As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Limp [DOODLE]

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    WCK, the lack of detail in the windows encourages the eye to dwell on the intersection, which is the focus of the piece anyway. It works compositionally, and it reads fine.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wck -- billy's pharmesist? you mean pharmacist, right?

mully on
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    k for all u piano haters I redid the sleeves. also its not done yet

RE3.jpg

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Whoops...i think you kinda killed it...

The face is so refined but the rest of it is so loose and ethereal so there's this weird sort of dichotomy between them.

DeeLock on
    edited April 2009
    myk, stop using those textures. it flattens out everything you do. right now the arms are your strongest part, because they're rendered through value, not through transparent what-have-you.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited April 2009
    well thats sorta what I'm trying to go for, something sorta impressinistic/abstract/manga'ish. I'm trying to imply some of whats going on, while keeping the main focal points tightly rendered. again its not finished, some of that stuff are just placeholders for now. and yeah Deelock I agree about the face. I have to sorta flatten it out a bit

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
    edited April 2009
    well, good luck painting abstract figures.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited April 2009
    well they told me specifically that if they wanted something rendered realistically, they could just use a photographer...what am i to do? D:

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    oh, well, if it's for a client, whatever. but for your own purposes, if you're doing a study, i think it'd do you a lot of good to let go of the texture brushes for a while.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was going to call it done, but...Eh...actually I dunno if I want to call it finished now that I look at it.

7ea8439c0321b0cafdceb92e6951a952.png

Buckwolfe on
    edited April 2009
    I would try smoothing out the face a bit, mainly the around the jaw area. Also the neck seems a bit masculine.

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's a very beefy small child.

DeeLock on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    couple o wips
    pic111.jpg
    pic110.jpg

wakkawa on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jace be my bride.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do say, was kinda weird seeing my actual name used!

not use to that, haha

wakkawa on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not going to call my fiancée by an alias.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Winter- really love your colour scheme you have going. I really think your calling might be in drawing landscapes and cityscapes etc. Seems to be your strong point

Leggraphics on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That environment looks sweet Wakka, though it reminds me a lot of something I saw in RE5 when my buddies were playing it the other day.

rts on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I do say, was kinda weird seeing my actual name used!

not use to that, haha

If I ever met you, I'd probably call you Wak or Wakkawa. Idunno, it's weird, but I'd call everyone here by their forum names first if I met them fo' realz.

That said, I am liking the variation your putting in your ladies now.

The giant gash in the surface level building is a little distracting though. I think if you cut out the detail in the middle of it, it would work better.

Tam on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    dammit, Wak. Good stuff. :)

NightDragon on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do so love it when you do environmental pieces Wak.

Mustang on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stupid question wakkawa: how do you do streams of light like that? Whenever I try streams of light, they look like poopy. Is it just brushes at low opacity?

NibCrom on
    edited April 2009
    try using screen or color doge layers with a soft brush. painter has a glow tool which kicks the shit out of both.

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AcousticRoosterAcousticRooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    manovan, what are the cbr forums?

acoustic rooster: what are you using for inking and when are you going to put up a website or a deviantart or something?

the ever-popular sakura micron pen. i usually use a size 005 but i must press down too hard or something because they never last long with me so i've been using a size 01 instead. and no i still need to do that! haha i was surprised that you still remembered me.

AcousticRooster on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mully wrote: »
    wck -- billy's pharmesist? you mean pharmacist, right?

Shite! Oh well. As they say, we're illustrators not spellers!
    Also get it? Billys Pharmesist... Rosewoods Petshop... Billy Rosewood... Beverly Hills Cop... Hahah. Im bloody hilarious.
    Thanks for the kind words people.

BTW wakkawa: I wish my ladies looked like your ladies. Mine just look like men... :( Enviro is cool too.

winter_combat_knight on
    edited April 2009
    myk, stop using those textures. it flattens out everything you do. right now the arms are your strongest part, because they're rendered through value, not through transparent what-have-you.

