Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Family [Chat]ters

1404143454651

Posts

  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    hey now gays do have HIV scares to worry about. even if i don't have unprotected sex with strange men I still worry

    Hey now. Breeders can also receive that uncomfortable "You might want to get checked" phone call.

    What an insensitive sodomite.

    Man one time I had a bump down there that wasn't ever there before.

    Scariest doctor's appointment ever.

    My fiancee (then girlfriend) had some precancerous cells removed. The sort of thing associated with HPV, which is great because hey, it's not HIV or herpes or something terrible, but it sucks because there are no symptoms in guys and no test, so who knows if I gave it to her or she got it from an ex and now I'm a stealth plague bearer. We're monogamous, but it's still weaksauce.

    TL DR on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I'm afraid of clowns.

    Especially clowns on their periods.

    It's the devil's Rorschach test, I tell you what.

    Gim on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Cesca says she ain't wearing no saddle.

    Really I just know a few BDSM people. It's like any other pastime in that it has it's own groups and divisions.

    Of course you do.

    You're British.

    BDSM is the British vice.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Fuck fuck fuck

    thinking about grad school gets me so depressed

    why?

    Because all the departments that I want go to are pluralistic (a combination of history, analytic, and continental) and they have ridiculously low numbers. For instance, at Fordham 240 applicants were fighting for 7 spots. My GPA just isn't good enough -- I have around a 3.4, I should probably have 3.7. I guess I just need to fuck the GRE in the asshole and bang my Heidegger prof to get a kick ass recommendation.

    But seriously, I've never had anxiety about anything before. Every time I think about it, it's like each of my skin cells is getting a wedgie.

    oh, so you're concerned you won't get in to grad school

    yeah that's a valid concern

    i never had that worry because i just did a lazy man's MA at the same school, mostly for the easy money and the fun of it without needing to dedicate myself to an academic career

    there is always a grad school you can get into that will offer what you want to some degree, though. always. and if you don't get what you want, you can do an MA somewhere decent and use that to get into a PhD after you publish some stuff, go to conferences, get some really good reference letters, etc.

    I'm thinking about doing that. Honestly, it's just depressing all around.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

    I had a single condom breaking incident. I have also never been so glad to have a girlfriend get her period.

    Anytime you're worried about it being late just punch your SO in the stomach while shes not paying attention.

    Falcon Punch!

    Gim on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie

    At the risk of making myself sound weirder still, I've always heard this referred to as "soggy biscuit".

    japan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

    I had a single condom breaking incident. I have also never been so glad to have a girlfriend get her period.

    Anytime you're worried about it being late just punch your SO in the stomach while shes not paying attention.

    Falcon Punch!

    Basically I usually just say to my wife "Baby Punch," and then hit her right in the ovaries.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie

    At the risk of making myself sound weirder still, I've always heard this referred to as "soggy biscuit".

    Seems reasonable.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Cesca says she ain't wearing no saddle.

    Really I just know a few BDSM people. It's like any other pastime in that it has it's own groups and divisions.

    Are they particularly possessive of the terms they identify with? I mean, do they bicker with each other about who is "really" a sub and who is just a poser, and other BS semantic arguments about labels and stuff?

    I'm just curious because most people who talk about their BDSM friends usually speak as though they're a pretty laid-back bunch. The only people I've known who were into that sort of thing were ten different kinds of fucked-in-the-head.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie

    over here that's called soggy biscuit

    Tav on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I'm afraid of clowns.

    Especially clowns on their periods.

    It's the devil's Rorschach test, I tell you what.

    Uh, dat dang-ol' scary, man...

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

    I had a single condom breaking incident. I have also never been so glad to have a girlfriend get her period.

    Anytime you're worried about it being late just punch your SO in the stomach while shes not paying attention.

    Falcon Punch!

    Somebody hold Gim down.

    I got him Teen Pregnant.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Fuck fuck fuck

    thinking about grad school gets me so depressed

    why?

