As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] The Path: Voting ending soon... get them in!

13»

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The OP title is amazingly awesomely appropriate for this game "...get them in!"

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I feel kind of dirty for just reading this thread :/

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This has the potential to be hilarious.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the people who made this game should be feeling dirty. But I think they have realised by now that the dirt wont come off!

joshua1 on
  • Options
    DewarDewar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Looking forward to this. I'm vaguely interested in some of the parts of the game, but wasn't sure I felt comfortable paying a company cash for this... experience.

Dewar on
    PAsig.jpg
    ^This is like the ball pit at Chuck E Cheese's^
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dewar wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. I'm vaguely interested in some of the parts of the game, but wasn't sure I felt comfortable paying a company cash for this... experience.

I wouldn't want that shit on my credit card. You'd go to a job interview with the FBI years later and they'd have a file titled "rape games purchased" just waiting.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This didn't die before it could even begin, did it?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nope. I'm continually procrastinating getting the first one up. I'm insanely busy with my final semester ending, but it's coming. Expect a glorious rebirth when Carmen gets fucked up.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Nope. I'm continually procrastinating getting the first one up. I'm insanely busy with my final semester ending, but it's coming. Expect a glorious rebirth when Carmen gets fucked.

:winky:

I feel so dirty.

joshua1 on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bump because the other Path thread got knocked up (against its will in a forest by a wolf) and this one deserves no less.

Or is this game really that slow-paced? :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, we need your LP Figgy.

WE NEED IT

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    When I saw the main Path thread crop up on the front page, it reminded me that the LP had never happened, and I'd wondered about it.

Now here it is, the LP on the first page because apparently, someone else wondered too! :D

I guess Figgy's either too busy, or else playing this game melted his mind.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man, school's almost over for me. If Figgy doesn't do this then I'm going to.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What's up with the LP of this? I was curious about this game ever since reading the other thread. I mean, I know little girls get "raped".. But.. I'm still curious.. :(

remlap13 on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    What's up with the LP of this? I was curious about this game ever since reading the other thread. I mean, I know little girls get "raped".. But.. I'm still curious.. :(

You are a bad man.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Figgy mentioned in the main Path thread that he was trying to make the LP of this, but wasn't sure how to edit it to make it at all interesting. Hopefully with some sage advice from other veteran LPers and a bit of Yakkety Sax, he'll be able to put something entertaining together that will keep the viewer engaged through the long treks of nothing that sit between the little girl and rape.

Basically, the main problem with this game is that it isn't a game... it's a gothy, foresty 3D lobby that the player navigates through to get to the next non-interactive wolf rape cutscene.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Again, I think Mighty Boosh said it best:
    It's not a game, it's a sequence of events. A sequence of events culminating in a rape.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here.

Figgy, if you want to LP this you'll absolutely have to edit stuff out, or alternately speed up the footage through the boring bits. I would have had wayyyyy too many videos in my IWBTG LP if I'd kept everything raw, and they all would have been of me going through the same things over and over again until I died at the same spot. Use Windows Movie Maker, it's pretty decent.

And hey, if you don't feel comfortable or don't have time for editing stuff I don't mind helping out. You could always email me the raw footage and I'll whittle it down for you.

Good luck, my man.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I endorse you taking the game on if Figgy doesn't, josh. (I don't think you'll have much reason to curse up a storm, though.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    This might not be frustrating in the same way as IWBTG, but it sure looks frustrating regardless.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    frustration=hilarity.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    frustration=hilarity.

Pretty much. The best LP's are a lot like Chevy Chase taking a pratfall at the beginning of SNL -- people hurting themselves is funny.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys, I just got this game working after nearly a year of ignoring the fact that it's installed on my hard drive. Apparently it likes Windows 7 better than Vista.

Now I just need a headset mic. I barely played the start of the game just to make sure it wouldn't crap out again and I can say without a doubt it is fucking terrible. I'll elaborate more on this if I can get things started.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So sorry for the psuedo necro, but uh, I really want to see this Let's Play.
    Any word, josh or Figgy, of when we might get it?

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, haha. Well I've actually been specifically asked not to do this. Anyway, Super Meat Boy is definitely coming before anything else right now.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate Steam for including this game in a bundle I was otherwise interested in.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't know if that news makes me happy or sad (the Path Let's Play thing, of course; not the SMB LP).

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was also waiting for this.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The consensus seemed to be "you can't make this anything but horrible, don't do it"

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Screenshot format. Text commentary. A video of this...yeah, no.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You should do it because it can't be anything but horrible.

The interest does not lie in this game being good sir! It has to do with cloud monsters raping little girls and grandma being a twisted senile old bitch.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A video sped up 2 or 3x with commentary, slowing down for the important parts would be great, I think.
    Alternatively, you could play 10 minutes legit, swear a ton like you do in your other LPs, and then speed the the fuck through to the important stuff.

L Ron Howard on