I agree with this.
    Mykonos wrote: »
    well they told me specifically that if they wanted something rendered realistically, they could just use a photographer...what am i to do? D:

If it is what the client wants, i guess thats what matters. But they probably want this becuase you're pretty much promoting yourself as an Andrew jones copycat.
    serious look
    25aum47.jpg

Your REAL work lookd freaking AWESOME!!! You should be developing that. There are other ways to add texture and depth to a painting. It kinda sounds like im being a prick, but im not. Im saying, DO YOUR style. Youve got a good one. Develop it mate!
    Great examples: No need for Andrew jones texture here. these already look badass!
    2e5qhdi.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That second pic is hotness Wakka.

I haven't posted anything in a while.. So here's a wip thing I've been hacking at for a while.

junglechase3.jpg

Scosglen on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh shit Scos that guy on the ground looks so ridiculously sad I want to hug him. Really awesome lighting too.

Damnit, whenever I see awesome environments in here I punch myself for not just coming in here and finding something awesome and asking if I can 3D it rather than using my own shitty designs. Because the environments in here are totally badass.

Kochikens on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That guy seems way to close to still be worrying about looking through the scope. They both seem awfully composed under the situation, as if they know the lizard is vegetarian or something.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited April 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    That second pic is hotness Wakka.

I haven't posted anything in a while.. So here's a wip thing I've been hacking at for a while.

junglechase3.jpg
    D-Robe wrote: »
    That guy seems way to close to still be worrying about looking through the scope.

I dunno, in Resident Evil 4, i use the rifle scope even at close aim. it allows you to accurately blow off the enemies head. I assume in this pic, the sniper scope dude wants to aim at the creatures weak spot. Perhaps he only has one bullet left, and wants to make sure he hits it in the right spot to give the most damage. Thats what i love about illustrations, its left for the interpretation of the viewer.

My crit would be to maybe extend the canvas size to the right just a smidge. it looks like you're going for the claustrophobic look, but i think extending the canvas size might just work a little better. Thats my thought anyway.

*thumbs up*

EDIT: BTW, had my painting class today. Everyone had to bring in an object and place it in the still life scene. I brought the turtle.

Still getting used to oils. Very basic block in ATM. At uni drying so cant work on it till next class
    9i5s01.jpg

The still life set-up

qzpsag.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    That guy seems way to close to still be worrying about looking through the scope. They both seem awfully composed under the situation, as if they know the lizard is vegetarian or something.

Yeah, I agree. The guy needs to be like holding the gun at his waist and like have an "ahh holy crap!" look to him. So it looks like he wasn't prepared.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    scos i saw the process of that in the ca.org mentor forums, it's really come along quite nicely, excellent work as always duder

beavotron on
    edited April 2009
    vd_copy.jpg

I think she's falling very slowly.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    negativespace.png

really speedy doodle to get me back in my creative flow

sharky t on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haha, you guys don't put a whole lot of effort into your still life setups do you WCK?

Your block-in looking good though.

rts on
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    dscf3538.png

Another doodle of my badass mohawk-wielding friend (yes, that's right - wielding!)

sorry for the crappy photo quality

sharky t on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    selfportrait1.png

35 mins, trying for realistic colours, drawn from a mirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrror

mully on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    But why isn't your hair purple? :)

NibCrom on
    edited April 2009
    This is still not done, I just wanted it to look *dunish* I'm gonna make better gunz and an actual background, and other shit like better....WHOA A SPIDER!
    vd_copy_1.jpg
    And I forgot the bracelets.

anyhoo-Story Board Time! Gather round kiddies.
    txic.jpg
    txic2.jpg
    txic3.jpg
    txic4.jpg

RANDOM NSFW SHITZ!
    d.jpg

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mully wrote: »
    selfportrait1.png

35 mins, trying for realistic colours, drawn from a mirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrror

Talk about multi-tasking, drinking, painting, listening to tunes and looking at yourself in the mirror all at the same time.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.