As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ha! Found my booty!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ha! Found my booty!

Oh baby...

Azazel on
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ha! Found my booty!

It's RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ...I know it's big, but sheesh! Do ya'll have to tell EVERYONE?!?

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    ScrewLooseScrewLoose Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like fun, both my girlfriend and I are uber interested. Time to practice our victem stalking.

ScrewLoose on
  • Options
    MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ah-hem I am NOT your Girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...jerk...

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
  • Options
    ScrewLooseScrewLoose Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    Correction my Fiance who is the most wonderful in the world for making PAX our honeymoon.

ScrewLoose on
  • Options
    iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ScrewLoose wrote: »
    Correction my Fiance who is the most wonderful in the world for making PAX our honeymoon.

PAX Honeymoon == WIN

you're both awesome for that alone! I shall pay you both my deepest respect during the event.

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ScrewLoose wrote: »

...I should hint The Boyfriend about that...

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mushrooms wrote: »

...jerk...

I just have to interject my feeling on significant other terminology for a moment. Mars can attest to my feeling on this.

Calling your wife or fiancé "girlfriend" is a compliment.

"Girlfriend" brings up mental images of someone young, vibrant, fun, new, and exciting, sexy, with the risk that without a little effort you could lose them.

Wife brings up images of ball and chain, nagging, burden, stress, hall sex, and being tied to for life for worse or worser, especially worse.

So, next time the "girlfriend" term slips don't take it so hard. It should be considered a complement, he still thinks you’re young and sexy and worth a little effort to keep around.

*ducks fryingpan*

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm totally in again. Last year I spent more time running from people who knew my card then finding people myself. I'm such a coward. It was fun all the same.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    I'm totally in again. Last year I spent more time running from people who knew my card then finding people myself. I'm such a coward. It was fun all the same.

NOT IN THE FACE!!

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

NOT IN THE FACE!!

Pretty much. People kept telling me who was looking for my card (beware of snitchers), and then I would get request from people to go hang out somewhere "convienently" around said assassins.

redhalo on
  • Options
    MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

...jerk...

I just have to interject my feeling on significant other terminology for a moment. Mars can attest to my feeling on this.

Calling your wife or fiancé "girlfriend" is a compliment.

"Girlfriend" brings up mental images of someone young, vibrant, fun, new, and exciting, sexy, with the risk that without a little effort you could lose them.

Wife brings up images of ball and chain, nagging, burden, stress, hall sex, and being tied to for life for worse or worser, especially worse.

So, next time the "girlfriend" term slips don't take it so hard. It should be considered a complement, he still thinks you’re young and sexy and worth a little effort to keep around.

*ducks fryingpan*

I never thought of it that way LOL, you make a good point.
    and don't worry I would never attack with a frying pan, I prefer attacking with a score of BUBBLES!! oh, and kittens, gotta fear the kittens.

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh, and kittens, gotta fear the kittens.

LOL

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love assassins!!! We usually play it with spoons....and you spoon your target to win... It's weird, but awesome! I am totally up for this!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tehnakki wrote: »
    I love assassins!!! We usually play it with spoons....and you spoon your target to win... It's weird, but awesome! I am totally up for this!

I usually play Assassin's with guns and knives but less and less people return each year to keep playing...

Azazel on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm in. But what to give as booty...

Attacking is easy, thanks to Eli (@JuicyJones) I have the perfect weapon.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Not that type of asssassin.o_O

LOL No spooning. Unless you know the person really well.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

How does that work? o_O

redhalo on
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm game for this. I'll be taking tips from such famous British espionage types as Austin Powers and Johnny English.

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Im in. missed it last year since I found it to late. Time to play splinter cell again.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

How does that work? o_O

I played in college where everyone has a different weapon and a target. If you catch your target and show them your weapon, they die. But if you show them your weapon and they have their weapon with them, then the potential assassin dies. What this meant was having a fork duct taped to your arm for days so that even when showering you had it with you. But even then people were killed. One guy died in his sleep due to a crafty assassin sneaking in, removing the weapon, and then waking him up to announce that he was dead.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »

How does that work? o_O

I played in college where everyone has a different weapon and a target. If you catch your target and show them your weapon, they die. But if you show them your weapon and they have their weapon with them, then the potential assassin dies. What this meant was having a fork duct taped to your arm for days so that even when showering you had it with you. But even then people were killed. One guy died in his sleep due to a crafty assassin sneaking in, removing the weapon, and then waking him up to announce that he was dead.

