As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Valkyria Chronicles - discussion of the anime also welcome

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    im all for voting with my wallet, but only if what i buy is worth buying on its own merits anyway. i mean ive bought all the disgaea 3 dlc released so far, im not at all adverse to buying this kind of thing to show my support for awesomeness. if it was $5 for the whole shebang it wouldnt even be a question, and im only on like the second mission of the actual game. $15 crosses my personal line out of impulse buy territory though.

Ah_Pook on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    $15 crosses my personal line out of impulse buy territory though.

Heh, my PS3 and PSP were impulse buys, so a $15 (probably be $30au for me) impulse buy to me isn't that big. I'm only on the 4th mission and I know I'll buy the missions when they hit PSN immediately. Hard EX mode? Not so much.

-Loki- on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What I don't get is how are the Edy's mission and Selvaria things the same price? I mean, if I remember correctly from when I looked it up Edy's is just one fight while Selvaria's is 4.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Grayjack72Grayjack72 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »

Heh, my PS3 and PSP were impulse buys, so a $15 (probably be $30au for me) impulse buy to me isn't that big. I'm only on the 4th mission and I know I'll buy the missions when they hit PSN immediately. Hard EX mode? Not so much.

I'll end up buying all of them, even though I know I'll never beat the Hard EX missions.

Grayjack72 on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grayjack72 wrote: »

I'll end up buying all of them, even though I know I'll never play the Hard EX missions.

Yeah, and all this is a day one purchase for me (somewhat of a necessity; I'm going back to my parents' house on the 18th and when I do I'm leaving my PS3 with them)

Rent on
    edited April 2009
    Rent wrote: »

I'll end up buying all of them, even though I know I'll never play the Hard EX missions.

Yeah, and all this is a day one purchase for me (somewhat of a necessity; I'm going back to my parents' house on the 18th and when I do I'm leaving my PS3 with them)
    I'll buy it the day my PS3 returns.

Grayjack72 on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ive bought all the disgaea 3 dlc released so far, im not at all adverse to buying this kind of thing to show my support for awesomeness.

Holy Hell, there's new Disgaea stuff released all the time. I don't even want to think of how much you spent, but it's gotta' be close to the purchase price of a new game by now.

Also, Rent - leaving your PS3 with your parents? Awuhhhh?

Oh, as well...
    For me it's $20, but either way this doesn't qualify as an impulse buy (for me). You can't call it an impulse buy if you knew you were going to purchase it six months ago when you heard about the Japanese version of the DLC.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I totally bought it today on sale for $30. Here we go!

NickTheNewbie on
    edited April 2009
    Chance wrote: »

Also, Rent - leaving your PS3 with your parents? Awuhhhh?

I'm going on a fun trip to a foreign country next month! I'll be gone all year! :D
    It's Iraq
    I totally bought it today on sale for $30. Here we go!

Get a VC sig you

Rent on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This, Siren, Disgaea 3, MGS4, dammit I don't have enough money to get a PS3, stop making me want one of you! Stupid PS3.:x

SkutSkut on
    edited April 2009
    I'm going on a fun trip to a foreign country next month! I'll be gone all year! :D
    It's Iraq

Ach, we'll miss ya Home Slice. I sure hope you got some boring techie job and you won't be the one disarming IEDs or manning the roof-mounted machine gun.

Chance on
    edited April 2009
    It's Iraq

Ach, we'll miss ya Home Slice. I sure hope you got some boring techie job and you won't be the one disarming IEDs or manning the roof-mounted machine gun.

And yeah, I'm a radar mechanic
    I fix
    1_15Radar.jpg
    (Those things intercept artillery rounds and are able to plot a location and trajectory of incoming artillery...no ragnite round detection though :( )
    So I'm gonna be stuck on a base all day...probably posting on the internet about how hot it is :lol:

Rent on
    edited April 2009
    It's Iraq

I fix
    1_15Radar.jpg
    (Those things intercept artillery rounds and are able to plot a location and trajectory of incoming artillery...no ragnite round detection though :( )
    So I'm gonna be stuck on a base all day...probably posting on the internet about how hot it is :lol:

No Ragnite detection?! So you're screwed if the enemy starts firing ragnite rounds?

