As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Family [Chat]ters

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I like and respect the police.

Ok.
    Just because they're police?

I like and respect people worthy of respect. I don't respect someone more just because they wear a uniform.

What? You don't automatically respect someone for taking a well-paid and safe* job that also allows them to be essentially immune to traffics tickets and misdemeanors forever?

* Being a cop isn't even in the top 20 of most dangerous jobs. Pizza delivery is far, far more dangerous.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mets games are pretty fun because they're cheap, but it's a pain to go there.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Ok.

I like and respect people worthy of respect. I don't respect someone more just because they wear a uniform.

I try pretty hard to give people the benefit of the doubt. More often than not they manage to rise to meet my expectations.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

Ok.

I have encountered a reasonable number of pleasant and professional police.

I have also encountered plenty of jobsworth wankers.

All the female cops I've known have been pretty cool. Most of the actual male police officers I've met have also been pretty cool. All of the male campus cops I've met have been giant cockbags.
    because campus police cops' main source of revenue comes from the force with which they can whip out their dicks and wave them around

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Around here there are "Community Patrol Officers".

They're notionally civilian, often volunteers, and have no powers of arrest.

I have never encountered a more pompous and arrogant group of people in my life.

japan on
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »

O_o I thought Citi Field was expensive as balls?

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    All of my experiences with cops come from being at football matches and being mistaken for a hooligan who should "shut the fuck up and know their place".

This even applied when I went to make a complaint after being struck in the head by a coin.

Tav on
    edited April 2009

I have never encountered a more pompous and arrogant group of people in my life.
    because they're volunteers

"lookit me sacrificing my time to patrol these streets and get ragingly hot boners of love for myself that I can stroke with my own magnanimity"

Hakkekage on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I don't know how much they jacked up the ticket prices, but I saw two mets phillies games last year, and I had pretty good seats like twenty rows up from the third base line for $30.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    You are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

I would buy this t-shirt.

I would profile and subsequently detain you based on wearing this t-shirt.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

Ok.

You know those people who cross the street to get away from black people? I'm almost to that point with cops. The only reason I don't is because I'm afraid they'd use it as an excuse to beat me.

Make sure you don't jaywalk...

LaOs on
    edited April 2009

I don't know how much they jacked up the ticket prices, but I saw two mets phillies games last year, and I had pretty good seats like twenty rows up from the third base line for $30.

Shea had like 12,000 more seats than Citi.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Last night, I was walking home (only about three blocks), and I'm pretty much alone on this street when I see this cop. I really got way more nervous than I should have; it's to the point now where I'm scared to be alone with a cop, just because I know that without witnesses, it'll just be his word against mine, and I'll be fucked if he pulls anything. So, I'm like glancing over my shoulder all nervous-like, when I realize that it's not a cop, but a fireman (I was walking right in front of the fire station).

I should not be that scared of police.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

Ok.

You know those people who cross the street to get away from black people? I'm almost to that point with cops. The only reason I don't is because I'm afraid they'd use it as an excuse to beat me.
    Make sure you don't jaywalk...
    Yeah, I think jaywalking means they can shoot me in this state.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

because they're volunteers

"lookit me sacrificing my time to patrol these streets and get ragingly hot boners of love for myself that I can stroke with my own magnanimity"

It's worse than that.

A lot of the time they're people who applied to be cops, didn't get in, and were told that it would be useful experience to have if they planned on re-applying.

Occasionally you find someone who is genuinely just trying to help out, but usually they're bitter people with a massive chip on their shoulder.

japan on
    edited April 2009
    Last night, I was walking home (only about three blocks), and I'm pretty much alone on this street when I see this cop. I really got way more nervous than I should have; it's to the point now where I'm scared to be alone with a cop, just because I know that without witnesses, it'll just be his word against mine, and I'll be fucked if he pulls anything. So, I'm like glancing over my shoulder all nervous-like, when I realize that it's not a cop, but a fireman (I was walking right in front of the fire station).

I'm inclined to agree.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited April 2009

Wow, I knew that they cut down the seating capacity, but damn. Looks like I won't be going to any mets games this year.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You're right.

Bama on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Sonic Spinball is so fucking hard.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

show us on the doll where he touched you

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    You're right.

Yeah come on, you're a white male with an affluent name in the U District than.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The only encounter I've had with the police in years is when they came round to my door at 5 in the morning and started banging on it loudly and shouting "police!"

They were looking for someone who wasn't, and never had been, here. Fucking terrifying way to wake up though.

Starcross on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the fuck Than? Why would a cop start on you?

Tav on
    edited April 2009

Wow, I knew that they cut down the seating capacity, but damn. Looks like I won't be going to any mets games this year.

Wooo, I checked the actual numbers. Shea: 57,333 - Citi: 42,500.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited April 2009

I'm inclined to agree.

I remember reading in a book (I can't remember what, now) about a plan to fix the police by making them wear brightly coloured, jolly costumes. The reasoning being that trying to attract the right kind of people towards being cops is not done by allowing them to stamp around in "fascistic regalia".

japan on
    edited April 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    The only encounter I've had with the police in years is when they came round to my door at 5 in the morning and started banging on it loudly and shouting "police!"

They were looking for someone who wasn't, and never had been, here. Fucking terrifying way to wake up though.
    That's when you fire a few shots through the wall to let them know you heard them.

Bama on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

I thought you were white.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    What the fuck Than? Why would a cop start on you?

he's constantly robbing banks, smoking crack, jaywalking, you know.

than is straight up thuggin

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009

What about a cop carrying a bottle of high fructose corn syrup?

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2009
    I remember reading in a book (I can't remember what, now) about a plan to fix the police by making them wear brightly coloured, jolly costumes.
    I support this plan and would gladly donate a princely sum to assist its implementation.

Bama on
    edited April 2009
    I once got randomly stopped and searched nine times in the space of two months.

The experience has somewhat coloured my judgement towards the police.

japan on
    edited April 2009

I'm inclined to agree.
    Yeah Than you're a little stir crazy about this right here

Hakkekage on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I remember reading in a book (I can't remember what, now) about a plan to fix the police by making them wear brightly coloured, jolly costumes.
    I support this plan and would gladly donate a princely sum to assist its implementation.

Not with my tax dollars!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    You're right.
    Yeah come on, you're a white male with an affluent name in the U District than.
    I grew up in a town where I got profiled for being young, having long hair, and driving an old pickup truck. I realize that's not the case in Seattle, but it's hard to get out of that mindset. And yeah, it's irrational paranoia, but really, the fact that a cop could choose to shoot me in cold blood and literally know pretty much for a fact he'd get away with murder is a pretty frightening thing.

Thanatos on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

well no, not if you're a white male.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited April 2009

I remember reading in a book (I can't remember what, now) about a plan to fix the police by making them wear brightly coloured, jolly costumes. The reasoning being that trying to attract the right kind of people towards being cops is not done by allowing them to stamp around in "fascistic regalia".
    don't british cops already wear bright fucking yellow and silly hats

Hakkekage on
    edited April 2009

I once got randomly stopped and searched nine times in the space between my cheeks.

Bama on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    not being shot by cops in your own driveway is a pretty big perk of being white.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    not being shot by cops in your own driveway is a pretty big perk of being white.

we get loans pretty easily too

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I once got randomly stopped and searched nine times in the space between my cheeks.
    Oh you think that was random?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.