As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Big Idea] Pitch your best project

• DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I believe I currently have $11 dollars.

Ex Machina Incorporated
    Delightful Inventions, Disasterous Investments.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Updated totals from GoogleSpreadsheet:

Utsanomiko: $18, 3 chips
    Rend: $11, 0 chips
    lonelyahava: $24, 4 chips
    enlightenedbum: $16, 0 chips
    manaleak: $19, 2 chips
    Daius: $11, 3 chips

lonelhyahava is first player next round

Darian on
  • robotsunshinerobotsunshine regular
    edited April 2009
    End of Turn
    At the end of the Offering Phase, all players are allowed to discard as many noun and adjective cards as they wish before drawing back up to three of each. (The decks will be reshuffled if they run out.) PM me the cards you wish to discard.

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    Seed Phase (Invention)
    Each player invents a product by combining noun and adjective cards, and PMing the host the new product. Once all products are submitted, then the lead player reveals their product and pitches the idea to the other players. (It must be the same as the one they submitted to the host.) After the lead player reveals and describes their product, they may choose to invest in it, placing one of their own investment chips on it, or choose not to invest, either leaving the product out for others to potentially invest in, or discarding the product completely. Afterwards, the next player reveals, pitches, and invests, until all players have revealed their products.

PM me a new product!

I'll be keeping better track of things this turn 'round, so no more mix-ups like before.

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    Man, what's taking you guys so long? I wanna make mes some monies.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited April 2009
    Daius wrote: »

Waiting on that bastard Rend again.

robotsunshine on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Waiting on that bastard Rend again.

Didnt I send it in, like, ten minutes after you sent the cards out?

I'll resend it.

Rend on
    edited April 2009
    I'm not going to say Rend didn't send it to me, and that he's a liar, and that I can do no fault - but, well, that's pretty much how it is.

Starting with Ahava, everyone reveal your product and say whether or not you invest in it!

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    You people are terrible. My pitch has been ready for days now.

Multiple days.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I haven't written it, but mine is basically ready. ahaaaaaaaava.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    awwwwwwwfudgenuggets.....

half an hour and it'll be up.

lonelyahava on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ladies and Gentleman, please, may I have your attention, please?

We apologize for the delay, but due to circumstances beyond our control, Ahava Incorporated gained extra time to test out our newest invention before bringing it to you.

May we present to you, for your consideration and probable investment, the Computer Chainsaw.

Yes, we are completely aware of the fact that it looks like an ordinary chainsaw, but what you can't see is the material that makes up this chainsaw and makes it so spectacular.

The newly innovated metal and plastic polymers that create the chassis of the chainsaw conduct no electricity, so there is no fear or concern involved when slicing and dicing that cranky computer into millions of bits, pieces, and bytes.

No more do you have to disconnect the power to your laptop or desktop in order to destroy it without worry of electrocuting yourself, or those around you.

!invest one

lonelyahava on
    edited April 2009
    Bum Corp would like to announce the release of Scandalous Government Origami Gloves!

Upon interrogation of our alien Monsters we have learned that the government has known of these creatures for some time and the only way to handle them without inevitably going insane is to wear gloves made of origami. By stealing the plans for these gloves we have uncovered the government's biggest scandal and we've decided to market replicas as souvenirs to commemorate the biggest political story since Watergate!

Buy now!

Not investing in this product

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    Man, two in a row!

I would say "Let's keep the ball rolling", but I don't have faith in Manaleak to post before I go to sleep.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You doubt the integrity of Mana Machineries?

Today ladies and gentlemen we present to you.

The Bargain Waterproof Horseless Magnet Car

Recently Mana Machineries has been developing a highly powerful means of propulsion using state of the art magnetism. We would love to go into the details but we must keep such a technology secret at this time. Just take our word that this car is as powerful as any Race car and yet green as a Druid riding a bicycle made out of recycled materials.
    Due to the troubling economic crisis Mana Machineries is doing it's best to lower the production costs so this amazing vehicle can be provided to anyone in America, and create a transportation revolution without relying on super small foreign cars.
    We've also manage to make this vehicle completely waterproof using a new metallic alloy which will keep dry in the most heavy weather conditions.
    As for the horseless-ness...well we wanted to appeal to the older generations.

Not investing in this product

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
    edited April 2009
    watch?v=pBk7qmJZk0s

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This one surely speaks for itself:

flyingorchestra.jpg

The Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra.

