As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

1up (the alcoholic beverage)

cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in PAX Archive
From the Alcohol Exchange thread

The 1-Up
1 bottle Bawls
2 shots Everclear

Do eeeeet

Also, anyone know of some other good energy drink/liquor mixes? Get 'em ready for PAX...

cold wolf on

• JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hooray arrhythmia!

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hooray bleeding eyeballs!*

*p.s. totally worth it

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    cold wolf wrote: »

The 1-Up
    1 bottle Bawls
    2 shots Everclear

Do eeeeet

Also, anyone know of some other good energy drink/liquor mixes? Get 'em ready for PAX...

well, there is the ever classic red bull/jager mix. the admiral pub in west seattle does this well, as they have jager on tap, and ice cold!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Guys I never had Everclear or seen the effects of anyone drinking it. How fucked up am I going to get from this?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

The 1-Up
    1 bottle Bawls
    2 shots Everclear

Do eeeeet

well, there is the ever classic red bull/jager mix. the admiral pub in west seattle does this well, as they have jager on tap, and ice cold!

While i tottaly respect the admiral, it doesnt take rocket science to make that drink, and nowadays its hard to find a bar without the jager machine.

uc4life on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Guys I never had Everclear or seen the effects of anyone drinking it. How fucked up am I going to get from this?

VERY.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    Jager Bombs suck. Sorry, it had to be said. Red Bull tastes like vomit, and mixing it with anything, makes that thing taste like vomit. I submit to you to keep mixing Bawls with things if you want that caffinated drunkness.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jager/red bull? Yeah, not much of a fan, but because I have a bottle for myself (gotta keep the place stocked for some occasions) I can mix to my taste. Forgot about that one.

I'll try Bawls/vodka tonight--I think that'll be a little less lethal.

I think I'll just go to the store and get Amp, Adrenaline Rush, and a couple others, and go through them with various treatments throughout the week. Should help boost productivity yeah? mwahahahah-aaaawoooo k. On second thought maybe I should try this over the course of a few weeks. I don't feel like seizures are right for me yet.

On stock: Jager, (good) vodka, coconut Malibu, several rums, couple kinds of schnapps... all I can remember off the top of my face. I welcome any ideas...

cold wolf on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    That sounds absolutely disgusting. I'll just stick to Whisky Sevens.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited February 2007
    Holy shit. I'm going to keep the consumption of these drinks to a minimum, as in once a week at most. Apparently, mixing alcohol with energy drinks gets you drunk except you don't feel like you're drunk, which kind of really defeats the purpose. It fucks you up in a few other ways too, just read the link.

Well, so much for that plan.

cold wolf on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I agree with Borfase. I've never understood the geek fascination with Bawls and drinking everclear is such a college thing though most of you are in that age group to be fair. In fact, I generally don't get the whole mixing hard alcohol with energy drink craze. Do you want a depressant or a stimulant? Make up your fucking mind.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited February 2007
    ...did you not read what I just posted there?

Summary: ignorance.

cold wolf on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Holy shit. I'm going to keep the consumption of these drinks to a minimum, as in once a week at most. Apparently, mixing alcohol with energy drinks gets you drunk except you don't feel like you're drunk, which kind of really defeats the purpose. It fucks you up in a few other ways too, just read the link.

Well, so much for that plan.

What? Mixing a stimulant and a depressant is ALWAYS a good idea.

*rolls eyes*

I never figured out why people thought that was a wise move.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited February 2007
    Heh no one said it was "wise" in any sense of the word. But it's fun to mix things and try other new things to see what happens.

The secret? Try just a little at a time. I know! Took me 30 years to figure that one out!

cold wolf on
    edited February 2007

Fuck you? You posted that just a couple of minutes before I posted which means that while I was writing my post along with other stuff, I didn't fucking see it bitch. Christ.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

Fuck you? You posted that just a couple of minutes before I posted which means that while I was writing my post along with other stuff, I didn't fucking see it bitch. Christ.
    My bad. I never check timestamps, sooo... fuck me indeed.

cold wolf on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bawls is ok,if you ask me. But I'm more a Jolt guy myself. To that I say try a...

Eye burner

1/4 of their new can
    3 shots of Whisky

Something I came up with one day, when I had some Jack left over from a party.

Highfire on
    edited February 2007

Well, I guess I'll let it slide this time but you're on probation dammit! :mrgreen:

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited February 2007

Well, I guess I'll let it slide this time but you're on probation dammit! :mrgreen:
    D:

t Highfire: lolopop awesome name, and sounds pretty accurate to boot. I'll chegitout

cold wolf on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I agree with Borfase. I've never understood the geek fascination with Bawls

Geeks like shitty tasting drinks that can seriously fuck your heart up.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Borfase wrote: »

just came in to flame? if we're geeks, and you're reading our forums, what's that make you?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

just came in to flame? if we're geeks, and you're reading our forums, what's that make you?

