As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New forum: Graphic Violence

13»

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    denihilist wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    I love how people always bitch about digging through a thread to find where they left off.

It's like they don't even know about the "go to first unread post in this thread" button beside every unread thread.

I was going to say the same thing but decided to let them stew in their own misfortune.

See that's why your an angry little man. Lauching at people is no fun if they don't know that you're laughing at them.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    poop onepoop one Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:
    denihilist wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    I love how people always bitch about digging through a thread to find where they left off.

It's like they don't even know about the "go to first unread post in this thread" button beside every unread thread.

I was going to say the same thing but decided to let them stew in their own misfortune.

See that's why your an angry little man. Lauching at people is no fun if they don't know that you're laughing at them.

im laughing at you, cause i caught your typo ;P

oh, and because C ang G arent even particularly close together. :wink:

poop one on
    calvin.gif
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    poop one wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    denihilist wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

im laughing at you, cause i caught your typo ;P

oh, and because C ang G arent even particularly close together. :wink:

Everyone knows I don't care about care about typos when I'm sober, why would I care now?

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    ToastToast Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    jeepguy wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

I still can't find it, and I certainly wasn't aware of the existence of this button previously.

-edit-

Nevermind, it's the tiny little arrow. There's no reason anyone would assume that little bit was clickable, let alone that it was the "go to newest unread post button" unless they chanced to hover over it.

Except for the fact that every half-decent piece of forum software has a similar button in exactly the same place, of course.

But yeah, (ALPHA YOU READING THIS, MR "I'M WRITING MY OWN FORUM SOFTWARE"?) a "don't mark all posts read for this session" button would be godlike.

Toast on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    denihilist wrote:
    Xieflow wrote:
    denihilist wrote:
    It sucks for casual conversation.

that's because SE is for casual conversation.

But no one wants to go to SE++. The mods make up rules on the spot, and SE++ has got a very non-new person friendly attitude.

The mods don't make up the rules on the spot. If they do, they are joking around with someone that they know can take it.

The non-new person thing isn't as bad as you think. It's a stereotype like G&T people being uber-dorks. Believing in the stereotype perpetuates it. It also allows you to have a comfortable experience rather than a challenging one. What I mean is, say you create a thread in SE and someone flames you. You take that as proof of your idea when actually they were just joking with you and greeting you in that special SE way.

SE is a matter of perception.

I forget what thread it was but I loved that discussion about the "community" of the forums. Jordyn said she would like to write a paper about forum interaction and the like, I believe. It is all perception. Someone calls you a fag, don't fly off the handle and try to best them in a flamefest. Hit on them. Post a completely irrelevent, funny picture. Anything but act as an asshole.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, it does help to participate in the regular circlejerks ohgoditskillingmenukethemall

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ElQuackElQuack Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Judgeing by this thread, one would assume that SE++ isnt so bad, but the PA mods are all assholes. :twisted:

Just kidding.... :P
    not

ElQuack on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, it does help to participate in the regular circlejerks ohgoditskillingmenukethemall

Why should we nuke the mall?

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:

why even ask, that's a really good idea.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:

Well because a girl is telling us to and the good book says we tain't be trustin' the women folk, for they be tricksy whores.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:

Not my precious mall... :(

:cry:

GiantRobo on