As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Flying to PAX

13»

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    Right now WestJet and AirCanada keep having "sales" but they are staying the same price for Vancouver at around $215 each way. I'm sure I can do better than that.

God, right now with WestJet it'd cost over 3x as much to fly to Vancouver than it would to Cancun.

Subscribe to their JetMail if you haven't already. Your best is probably going to be when they have a 50% off sale. The cheapest return flight from Vancouver to Toronto I was able to get was $440 after everything. Today they have a one day sale which would make that trip $330, but only if I select flights on Tues-Thurs.

Also, I'm not sure if it applies to seat sales, but apparently if you buy a ticket and later down the line find that the same flight is selling for less, you're entitled to that difference back. It's some FAA regulation I think so it might also be in the US only and I'm just spouting bullshit!

bombardier on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm subscribed. There's still plenty of time to book tickets. I still need to figure out what time I should be heading back. The prices don't seem to be changing too much right now, so I'm not worried about finding a sale.

Asiina on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Also another thing is that I've found the sweet spot for flight prices to be 2-3 months prior to the departure date, so yeah don't worry about it for a while.

bombardier on
  • Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Also just purchased my 3-day tix and am coming from NYC, so this thread is very relevant to me. *snip*

I will probably be leaving Newark (Continental) 8:00 AM on Thursday to arrive in time for all of the festivities. My crew is planning on coming back on Monday but it looks like the round trip for Tuesday is also $298. Non-stop for the win!

Waiting on official hotel information though...

How early do these early festivities start? Because IIRC, that 8 am would get you into SEA before noon and... sonuvabitch... on Continental.com that price is now $438?!?

Trisha Lynn
    ...grits her teeth and will wait...

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Also just purchased my 3-day tix and am coming from NYC, so this thread is very relevant to me. *snip*

I will probably be leaving Newark (Continental) 8:00 AM on Thursday to arrive in time for all of the festivities. My crew is planning on coming back on Monday but it looks like the round trip for Tuesday is also $298. Non-stop for the win!

Waiting on official hotel information though...

How early do these early festivities start? Because IIRC, that 8 am would get you into SEA before noon and... sonuvabitch... on Continental.com that price is now $438?!?

Trisha Lynn
    ...grits her teeth and will wait...

Things don't actually start until the evening, but I like to get settled a little after traveling for 8 hours.

And... wow... I guess I should have gotten those tickets. That was only a freaking week ago!

PeasantDave on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    You could always drive.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    You could always drive.

One day, unfortunately time is money!

PeasantDave on
  • Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    You could always drive.

Yeaaaaahh... some of us have jobs and other things we need to spend vacation days on. Besides, while I would love to do one of the CCSTs someday, it doesn't make sense for me to take that trip if I'm not bringing a rig and don't have a car.

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to post this in the International thread as well, but if your flight involves a meal, I have a hot tip for you that my single-serving friend from last year gave to me.

When given the option when booking your flight, specify that you want Kosher food.

Why? You get actual food. You may have to wait a little longer for them to prepare it properly, but you'll get an actual "Jew meal", as the attendant called it last year.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    You may have to wait a little longer for them to prepare it properly, but you'll get an actual "Jew meal", as the attendant called it last year.

LOL XD

"Jew meal"

I'm going to hell. :(

sum10fishy on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Southwest has some pretty cheap flights from Phoenix to Seattle, but they're not accepting reservations past Aug 14th. It's been that same cap date since February. Anyone know when they'll start taking reservations into September?

AltDelete on
  • spinal77spinal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    You may have to wait a little longer for them to prepare it properly, but you'll get an actual "Jew meal", as the attendant called it last year.

LOL XD

"Jew meal"

I'm going to hell. :(

Jew meal? Seriously; someone whose job is to be interface between the company and its customers called a Kosher meal, in front of the customer, a "Jew Meal"?

Wow. Just Wow.

Now I remember why I loved going to Japan...the customer service.

spinal77 on
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Southwest has some pretty cheap flights from Phoenix to Seattle, but they're not accepting reservations past Aug 14th. It's been that same cap date since February. Anyone know when they'll start taking reservations into September?

Their current promotions expire August 14th. They'll post prices soon enough.

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    seraphex wrote: »

If it's anything like last year, they won't allow booking after that until sometime in May...

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shugarae wrote: »

If it's anything like last year, they won't allow booking after that until sometime in May...

I booked like the first week or so in May as well.

FYI: I've been looking it up for the past half-hour and the average price for both SFO/SEA and SMF(Sacramento for those who are lazy to look it up)/SEA is $200/person round-trip.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shugarae wrote: »

I booked like the first week or so in May as well.

FYI: I've been looking it up for the past half-hour and the average price for both SFO/SEA and SMF(Sacramento for those who are lazy to look it up)/SEA is $200/person round-trip.

Good to know that at least this is a similar pattern as last year. I'll be sure to post if I see the new dates first.

AltDelete on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So my friends and I have all noticed there are some fare sales going on right now for flights to SEA. For instance, SJC-SEA nonstop is at $160 right low (for roundtrip, even!), which is the lowest I've ever seen it. My friends report good fares from Atlanta and Austin.

Now might be a good time to book.

(insert disclaimers here)

ASimPerson on
    edited April 2009
    Flying Newark, NJ to Seattle

9/3 9:00 AM
    Continental CO1581

9/7 3:45 PM
    Continental CO1880

PeasantDave on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moe...Moe!!

Could you do me a favor and lock this thread up when you get the chance?

I made a prettier thread with lots of useful information.

Thank you!

Edit to Add! Could you also fix the Traveling to PAX resource thread so it could have the updated thread. PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE???

You = Mega-Awesomeness.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
This discussion has been closed.