A flaming geek.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »

A flaming geek.

That in itself sounds like a drink. And if it isn't, it should be.

Or... I've been checking this thread far too long.

BrokenAngel on
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Everclear depends on if you get the "diet" 151 proof Everclear, or the "full-flavor" 190 proof Everclear. From the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

"It is illegal to purchase the 190 proof version in certain states. Due to Everclear's lack of sugar and impurities (congeners), it may make drinkers less vulnerable to hangovers. However, the lack of a strong flavor tends to promote overconsumption. Everclear is usually mixed into an alcoholic beverage, and is highly flammable."

Michigan is one of those illegal states, but god bless Indiana for all of my illegal booze and fireworks needs.

Diet punches you just like Bacardi 151 does. Full-flavor donkey punches you and then proceeds to choke you out while telling you how much of a filthy whore you are. No matter which one you decide to try I suggest you drink it as a mixer, and drink it slowly until you know how it's going to affect you.

As a side note, I'm a big fan of flaming dr. peppers if we're all about crazy drinks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Dr._Pepper

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    yoshamano wrote: »
    "It is illegal to purchase the 190 proof version in certain states. "

I might mention too, that Washington itself is also one of those states that dosn't sell it, so if you actually want to drink said liquid lobotomy in a bottle, make sure you know someone who is bringing it from elsewhere, as you won't be able to run get any while your at PAX.

BrokenAngel on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

There is a distinct possibility that, depending on how much you weigh, you could die.

sarukun on
    edited March 2007

I might mention too, that Washington itself is also one of those states that dosn't sell it, so if you actually want to drink said liquid lobotomy in a bottle, make sure you know someone who is bringing it from elsewhere, as you won't be able to run get any while your at PAX.

easy to get it from canada. although, the new passport law makes it a bit more difficult.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If someone really wants some full-flavor, I can pick up some from Indiana to bring to PAX.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    sarukun wrote: »

There is a distinct possibility that, depending on how much you weigh, you could die.

Maybe around 120ish when PAX comes around.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You're totally gonna die.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, unless you've been building up a tolerance to booze, Everclear will fuck your Christmas.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

easy to get it from canada. although, the new passport law makes it a bit more difficult.
    You don't need a passport to drive across the border till next January, so you are good.

I prefer drinkin' German, where you SIP a shot of Jaeger between swigs of beer, its goddamn delicious.

Also I found Rum works good with Bawls.
    Being drunk and on an energy high is a heart rocking good time. People don't understand that it makes the party last way longer then your friends that pass out early.

teamquiggan on
    edited March 2007
    t teamquiggan, that is awesome. i am now trippin on this experience that is drunken energy high. i'm doing it for science. no, i'm not alone. but i'm still doing it for science because i want to have her babies.

don't ask questions or state "what", because nothing makes much sense right now anyway. here's what i discovered:

1/3 JAGER + 2/3 BAWLS = ULTIMATE PLEASURE PACK

vodka + bawls = not so much

cold wolf on
    edited March 2007
    I dunno about all these fancy drinks, all I had was bitch beers and rum and coke tonight and I enjoy it quite well ^.^

I am also bored, cause everyone else crashed out already :(

BrokenAngel on
    edited March 2007
    Bitch beers? You mean like Bud/Coors/Miller?

It's 3am here, but I sobered up some time ago. I just don't want to go to bed yet, even though my face hurts.

The jager/bawls mix has been dubbed the LevelUp. Not as much of a kick as everclear, but it tastes fantastic and will still give you something special. This is my official PAX drink. Bawls better show with a metric fuckton of their shit again.

This is exciting.

cold wolf on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    if Bawls was really on the Bawl, they'd set up a mixology panel of some sort for those who are of age. that'd be a great marketing tactic, although it seems we're already handling it pretty well ourselves.

b0wser on
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    if Bawls was really on the Bawl, they'd set up a mixology panel of some sort for those who are of age. that'd be a great marketing tactic, although it seems we're already handling it pretty well ourselves.

They should just hire you guys. Free Bawls and booze and a crappy paycheck to do it.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2007
    Bitch beers? You mean like Bud/Coors/Miller?
    i was thinkin more like zima :lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rockstar and white rum. Sounds gross, I know, but with the right mix (aproximatly 2-3 shots per 16oz. can) its no worse than a rum and coke...

...come to think of it...

...tatoo rum and jolt cola would be totaly kick ass! I'll get back to you guys after I try it tonight.

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
  • RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ...tatoo rum and jolt cola would be totaly kick ass! I'll get back to you guys after I try it tonight.

Definately let us know, i got a bottle of tatoo that ive been meaning to destroy and if that works ill get a 12 pack of jolt next time im by the soda shop.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
This discussion has been closed.