As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

comix of questionable humor

15678911»

• D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pretty nifty.

The fire extinguisher looks sort of like a duck with its mouth open looking back at the guy like "sorry man". Really makes the panel.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wuv you.

NeoRedXIII on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whoa it does look like a duck! It's all like I'mmm buurning...

Tanks Neo. Update on my PennyArcade contest thing. I finalized the lines and I added some color. Here's the first version as well...

PAAC.jpg

TandCcopy.jpg

Any crits? I know the lightsource is poorly defined/non existant and the values are pretty much all midtones. I'm gonna work on that fo sho.

earthwormadam on
  • crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I feel like most of my crits may have to wait to see that pending lightsource stuff; at the moment the only thing I see is that the clock seems a bit too prominent/thickly lined, at least compared to Twisp and the portrait; other than that, I look forward to seeing this guy develop.

Oh, wait, another really small nitpicky thing--the change in direction of the woodgrain seems a bit sudden there by teapot-Catsby, which throws me off just the tiniest bit.

crawdaddio on
    edited March 2009
    Oops, yeah the clock lines could've been a bit thinner I agree. I don't think I'm going to alter the lines however, since I already started coloring. I shoulda mentioned that.

The strange woodgrain thing I'll definitely remedy though. Thanks for the pointers.

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2009
    So I finished that PA piece a while ago, so here's that. I would've liked to remedy a few more things, but I'm happy enough with it. No point in killing myself over it since a lot of the other entries are like 10 times more incredibletastic.

TandC3.jpg

I also just finished my bag for that gallery show. It's this Friday but since none of you are from around here, I guess I can post the pics in here. I used mostly felt and a few other fabrics. The inside of the bag is bright yellow like the bow and shoes. She also has two snaggletooths but the flash appears to have washed out some of the colors.

It's Miss Tabooth and she is here to say ello.

DSCN0318-2.jpg

What a penny pincher you are!

DSCN0319-1.jpg

Looks can be deceiving!
    DSCN0320-1.jpg

It's going to be on sale at the gallery for $131.00. I figured that was reasonable seeing as the bag cost like a hundred dollars, and since I put a silver dollar in the purse.

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2009
    Oh sweet jesus.
    MR TABOOTH!?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    being a sucker for all thing related to messenger bags can i just say WANT!!!
    MY GAWD I WANT THAT!!!

brokecracker on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is where my background at a fine-arts university really shows.

I greatly prefer your first coloring for the PA contest to the second, because as it is entirely in the high-value-range, I find that it is well-keyed, and would actually prefer the line-art to be brought up to a higher range to match it.

However, from what little experience I've had with Graphic Design courses, I know that it is not a desirable trait in commercial/mass produced art to have something like that, which would explain you stating it all being so close in value as a negative trait instead of a positive one.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh god, the penis pic wasn't loading for me yesterday, but this makes it like a million times better now.

Mustang on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hahahaha, I wuv you Mr. Adam. Totally did not expect that.

NightDragon on
    edited April 2009
    Ha thanks guys, your comments mean so much to me!

D-robe - I'm actually not too fond of that name but once I got to the art gallery they made me give it a title and I couldn't think of a good name for him/her. All I could think about was she was taboo and she has a tooth.

brokecracker - This show would be wondrous for you then. I saw some of the other artists bags and they are so damn cool. Look at this one in particular, because I think it rocks and it also has a nice tutorial on the process!

Manon - hm I hadn't really thought about it like that before. I usually don't worry about having good contrast in my colors, but in this case I wanted to make sure everything really popped.

stang - There is nothing more shocking than a surprise penis. There just isn't.

ND - I'm hoping the person who ends up with it isn't expecting it either and then one day their curiosity gets the best of them and BAM, surprise penis!

earthwormadam on
    edited April 2009
    I'm hoping the person who ends up with it isn't expecting it either and then one day their curiosity gets the best of them and BAM, surprise penis!

There is nothing more shocking than a surprise penis. There just isn't.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited April 2009
    Art show went well enough, though since I didn't know anyone there I kinda just dropped in and out. I'm just not good at mingling!

boooored.

skullbrain.jpg

earthwormadam on