As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East: Volunteering ?

elektra168elektra168 Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Hello. I am a gamer who lives in Boston, and am so happy that there is a gaming convention coming to this area of the country.

I would love to show my support by helping out at Pax East 2010 somehow. Is there a contact email for volunteering at the convention?

Thank you,

-elektra168

elektra168 on

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Usually if the organizers need volunteers, they will make a post here with a link to an application. In the past it's always been about 6 months before the convention is open. Check back here occasionally, or on the PAX sites. Check back here anyway, most of us are friendly. :)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • elektra168elektra168 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Usually if the organizers need volunteers, they will make a post here with a link to an application. In the past it's always been about 6 months before the convention is open. Check back here occasionally, or on the PAX sites. Check back here anyway, most of us are friendly. :)

Thanks for the info! I will check back. Glad to hear you are friendly :)

elektra168 on
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ppl are friendly??? On the internet???

Googalash on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Everybody but me, I'm a total jerk.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    6 months?! So loooonnnggggg. I also really wanna volunteer. Been doing it for NY cons for years, for some reason I enjoy the torture.

Crapola, I'm going to have to stalk the forums every day.

*cackles*

Izzie on
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What NY cons?

Also, Moe is lying, he is nice, and cuddly, like a puppy made of rainbows.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NY Comic Con?

New York International Numismatic Convention?

(Numismatics = coin collection)

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    He meant what cons did the guy work, not what cons exist.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I know. I'm playing the game, "Guess what NY Cons Izzie has worked"

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haha.
    Mostly that crazy animu shiz, Anime and Manga-next. Trying to get into VGExpo, too.
    I'm insane, it's true.

Izzie on
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • sidshanksidshank Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    hi there,

this is for the Liger,

can u tell me that whether Indian gamers can volunteer for this expo because I am very keen to volunteer for this expo....though it wuld be my first ever event I would attend outside india.

sidshank on
  • heelsheels
    snipes the answer

I don't see why not, we currently have at least one enforcer from abroad who just keeps coming back, seriously, we cant get rid of him, sometimes he doesn't wear pants.

When the volunteer application goes live fill it out and see what happens!

Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    snipes the answer

I don't see why not, we currently have at least one enforcer from abroad who just keeps coming back, seriously, we cant get rid of him, sometimes he doesn't wear pants.

When the volunteer application goes live fill it out and see what happens!

heels on

www.reedpop.com
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If things go well you might end up with two pantless Australians you can't get rid of :P

CuZZa on
    edited May 2009
    sidshank wrote: »
    hi there,

this is for the Liger,

can u tell me that whether Indian gamers can volunteer for this expo because I am very keen to volunteer for this expo....though it wuld be my first ever event I would attend outside india.

Enforcers come from all over the world! If/when Recruiting applications come out for PAX East, be sure to include that you are coming from overseas and make sure your travel plans are SOLID. It would be a shame to be accepted and not be able to attend!

Out of curiosity, where in India are you from? I have some old ties in Gujarat.

Liger on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    If things go well you might end up with two pantless Australians you can't get rid of :P

Oh my! =);)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh God

The first time I met Cuzza he wasn't wearing pants.

heels on

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2009
    The first time I met CuZZa I put him, his luggage AND Macca into my 240SX.

Liger on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sidshank wrote: »
    hi there,

this is for the Liger,

If you come from India to be an Enforcer, not only will you be another enforcer first, you will also be everyone's new special friend. :winky:

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Curious as to how you guys feel about non-video games?
    I'm an MIB for SJ Games, a Gozarian for Gozer Games LLC, and I annualy run a game room for a local SF con, and ran the game room for Noreascon 4.
    I'd be very interested in signing on on a staff level for live gaming (board and non-collectible card gaming are my specialties) or in demoing for SJ or Gozer Games. I'm also good with eurogames.
    Don't get me wrong. I love video games as much as the next fan, but the non-video games are important as well.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    undead wrote: »
    Curious as to how you guys feel about non-video games?
    I'm an MIB for SJ Games, a Gozarian for Gozer Games LLC, and I annualy run a game room for a local SF con, and ran the game room for Noreascon 4.
    I'd be very interested in signing on on a staff level for live gaming (board and non-collectible card gaming are my specialties) or in demoing for SJ or Gozer Games. I'm also good with eurogames.
    Don't get me wrong. I love video games as much as the next fan, but the non-video games are important as well.

PAX has a large section dedicated to board/paper/card games. PAXEast will (hopefully) be the same in that regard.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited September 2009
    Hello. I'm back :)

With PAX Seattle over, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about volunteering for PAX East? I really would like to show my support for this event, and would like to make sure I don't miss the window for colunteering.

Also, are there any more PAX East get-togethers coming up? I missed the last one.

Thanks!

-elektra168

elektra168 on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As we are about sixish months out from PAX East, I would imagine (as far as I am aware) info for PAX east would be sometime in November or December.

I could be wrong of course so don't quote me on anything. :wink:

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    elektra168 wrote: »
    Hello. I'm back :)

With PAX Seattle over, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about volunteering for PAX East? I really would like to show my support for this event, and would like to make sure I don't miss the window for colunteering.

Also, are there any more PAX East get-togethers coming up? I missed the last one.

Thanks!

-elektra168

Keep your eyes open for posts in the next month or so. I'm sure that not everyone one who Enforces prime will make East. There will be a link where you can download an application for submission for review. Best of luck!

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't wait to cause hell in Boston. and yes that Moe Fwacky guy is a HUGE dick! he makes me cry at night. :<

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the replies! I will keep an eye out. QuickSnap, I promise not to quote you on anything, unless subpoenaed.

-elektra168

elektra168 on
This discussion has been closed.