As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• stankerbellstankerbell Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Me +1 for ....... HUFFLEPUFF...!!

stankerbell on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    I will be bringing a Dark Mark stamp for all of the aspiring Death Eaters.
    Dark_Mark.jpg

Hell yes! Was already thinking of doing the death eater thing for dressing up. Now I really may have too...

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    slacktron wrote: »
    What, no Beauxbatons or Durmstrangs?

So as I related in a previous post, I pissed off the Sorting Hat so badly that it put me in !Slytherin.

I guess I'd better represent since my avatar is already wearing green.

Funny thing about Slytherin. The house seems to be made up of Masterminds and Henchmen. Personally speaking, I fit the mold of Henchman. So don't make me a Prefect or anything, all right?

Now, to pick up a house tie and some Cheat to Win bands.

Don't worry, you will be taken care of. We have plenty of [strike]evil[/strike] ambitious plans in the works.

PeasantDave on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    I think the term "puff" is very detrimental to morale.

I plan on calling them 'poofs' throughout the course of the night.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll go with Hufflepuff, they seem kind of lonely.

Also for PAX East, keep in mind Boston is cold in March. Care Bears might be a more weather appropriate theme.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dark_Mark.jpg

Yes please! I'm not exactly going to be dressing like the outfits portrayed in the books, or the movies.. so an evil, aspiring Death Eater sounds right up the alley for what I'll be wearing. <3

MeeOk on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Randomfool wrote: »
    I'll go with Hufflepuff, they seem kind of lonely.

Also for PAX East, keep in mind Boston is cold in March. Care Bears might be a more weather appropriate theme.

That doesn't stop the St. Patty's Day pubcrawls. I question your dedication to the cause.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I hope somebody challenges you to that just for suggesting it, because that's just mean.

Shall I bring the rubber band?

Bring it you shall and together as Slytherian Mormons we shall reap the rewards and pain.

MaoChan on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dark_Mark.jpg

That. Is. Awesome.

I think you need to create a foul shot to go with it that earns you your Dark Mark.

(Can Ravenclaws be *secretly* evil?)

chaosisorder on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is not the world's most heinous drink summoned by saying the words "cheap" and "tequila" in rapid succession?

I dare say it not, lest one appear before me.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Dark_Mark.jpg

That. Is. Awesome.

I think you need to create a foul shot to go with it that earns you your Dark Mark.

(Can Ravenclaws be *secretly* evil?)

I'm pretty sure that Barty Crouch Jr. was a Ravenclaw (not canon, just an assumption), so yes you can be evil. As for the shot, I think it would be more advantageous to have people buy me shots in order to get their Dark Mark :P

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    slacktron wrote: »
    Is not the world's most heinous drink summoned by saying the words "cheap" and "tequila" in rapid succession?

I dare say it not, lest one appear before me.

I dunno.. cheap tequila never seemed that bad.. course.. I was much much younger back when I would drink it..

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You can put me down for !Gryffindor

I would love to be a Head Boy, but I don't think I can commit to the obligations involved, as I my attendance may be questionable with Enforcer duties.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Put me down for !Slytherin. Woo, team evil.

I have an undetermined number of plusses at this point -- what will happen if people just decide to show up day of (as slackers are wont to do?)

P.S. Accalon, I'm calling you out already for the duel! You do-gooding so and so. :)

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Actually can Recruit and I defect anyways? He did my Ravenclaw last year and now he wants me to do Slytherin with him this year :D

Hell yeah, we got BA! ..and Recruit. I'd be more excited about that, but I don't know him, really. >_>

..hmm, I'm going to have to .. *cough cough* research some really vile drinks..

In light of PAX, may I suggest Cowboy Killers?

So I googled that, and while it doesn't sound.. tasty, I may have found something different than what you're thinking of? :S

MeeOk on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Gryffindor, officially. (Firefox spellcheck comes up with Griffin, Rangefinder, or Mindoro for spellings for Gryffindor)

I'd be down for a cowboy killer, but probably not during the pubcrawl. At some point after PAX, hopefully. Roughly 5 months to plan vicious shots.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mrs. Spoony and I plan to aid !Slytherin in world domination. If no world domination is happening that night, then we will settle for lots of drinking.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A Cowboy Killer is bad a Cement Mixer is worse. Are there "shots" that can be outlawed?

