have upwards of 50,000 people on at any time and two battle continents poplocked at once?

CaptHawkeye1 on
    ---This post has been formatted to fit your primitive computer screen.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it just me, or are they slowly just re-adding the stuff they took out?

I mean, apparently entertainers buff again.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't remember SWG ever being much good. Even when it wasn't ruined, it was just really boring. Endless stretches of generic content ftl.

Zek on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Maybe it was meant for the people who didn't like being spoon-fed stuff?

Which makes the "LOL HI HAN AND CHEWIE!!!" tutorial so much more horrible.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    CaptHawkeye1CaptHawkeye1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I felt like vomiting during that entire intro. Apparently SOE couldn't think of a better way to patronize gamers and Star Wars fans alike.

CaptHawkeye1 on
    ---This post has been formatted to fit your primitive computer screen.
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Luckily, I've never seen that Han/Chewie tutorial. The only tutorial I can remember is the one that's done after you're taken aboard an Imperial Space Station. I remember thinking "Wow, the Empire is everywhere. They got this right..."

Then the rest of the game pissed on my parade.

Raggaholic on