As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diplomacy

BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
edited February 2007 in Critical Failures
So I made a thread over in SE++ seeing if anyone wanted to try a game of Diplomacy out, and got a few responses. Someone said you fine people did a game a while ago and that I should check out here how you guys went about it.

So uh, how'd you guys go about it? Email? An actual online version of the game?

duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
Borfase on

• Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I ran it through Gmail accounts and a thread here with a map I updated each turn. I still have the account passwords, I believe.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hm. Do you mean you actually had a physical map that you took pictures of and posted?

I need to find an online map, since I don't actually own the game.

Borfase on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You want to download RealPolitik. Give it a google.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    zenpotato wrote: »
    You want to download RealPolitik. Give it a google.

Oh wow. Perfect. Thanks.

Borfase on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Basically, I assigned a Gmail account to each player - England.padip@gmail.com for Britain, France.padip@gmail.com for France and so on. Each player could then use the accounts to communicate with each other, make deals and so forth. The accounts were set up so that all messages were forwarded to the judge's account, so that I could watch what was going on. Before the end of each turn, the players submitted their moves to me at the judge account.
    The map was a Photoshop file, with an image of the board lifted from Wikimedia on one layer and the markers, etc on a layer above. When I updated the map, I just cut and paste the markers to move them around. There are programs like Realpolitik available for download that can do the same thing, but they produce rather ugly maps so I did it by hand instead.

I would definitely like to be in on a game, by the way.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Basically, I assigned a Gmail account to each player - England.padip@gmail.com for Britain, France.padip@gmail.com for France and so on. Each player could then use the accounts to communicate with each other, make deals and so forth. The accounts were set up so that all messages were forwarded to the judge's account, so that I could watch what was going on. Before the end of each turn, the players submitted their moves to me at the judge account.
    The map was a Photoshop file, with an image of the board lifted from Wikimedia on one layer and the markers, etc on a layer above. When I updated the map, I just cut and paste the markers to move them around. There are programs like Realpolitik available for download that can do the same thing, but they produce rather ugly maps so I did it by hand instead.

I would definitely like to be in on a game, by the way.

I'm pretty retarded with Photoshop, so I'll probably end up using Realpolitik even if it is butt ugly.

Borfase on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The map may not be gorgeous, but it's easy to read. You can easily see who's where and who owns what. The fancier maps don't give me a good tactic vibe.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    If anyone wnats to play, go here.

Borfase on