    Because all the departments that I want go to are pluralistic (a combination of history, analytic, and continental) and they have ridiculously low numbers. For instance, at Fordham 240 applicants were fighting for 7 spots. My GPA just isn't good enough -- I have around a 3.4, I should probably have 3.7. I guess I just need to fuck the GRE in the asshole and bang my Heidegger prof to get a kick ass recommendation.

    But seriously, I've never had anxiety about anything before. Every time I think about it, it's like each of my skin cells is getting a wedgie.

    oh, so you're concerned you won't get in to grad school

    yeah that's a valid concern

    i never had that worry because i just did a lazy man's MA at the same school, mostly for the easy money and the fun of it without needing to dedicate myself to an academic career

    there is always a grad school you can get into that will offer what you want to some degree, though. always. and if you don't get what you want, you can do an MA somewhere decent and use that to get into a PhD after you publish some stuff, go to conferences, get some really good reference letters, etc.

    I'm thinking about doing that. Honestly, it's just depressing all around.

    Doing your MA in humanities is one of the most awesome experiences, especially if you're doing lots of course work

    Interesting stuff all around, great seminar classes with motivated, interesting people, more connection with profs, freedom to do what you want, and the most interesting readings you'll get assigned.

    Your MA thesis, if you do one, is not that long and thus the pressure is far less than a PhD, and you can just learn a fantastic amount about what you're interested in while socializing with your academic community - and if you get a decent scholarship, you can do it all without having to work at the same time!

    God those were good times.

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »

    *standing ovation*

    That man should win every award for everything multiple times.

    Gim on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    That last line is the the most horrifying/greatest

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Cesca says she ain't wearing no saddle.

    Really I just know a few BDSM people. It's like any other pastime in that it has it's own groups and divisions.

    Are they particularly possessive of the terms they identify with? I mean, do they bicker with each other about who is "really" a sub and who is just a poser, and other BS semantic arguments about labels and stuff?

    I'm just curious because most people who talk about their BDSM friends usually speak as though they're a pretty laid-back bunch. The only people I've known who were into that sort of thing were ten different kinds of fucked-in-the-head.

    There are apparently very earnest people who are disparagingly referred to as being into "twoo" BDSM. They're the people who take it all very seriously and probably wear leather trenchcoats and call themselves "Raven".

    japan on
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I'm afraid of clowns.

    Especially clowns on their periods.

    It's the devil's Rorschach test, I tell you what.

    Uh, dat dang-ol' scary, man...

    Narrow urethra.
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Somebody hold Gim down.

    I got him Teen Pregnant.

    NARROW URETHRA! BWAAAAUUUGH!

    Gim on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Doing your MA in humanities is one of the most awesome experiences, especially if you're doing lots of course work

    I'll probably do strictly philosophy, because when I was an English major I just wanted to talk about the philosophy behind the stuff.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    That last line is the the most horrifying/greatest

    Let he who has not given a coat hanger as a baby shower gift cast the first stone.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stephen Lynch is amazing in every way.

    Tav on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie
    At the risk of making myself sound weirder still, I've always heard this referred to as "soggy biscuit".
    Also ‘limp biscuit’.

    In case you ever wondered how the band came up with such a dumb name.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie
    At the risk of making myself sound weirder still, I've always heard this referred to as "soggy biscuit".
    Also ‘limp biscuit’.

    In case you ever wondered how the band came up with such a dumb name.

    Also, "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water" is a fucking awful album title.

    Tav on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    That last line is the the most horrifying/greatest

    Let he who has not given a coat hanger as a baby shower gift cast the first stone.

    People do that?

    Sarksus on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited April 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its links like this that prove to me urban dictionary is just making shit up.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ookie+cookie
    At the risk of making myself sound weirder still, I've always heard this referred to as "soggy biscuit".
    Also ‘limp biscuit’.

    In case you ever wondered how the band came up with such a dumb name.

    Well it does provide context for that lyric about the cookie...

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Let he who has not given a coat hanger as a baby shower gift cast the first stone.

