As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D20 Modern - Strap On Your Tactical Vest

nagilfarswakenagilfarswake Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Critical Failures
So I just picked up the D20 Modern book the other day, and have started up a campaign. My players are currently working for the police in a fictional former-soviet republic as a special hostage negotiator team, but I've got plans to slowly open up the campaign to include world-wide hijinks as the players level up. This is the second D20 modern campaign I've run, and I am so far quite enjoying it. I tend to play rules-heavy, and the D20 system is far better than any other I've tried when it comes to rules intensive play.

What have your experiences with the system been like? Any cool campaign stories? Ongoing campaigns?

Down the slopes of death he rides; the eight hooves pound like drums.

eve: Cain Blueriver
nagilfarswake on

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've just started up a spy campaign, Metal Gear style, using d20 Modern. It's going pretty well, so far.

The 'hands-on' spy methodically drew out and snapped the neck of every single guard in the first area. D:

Also, one tip, just try to remember Action Points...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MrDeadManMrDeadMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Our group has always had the d20 Modern book in our collection, but we've never really gotten into it before. Recently though we aquired World's Largest Dungeon, which has kinda made me itch to write a Modern version of it, World's Largest Corporation or something to that effect.
    I was playing FFVII on my PSP, doing the tower assault, waiting for everyone else to level their WLD character when the idea came.

MrDeadMan on
  • Options
    nagilfarswakenagilfarswake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MrDeadMan wrote: »
    Our group has always had the d20 Modern book in our collection, but we've never really gotten into it before. Recently though we aquired World's Largest Dungeon, which has kinda made me itch to write a Modern version of it, World's Largest Corporation or something to that effect.

instead of a corporation, an entire city would be pretty fuckin' sweet. I've not read Mote Cook's Ptolus, but I get the feeling it is about the scope you're talking about, though it is for DnD.

nagilfarswake on
    Down the slopes of death he rides; the eight hooves pound like drums.

eve: Cain Blueriver
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MrDeadMan wrote: »
    I was playing FFVII on my PSP, doing the tower assault, waiting for everyone else to level their WLD character when the idea came.

I'd like to go through a DnD module with d20 modern characters, or vice versa.

piL on