Like what Maochan said! Though we all have a spoon as our weapon, and if you find your target sleeping outside of their room you're totally allowed to physically spoon them to kill them.

tehnakki on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Like what Maochan said! Though we all have a spoon as our weapon, and if you find your target sleeping outside of their room you're totally allowed to physically spoon them to kill them.

You mean like cuddle up next to them back to front. Or, like, poke them with a spoon?

I'm getting lost in word usage like when the news said the Obamas were a great couple because they kissed, and fisted each other in public.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You mean like cuddle up next to them back to front. Or, like, poke them with a spoon?

I'm getting lost in word usage like when the news said the Obamas were a great couple because they kissed, and fisted each other in public.
    That is just too freaking funny!!! It sooo made my Tuesday...

Rayman on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Cuddling or stabbing, both are acceptable. Though the cuddleing is often times more entertaining for the surrounding peoples.

tehnakki on

• Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Not that type of asssassin.o_O

LOL No spooning. Unless you know the person really well.

How else will you give them your booty?

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ahahaha.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    sum10fishy and I were chatting this week about Assassins. He was wondering if it would be possible to add a spy/informant element to the game, possibly with social network sites like twitter, where players could track down or call out other players targets for some points.

What do you guys think about that and how would you like it to work?

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That would be interesting. and I would love to be a spy and rat people out... now I just need a phone that can get twitter.

EDIT: Also you should get bonus points for killing a spy if you find one.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    sum10fishy and I were chatting this week about Assassins. He was wondering if it would be possible to add a spy/informant element to the game, possibly with social network sites like twitter, where players could track down or call out other players targets for some points.

I really enjoyed the "stealth" aspect of the second tier kills of last year. A lot of people were working as teams last year which made for some really awesome setups like baiting targets. This would give you a chance to get points for being such sneaky bastards and help out people who can't find their target.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Honestly, keeping the game off the computer and the telephone would be wonderful as I would definitely be left behind. I don't have access to a computer and last year because of pax, my phone bill was $160.

Sumi on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    I strongly recommend everybody who has a friends and family/my circle type plan apply for a Google Voice invite. Then add it to your circle list and give all PAX people your GV number and forward that number to your cell. All your incoming calls will be from that number. Then you either have to dial from the website (regular or mobile version), an app, or program your contacts with a dial-out sequence. This pushes all of your outcalls through that number as well. Viola, you have free calls, and voice mail transcription texted to your phone (so you don't waste time listening to a bunch of voicemails. Damn, I didn't mean to rant all like this, but I remember the PAX phone bill horror stories from last year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    nono, this information is very much appreciated.

I have free incoming calls, but I doubt that counts in the states.

Sumi on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I strongly recommend everybody who has a friends and family/my circle type plan apply for a Google Voice invite. Then add it to your circle list and give all PAX people your GV number and forward that number to your cell. All your incoming calls will be from that number. Then you either have to dial from the website (regular or mobile version), an app, or program your contacts with a dial-out sequence. This pushes all of your outcalls through that number as well. Viola, you have free calls, and voice mail transcription texted to your phone (so you don't waste time listening to a bunch of voicemails. Damn, I didn't mean to rant all like this, but I remember the PAX phone bill horror stories from last year.

Don't want to sound like a sycophant but this is a good idea because after the surprise buttsecks that SXSW did on Twitter and PAX getting larger every year and also Bumbershoot happening too, I have a feeling Twitter will be super failwhale the whole time.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's a great idea! I'll be checking out Google Voice to see if they have an API to hook into. It sounds like that would be a better option for people than twitter.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just a thought. What if assassins could "spend" score points to "hire" informants to work for them. Some people play as assassins and some people play as informants. Informants get score by finding targets and directing assassins to them, assassins get points by finding and eliminating. Or something like that. Stir any thoughts?

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I dunno, you really don't want to make this kind of thing too complicated. Once you start throwing in informants, and spending of points, etc. things go chaotic pretty fast.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yes, with 50k people, simplicity is the best way to go. Chaos is a relative term.

Sumi on
This discussion has been closed.