Grayjack72 on
    edited April 2009
    No Ragnite detection?! So you're screwed if the enemy starts firing ragnite rounds?
    Y...yes we are... OH NOES D:
    NONE OF OUR RADARS HAVE RAGNITE DETECTION
    THE EMPIRE COULD STRIKE THE US AT ANY TIME TO EXPOSE OUR CRITICAL SECURITY HOLE D:D:D:

Rent on
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll probably get the DLC where you play as the Imperials, but I doubt I'll get the other ones. Especially if the Edy DLC is only a single mission.

Now if Hard EX mode affected the missions and not just the skirmishes...

gjaustin on
    edited April 2009
    Y...yes we are... OH NOES D:
    NONE OF OUR RADARS HAVE RAGNITE DETECTION
    THE EMPIRE COULD STRIKE THE US AT ANY TIME TO EXPOSE OUR CRITICAL SECURITY HOLE D:D:D:

Maybe Leon and Kries at R&D can do something about this!:!:

Grayjack72 on
  • ValkyriaX01ValkyriaX01 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Since you'll be in the desert, shouldn't you keep a lookout for unusual desert formations or ruins? Maybe you'll run into a Valkyria!

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Since you'll be in the desert, shouldn't you keep a lookout for unusual desert formations or ruins? Maybe you'll run into a Valkyria!

Rent, if you ever come across somebody who's glowing blue and carrying a lance, run. Don't wait for them to do anything, just run like crazy.

The Lord of Hats on
    edited April 2009
    Rent, if you ever come across somebody who's glowing blue and carrying a lance, run. Don't wait for them to do anything, just run like crazy.

What if they promise candy?
    Delicious, delicious Gallian candy?

Rent on
    edited April 2009
    "New intelligence reports that opposing forces somehow came up with a new improvised anti-vehicle weapon. It consists simply of a launch pole and an Rocket Propelled Tip which can be deployed with a Bipod for additional accuracy. Watch yourself out there."

Anyway, if you ran into a Valkyria, I was going to ask if you could get her autograph... but then again, if she's not on your side, it'd be a bit hard to do. But if they offer candy...

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    "New intelligence reports that opposing forces somehow came up with a new improvised anti-vehicle weapon. It consists simply of a launch pole and an Rocket Propelled Tip which can be deployed with a Bipod for additional accuracy. Watch yourself out there."

Anyway, if you ran into a Valkyria, I was going to ask if you could get her autograph... but then again, if she's not on your side, it'd be a bit hard to do. But if they offer candy...

On the one hand, it's a unstoppable war machine of death, foretold through centuries of oral history
    On the other, mmmm chocolate
    We're all trying to max the thread out so we get a new one, aren't we

Rent on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Here, let me help.

Good luck out there, Rent. Don't forget your ragnaid.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited April 2009
    I don't know about the others, but I'm merely melding fantasy and reality via words while waiting for Sunday to roll around (new VC Episode Raww to DL).

Also, if for some random reason you see a squadmate (preferrably a tank commander) in love with a recon girl, and vice versa, "Don't you dare touch her!"

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    We're all trying to max the thread out so we get a new one, aren't we
    The other one ended like one page after this. So we're almost there.

Shivahn on
    edited April 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Here, let me help.

Hehe, thanks

As an aside
    This marks my 168th post in this thread
    I wonder how many of those posts had the phrase "Get a VC sig you" in them
    Probably an embarassingly high percentage

Edit: I'm reverting my av/sig to ol' Welks once we get a new thread

Rent on
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Here, let me help.

Hehe, thanks

Do a good job throughout and your superiors will be impressed...but not surprised.

Anywho, bustin on through and just finished up Chapter 11...
    [CH. 11 Spoils]
    Man, talk about a downer after taking forever (which is 17 turns) to crack that nut of a map. Isara shall be missed...until the new game plus.