Norm99 on
    edited April 2009
    Norm99 wrote: »
    A Cowboy Killer is bad a Cement Mixer is worse. Are there "shots" that can be outlawed?

Oh god, cement mixers. They were the 21st birthday ritual amongst my friends. Most bars won't make them.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    For the wizard duel, each person has to pick a shot for the other person, right? With all of the awful shots being suggested I might need to switch to Slytherin just to avoid drinking those vile concoctions.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks to Slytherin's unsporting behavior I will now be starting a list of Forbidden Curses. Cowboy Killer and Cement Mixers are at the top of that list.

Also, 10 points from Slytherin.

Atlus Parker on
    edited April 2009
    Thanks to Slytherin's unsporting behavior I will not be starting a list of Forbidden Curses. Cowboy Killer and Cement Mixers are at the top of that list.

Also, 10 points from Slytherin.

Causing suffering for all is the Slytherin way.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited April 2009
    It figures that our potions would be too much for the weaker houses to bear. I think I'll be extending the 'poof' moniker beyond those of Hufflepuff if this keeps up.

The cowboy killer sounds like something I would drink voluntarily. Poofs.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It figures that our potions would be too much for the weaker houses to bear. I think I'll be extending the 'poof' moniker beyond those of Hufflepuff if this keeps up.

The cowboy killer sounds like something I would drink voluntarily. Poofs.

Of such restrictions are put in to place to protect the students from each other. Heads of house, however, would be free to cast them against other heads to demonstrate proper defensive technique.

Atlus Parker on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The difference between Slytherin and Ravenclaw: we keep our spells to ourselves.

Until they're required...

AltDelete on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm willing to take up the position of Head Girl for Ravenclaw if no one else wants it. And then I'll do my best not to get too drunk :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    .. remind me not to mess with you.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmm, those sound pretty bad (definitely wouldn't do a Bloody Tampon), but I might have one or two worse.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited April 2009
    DStalefish wrote: »

See, now those are some actually scary drinks.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OK! Please give me a +3! HUFFLEPUFF REPRESENT!

Also, if no one else volunteers, I would be happy to move from head girl to head of house.

...because then I can cast the unforgivable curses on the the other heads of house....for learning purposes.

eye-shuh on
  • CgkyleCgkyle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sign me up+4 for !Gryffindor Also sign up Daedaleus

Cgkyle on
  • DaedaleusDaedaleus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cgkyle wrote: »
    Sign me up+4 for !Gryffindor Also sign up Daedaleus

Hello, I am Daedaleus and I endorse this message.

Daedaleus on
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd be happy to be Head of House if no one else wants it. Up Hufflepuff!

And you will all fear the name of Hufflepuff after the duels. I know some foul potions and will not hesitate to use them in defense of my House's honour! You will rue the day you mocked us!

EDIT: oh eye_shuh, just saw your post. If you want Head of House I'd be happy with Head girl

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    OK! Please give me a +3! HUFFLEPUFF REPRESENT!

Also, if no one else volunteers, I would be happy to move from head girl to head of house.

...because then I can cast the unforgivable curses on the the other heads of house....for learning purposes.

It's ON eye-shuh, IT'S ON. :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh, because I tend to not drink much and should be able to be responsible, if you need someone to be head boy for Ravenclaw I can.

Course.. back in the day whenever given leadership of a party I would lead them straight to the nearest Dragon and watch them die.. I sorta miss playing MUDs.

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    make my +1 a +3! ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh no!!! She is leveling up!!!

Azazel on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lol. Me too for the +3s. (Eric, Healthpack and another +1)

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DStalefish wrote: »

Tame, except if you forced them to drink it through the napkin. Though I would imagine the napkin would disintegrate pretty quickly. As a whole, that entire list was "meh."

I know that any shot dealing with fire is illegal in Seattle. Last year a friend was trying to get all of us to do "Flaming Lamborghinis" but the bartenders at Shorty's and the Tap House both told us emphatically no and it was illegal in the city.

The reason Green Chartreuse is that sickly green is that there is actual plant chlorophyll, as well as 130 various other herbs. A particular shot I know uses that stuff, I pity the person that I use that on. My other planned shot is way worse though. It also burns.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
This discussion has been closed.