As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-PAX Dinner?

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
OP edited to say that there's an official thread for the Post-PAX Dinner, which can be found here.

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Arco on

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Like Sunday night?

That could be a fun capper event!

Oh! What about a Monday-morning breakfast? =) Just tossing ideas out there. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm down with a dinner for Sunday night, even if it's just a gathering at a restaurant or something. Monday breakfast is a good idea too, but I'm checking out Sunday.. >_<

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited April 2009
    Aye, a good point, I bet a lot of people are also checking out Sunday.

Sunday Dinner it is! =)

Ooh, speaking of dinner... ET, if you're out there, what's the plan for the Pre-PAX Dinner this year? Last year was so much fun, count me in for any help needed this year as well! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Likewise, I've been anxious for that thread to start once again, and will be glad to arrive early to help out. It would be nice to get some of the preparation and what-not on my community project as well. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like a cool idea. I'm not planning on leaving until Monday night anyway.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think that's what a lot of people do. Their last night in the hotel is Sunday, they leave sometime Monday.

Who else is interested in a Post-PAX Dinner?

Arco on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Aye, a good point, I bet a lot of people are also checking out Sunday.

Sunday Dinner it is! =)

Ooh, speaking of dinner... ET, if you're out there, what's the plan for the Pre-PAX Dinner this year? Last year was so much fun, count me in for any help needed this year as well! =)=)

My wife and I just met with the venue staff today. We'll probably be posting a pre- thread over the weekend to get feedback on ideas. If things go well we'll start registration by the end of the month I think.

Arco: Trust me, as somebody who does this every year, it's critical to get a headcount (which, without money up front you can safely cut in half to account for no-shows), warn whatever restaurant you want to overrun about said headcount estimate and try to get deals for attendees, and make sure whoever is in charge of each table's bill is competent and trustworthy, because the restaurant will come looking for cash from the organizer if the group shorts it. Also you probably should think about a liability waiver, because without a corporate veil it'll be your assets on the line if somebody sues because their coffee was hot and thinks its your fault for choosing the restaurant. That's the tip of the iceberg. You want more PM me.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited April 2009
    Woot! Awesome ET! =)=) I had a blast last year, and I can't wait for this one! =)

Aye, and definitely get the low-down on info from ET Arco, from what I heard that first year of Pre-PAX Dinner brought with it a lot of good lessons he can help you with. =)

VThornheart on
  • iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm totally into this. :D I never get to come for the pre-pax stuff 'cause of work. This will be a blast!

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This thread is relevant to my interests.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited April 2009
    Okay! So based on the interest that I'm seeing in this thread, this might actually turn into a thing. I'm in contact with ET right now for some much needed assistance in setting it up and making it happen. Obviously it's very early and everything at this point is conceptual, but...

the Post-PAX dinner looks like it will happen!

As we move closer to a time when actual details like headcounts, venues, menus, etc. become relevant I'll begin exploring and finalizing things. For now, just discuss and drum up interest so this thing actually happens. I would hate for it to die a slow forum death between now and summer.

Arco on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This could turn into a fun community wrap up event, although dont a lot of people have flights on Saturday night, or do most people wait until Monday to head back to their lives?

Azazel on
    edited April 2009
    I'm assuming you meant Sunday night, and I'd be willing to wager that there's a good chunk of people who don't leave until Monday. The entire PAXtrain crew leaves Monday. But this is by no means everyone. Of course we'll miss some people who do leave Sunday evening, but that's just the nature of the beast. Hopefully those people are able to attend the Pre-PAX dinner. I'd hate for someone to have to miss both. :(

Arco on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Make it happen.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
    edited April 2009
    What kind of food do you guys think would be best for this kind of thing?

Arco on
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As a PAXtrain person, I'd love to see a post-PAX dinner happen.

For food venues, maybe looking at past places for the pre-PAX dinner would be a good start. At the least, you'd get an idea of capacity and how they handled the crowd.

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
    edited April 2009
    Yamara wrote: »
    As a PAXtrain person, I'd love to see a post-PAX dinner happen.

For food venues, maybe looking at past places for the pre-PAX dinner would be a good start. At the least, you'd get an idea of capacity and how they handled the crowd.

Yep. I'm PAXtrain as well, and that's kind of what got the idea in my head in the first place.

Also, that's a fantastic suggestion. I'll get in touch with ElectricTurtle again about that.

Arco on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Are we still doing pre-pax too though?

parabola on
    edited April 2009
    This idea and this thread are totally separate from Pre-PAX. This is going to be in addition to Pre-PAX, which as far as I know is going to be happening. ET has intimated as such.

In fact, the whole thing is only happening because a bunch of us (PAXtrain, for example) miss the Pre-PAX dinner, and we want to feel special, too.

Arco on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Pre-PAX Dinner is still happening and is entirely separate.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
This discussion has been closed.