The song is lovely, as well.

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sig. Whaddaya think.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good sig. It took me a moment to remember how 'widwife' came about.
    It's Iraq

I fix
    1_15Radar.jpg

You'll still be around to order people to get VC sigs, right?

I'll probably have the new thread up by the weekend. And it'll be a NEW OP this time.

Chrono Helix on
    edited April 2009
    I lol'd Reverend.

Chance on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    good god i am in love with this game. pity i wont have any serious time to devote to it till the end of this month

and i love that you can get vyse and aika from the very beginning. so awesome!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No idea if it was mentioned, but apparently there will be Valkyria Chronicles inspired Little Big Planet costumes coming soon(?) on PSN as well. More stuff to get I suppose.

Interpreter on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No idea if it was mentioned, but apparently there will be Valkyria Chronicles inspired Little Big Planet costumes coming soon(?) on PSN as well. More stuff to get I suppose.

That was a fan made fake I'm afraid. No official word yet on VC-themed LBP DLC, but I'd sure go for it if they did make it 8-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do my eyes deceive me here : http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=212835

where it says
    Sega has given out the pricing and release date for its Valkyria Chronicles DLC that's due to be released on April 16 for £3.19 (€3.99). And if you still haven't played it, sort your life out!

The new content is:

* Hard EX Mode - fight your way through the entire Imperial army, where the enemies are more lethal and your main tank Edelweiss is unavailable. You'll have to be more strategic in order to overcome your opponents.

* Edy's Mission "Enter the Edy Detachment" - six members have been separated from Squad 7 and on their journey to reunite with their squad, they stumble upon a tiny village under attack by the Imperial Army. Play as Edy and command your outnumbered team to defend the small village from annihilation.

* Selvaria's Mission "Behind Her Blue Flame"- Taking place right after the outbreak of Gallian battle lines, you play as Johann, a young and meek engineer assigned to Selvaria's troop. See the action as it unfolds behind enemy lines and experience the war play out through the eyes of the enemy.

In other words, am I correct in understanding that you get all these goodies in a single, low-priced DLC? :P8-)

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    edited April 2009
    Here, let me help.

Hehe, thanks

Do a good job throughout and your superiors will be impressed...but not surprised.
    That's gonna be the new "thing", huh
    I like it
    Anywho, bustin on through and just finished up Chapter 11...
    [CH. 11 Spoils]
    Man, talk about a downer after taking forever (which is 17 turns) to crack that nut of a map. Isara shall be missed...until the new game plus.

The song is lovely, as well.
    Man, you're like the only one who likes that song besides me
    Also, ISSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAARRRRRAAAAA:cry::cry:

Rent on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's Iraq

I fix
    1_15Radar.jpg

what if I fire my railgun at you. what then, tough guy?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited April 2009
    You'll still be around to order people to get VC sigs, right?
    Most likely

Oh and Galactus your sig is fuckin' amazing
    Wren wrote: »

what if I fire my railgun at you. what then, tough guy?
    ...sssScience?

Rent on
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Still trying to figure out a way to screencap the "Order" screen and issue the "Get A VC Sig You" order. (How many CP would that cost anyhow?)

Also, what if the glowing blue lady has two back-spraining, beautiful, bouncy arguments in favour of her side?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
    edited April 2009
    Also, what if the glowing blue lady has two back-spraining, beautiful, bouncy arguments in favour of her side?
    It would be enticing, no lie

Rent on
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It would be enticing, no lie

Selvaria did always want someone to think of her as a human, and not an ancient weapon of war.

Well, I got your primal human behaviour right here. :winky:

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Actually I'm not too crazy about Selvaria. Her development is not very interesting until near the end.
    I'm talking about when she's conversing with Alicia, the only other laser-lady she's ever seen. Then she blows herself up for her dick of a not-boyfriend. So much for that. Because who is scared of that pussy Maximillian?

Most excellent titties though.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767