    You know, that term has a whole new meaning now...

    Gim on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Org you are a good Jew.

    Oh why do you say

    Your ready acceptance of your western overlords.

    Not conspiring against them like a certain uppity bastard.

    I mean I like to think that I have a somewhat healthy skepticism of the world around me- corporate influence, governmental agencies, etc. At the same time, though... I think a lot of perceptions are skewed.

    No I like your attitude concerning military and police.

    But having grown up under one's influence I tend to think that metro cops are invariably dicks. So are a whole lot of military guys. But being a dick and being a good guy are not mutually exclusive.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    knowing how wire hangers were used in abortions should be enough damn reason to keep abortions legal

    because jesus h mcfuck they are horrible

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think I’ve had this conversation here before, about three years ago.

    Edit: The limp biscuit one.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Doing your MA in humanities is one of the most awesome experiences, especially if you're doing lots of course work

    I'll probably do strictly philosophy, because when I was an English major I just wanted to talk about the philosophy behind the stuff.

    i would count philosophy as a humanities subject area

    regardless, your courses would be a joy to attend, i assure you.

    one of my friends is a philosophy guy (focusing on ethics re: corporations) and his exams are fucking fantastic

    one consisted entirely of an epistemological riddle, against which you had to test a model of knowledge that you synthesized from various readings

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    That last line is the the most horrifying/greatest

    Let he who has not given a coat hanger as a baby shower gift cast the first stone.

    People do that?

    All I know is the first of my friends who gets preggers is getting one all wrapped up

    To hang up all the baby clothes she's gonna get, of course!

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    knowing how wire hangers were used in abortions should be enough damn reason to keep abortions legal

    because jesus h mcfuck they are horrible

    Yeah there was an article by a nurse who remembered the days of illegal abortions, it was absolutely terrifying.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Doing your MA in humanities is one of the most awesome experiences, especially if you're doing lots of course work

    I'll probably do strictly philosophy, because when I was an English major I just wanted to talk about the philosophy behind the stuff.

    i would count philosophy as a humanities subject area

    regardless, your courses would be a joy to attend, i assure you.

    one of my friends is a philosophy guy (focusing on ethics re: corporations) and his exams are fucking fantastic

    one consisted entirely of an epistemological riddle, against which you had to test a model of knowledge that you synthesized from various readings

    hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    That last line is the the most horrifying/greatest

    Let he who has not given a coat hanger as a baby shower gift cast the first stone.

    People do that?

    All I know is the first of my friends who gets preggers is getting one all wrapped up

    To hang up all the baby clothes she's gonna get, of course!

    Maybe get some of those nice pastel colored ones made of plastic...

    Sarksus on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    I think I’ve had this conversation here before, about three years ago.

    Edit: The limp biscuit one.

    We're all on hiatus. What you're reading is the forum software replaying "classic PA".

    japan on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Speaking of ethics in a corporate setting, I'm curious to know what most philosophy majors do with their degrees. The only two options I know of are teaching and ethics.

    Sarksus on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwEqhyR9yM

    not related, but fantastic

    Tav on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Doing your MA in humanities is one of the most awesome experiences, especially if you're doing lots of course work

    I'll probably do strictly philosophy, because when I was an English major I just wanted to talk about the philosophy behind the stuff.

    i would count philosophy as a humanities subject area

    regardless, your courses would be a joy to attend, i assure you.

    one of my friends is a philosophy guy (focusing on ethics re: corporations) and his exams are fucking fantastic

    one consisted entirely of an epistemological riddle, against which you had to test a model of knowledge that you synthesized from various readings

    hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    it's a decent backup plan, if you don't get the school at the top of your list.

    as far as i know, in Canada, everyone has to do an MA before they can do a PhD, unless they do a combined program (which is becoming very popular)

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the hell. Sugar chemistry and nomenclature is like Eldritch Priest of Cthulu levels of maddening. Merely gazing upon the 16 isomers of hexoses is just like WHAT.
    022.GIF

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
This discussion has been closed.