As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damn my group is filling up quick

I'm going to put a +2 down because I still need my magellen and a spot in case my friend wants to come along

sumi and posse are bluelighted for my team too

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    2 more Ravenclaw then it's at the soft cap.

tehnakki and eye-shuh when you're done engaging in mortal combat let me know who's what.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo has promised me fame, wealth and power in return for my mercenary services, so I shall be drinking under the colours of the !Slytherin. Besides, no evil team is complete without a grossly stereotyped Villain With An English Accent.

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tehnakki - if you really don't mind, I'd like head of house. Did you have your heart set on it? I figured since I live around here it'd be easy for me to go to the hill and walk the route before hand so we all don't get drunkenly lost.

Damn...our loyalty to friends is making things complicated.

Also! I think I figured out why there are so many Ravenclaws. It's because they don't have anything special, so it's easy to fall into that category! Their attributes would fit to any student whereas the other houses have those same base things but also something harder to have like loyalty, bravery, and cunning.

I'm pretty sure tolerance (whee play on words), daring, and ambition are more useful than being able to make smart ass remarks during a drinking competition.

That's right. I threw down. What are you going to do about it?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I see no one is taking the claim of head boy for Slytherin. If no one objects I would like to fill that role.

redhalo on
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Unless there is a freak school-related apocalypse, sign me up for !Gryffindor, with a possible +1 (or 3). Gosh, my friends are so unorganized.

Also, I would be up for being Head Girl.

And, per the OP, I can bring handcuffs if necessary. Ya know, for those too drunk to walk on their own.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    BigRed is demanding that someone brings him a drink at some point during the crawl. Whoever pukes first should have to do it.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If Amtrak doesn't horribly screw us train people over again then I will join !Slytherin.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Atlus - Tehnakki is awesome and is giving me Head of House. :) Please mark her down as my Head Girl!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I've got +4 for !Slytherin. Heh, damn friends and their non-forum account hold selves.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Slytherin now has 1 spot open and Ravenclaw still has 2. No love for Hufflepuff, it seems.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    BigRed is demanding that someone brings him a drink at some point during the crawl. Whoever pukes first should have to do it.

When I drink I become rather adventurous. Perhaps I will have to give this one a try.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Slytherin now has 1 spot open and Ravenclaw still has 2. No love for Hufflepuff, it seems.

w00t House Slytherin! Pfft Gryffindor and Hufflepoof. I mean, Hufflepuff..

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also, what the heck does bluelighted mean? I've spent long enough googling it.

And I either need to be changed to a +3 or you can just write HealthPack onto the roster.

Sumi on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure tolerance (whee play on words), daring, and ambition are more useful than being able to make smart ass remarks during a drinking competition.

That's right. I threw down. What are you going to do about it?

Congratulations on making my list.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »

w00t House Slytherin! Pfft Gryffindor and Hufflepoof. I mean, Hufflepuff..

Hufflepuff doesn't need your guys' approval. We'll see what happens when the drinks come round fools.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Also, what the heck does bluelighted mean? I've spent long enough googling it.

And I either need to be changed to a +3 or you can just write HealthPack onto the roster.
    To greenlight a project is to give permission or a go ahead to move forward with a project.[1] In the context of the movie and TV businesses, to greenlight something is to formally approve its production finance, thereby allowing the project to move forward from the development phase to pre-production and principal photography.

The term is a reference to the green traffic signal, indicating "go ahead."

The power to greenlight a project is generally reserved to those in a project or financial management role within an organization. The process of taking a project from pitch to greenlight formed the basis of a successful reality TV show titled Project Greenlight.[2] The term has found its way into general business and military culture as a result of its use in the film industry.

except we're ravenclaw so we're blue instead :whistle:

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ah. it all makes so much sense now.

Go Ravenclaw!

Sumi on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I'm torn! I want to sign up with Gryffindor, but I fear what may happen if I'm thrown into a duel with eye-shuh! I cannot harm the lady I'm courting...

Fuck it; you're going down, sister! One more for [strike]House of Cullen[/strike] Gryffindor!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Marshall and I are gonna have to carry Atlus back to the hotel room so uh Gryffindor aka Rangefinder.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My ravenclaw tie and scarf showed up the other day.

My puppies keep getting the scarf and playing tug of war with it though.

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, are spots reserved then? I'm not sure what the counts mean. Is this limited attendance?

Asiina on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Each house has a soft cap at 25 to allow for the other houses to even out in size, and a hard cap of 50 because really, do you expect 200 people for this thing, because that would be amazing.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man I don't know, I haven't been before. I just know that me and some e-friends are staying together and it'd be nice to be able to be in the same house as them.

Asiina on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Each house has a soft cap at 25 to allow for the other houses to even out in size, and a hard cap of 50 because really, do you expect 200 people for this thing, because that would be amazing.

What's the guesstimate of how many people we had at the half-way point last year? It was quite a bit.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Moe: Based on attendance last year I'd be surprised if we didn't hit 200+ this year. We're already at 75.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

What's the guesstimate of how many people we had at the half-way point last year? It was quite a bit.

I ballparked it at around 150 or so once all the dinner people caught up to us. This year the crawl takes place after the dinner so we'll have full attendance for the entire crawl.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damn that is a lot. I just hope the bars take the threat of invasion seriously this time. I felt so bad for that one place that had 1 girl tending bar for everyone.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am saddened that Slytherin isn't going to get to have a run in with Ravenclaw. :(

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Damn that is a lot. I just hope the bars take the threat of invasion seriously this time. I felt so bad for that one place that had 1 girl tending bar for everyone.

Hey I warned them.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Hey I warned them.

LOL, I'm not saying you didn't. I just hope that they realize the threat that is impending on their humble establishments when we all come stomping through their town again.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    I am saddened that Slytherin isn't going to get to have a run in with Ravenclaw. :(

Well, there is no planned run-in, at least. Bwahahaha.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    Man, I'm torn! I want to sign up with Gryffindor, but I fear what may happen if I'm thrown into a duel with eye-shuh! I cannot harm the lady I'm courting...

Fuck it; you're going down, sister! One more for [strike]House of Cullen[/strike] Gryffindor!

PEOPLE TO DESTROY
    1. Metaverse Nomad
    2. AltDelete
    3. MeeOk
    4. HotSake

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    HotSake wrote: »

PEOPLE TO DESTROY
    1. Metaverse Nomad
    2. AltDelete
    3. MeeOk
    4. HotSake

I... what, wait. Why do you wanna destroy me? .. aren't you just buying me a blow job on my Birthday? :winky:

MeeOk on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey, she forgot to get me a blowjob for my birthday too...

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like eye-shuh owes alot of people here blowjobs. TSK TSK!

MaoChan on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Hey I warned them.

Yeah, I talked to one of the bartenders and he gave me a sob story about noone actually believing the warning they got. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PEOPLE TO DESTROY
    1. Metaverse Nomad
    2. AltDelete
    3. MeeOk
    4. HotSake

haha! Hey! Why am I at the top of the list!?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like eye-shuh owes alot of people here blowjobs. TSK TSK!

Well, it's not like it was a formal agreement...

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Meta - Because you said it's on and IT'S SO ON. Also, because I <3 you. They say it's a thin line.

re: Blow Jobs - Yeah I do! I'll try to take care of those!

eye-shuh on
This discussion has been closed.