Yes, gone are the days of the obnoxiously loud and clunky flying circuses and diesel-guzzling heliosymphonies, and a new era emerges of mobile musical superfortresses to drown entire subcontinents through 178-piece orchestras (including the Electric Organ, Triple Bass, Bass Timpani, Beat Box, Bass Bass, Quadrangle-Triangle, Browning M2, Commodore 64, and the Super Contrabassoon), amplified by a 108 megawatt sound system and 2.1 million candlepower spotlights.

The key economically-friendly aspect of The Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra is its easily-disposable microsingularity reactor; at the end of its projected 30 year lifescycle the core is ejected out of Earth's atmosphere, where it can safely collapse upon collision with the sun.

Naturally the photo depicts only a current mockup of the Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra; the finished station will have a 1100-meter diameter and produce .08% lunar tidal force. A Marvelous experience of sights, sounds, and mild dizziness from any location on the ground or low-orbit!

INVESTING

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited April 2009
    watch?v=pBk7qmJZk0s

Good god you win the game.

The investment slide is awesome.

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    awwww c'mon daius... I'm having a hard enough time with my compute,r you gimme a youtube link?

lonelyahava on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't think there's much secret in what everyone's investing in for the next phase.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited April 2009
    *got it to wokr on youtube finally*

HOLYSHIT!! That is just plain f'ing AWESOMESAUCE!!!!

lonelyahava on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Daius, that's wonderful. You used the 'Pontiff' card, the one that everyone normally discards. Incredible!

(Also, that video's pretty snazzy as well.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's pretty fucking great, Daius.

PolloDiablo on
    edited April 2009
    But there's only one! That's not a very good product.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    It is too! That's an awesome product.

lonelyahava on
    edited April 2009
    It is something everybody can use.

Just sign them up for a subscription to view it or something.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not even playing and I want to invest in that.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2009
    My pitches are getting gradually more grandiose. Don't be at all surprised if my next two are a photo-journal followed by a feature film.
    Shit no why would I do that to myself.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That was pretty awesome. Hell, if you showed me that at an actual business meeting, I would probably invest.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited April 2009
    And so, without further ado...

Have you ever been followed by some creepy, shady fellow late at night? Have you ever thought to yourself, his blade glinting in the pale light of the moon, "This person may very well not have my best interests at heart?" Well, never fear, for Rend Applied Technologies has the ultimate in personal security devices.

It will destroy your foes on command. It will even destroy them not on command, in the event that you are ever unable to give such a command due to being assailed by an assailant. And? It will fetch the paper without you even knowing.

I give to you, The Invisible Cyber-Dog

This stealth security system will be able to defend you against any horror of the night, or day, for that matter! Very technological technology keeps him hidden from sight at all times, watching until the moment someone strikes! And then?

Well, lets just say our experiments ended well for the hapless victims of these attacks.

My only regret is that I have but no chips to give for my invention.

Rend on
    edited April 2009
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    This one surely speaks for itself:

flyingorchestra.jpg

The Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra.

Yes, gone are the days of the obnoxiously loud and clunky flying circuses and diesel-guzzling heliosymphonies, and a new era emerges of mobile musical superfortresses to drown entire subcontinents through 178-piece orchestras (including the Electric Organ, Triple Bass, Bass Timpani, Beat Box, Bass Bass, Quadrangle-Triangle, Browning M2, Commodore 64, and the Super Contrabassoon), amplified by a 108 megawatt sound system and 2.1 million candlepower spotlights.

The key economically-friendly aspect of The Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra is its easily-disposable microsingularity reactor; at the end of its projected 30 year lifescycle the core is ejected out of Earth's atmosphere, where it can safely collapse upon collision with the sun.

Naturally the photo depicts only a current mockup of the Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra; the finished station will have a 1100-meter diameter and produce .08% lunar tidal force. A Marvelous experience of sights, sounds, and mild dizziness from any location on the ground or low-orbit!

INVESTING

So you've invented Disaster Area?

EDIT: And Rend is apparently Mr. Ng.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    Venture Phase (Secret)
    Each player now has a chance to invest in one new product introduced in the previous phase. PM the host the product you wish to invest one investment chip in or the decision to decline investing. You may not invest in your own product at this time. Once all investments are submitted, they are revealed simultaneously. The player that created the most popularly-invested product earns a $1 Good Idea Bonus. If there is a tie for most popular product, no bonus is distributed.

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    - Artificial Scientific Pontiff: Daius, Utsanomiko
    - Eco-friendly Plying Orchestra: Utsanomiko, Daius
    - Invisible Cyber-dog: lonelyahava
    - Computer Chainsaw: lonelyahava

Mezzanine Phase (Open)
    Each player now has a chance to further invest in one more product, both new products and old products left over from the previous round, and including ones own product. Because more information is available, it costs cash to invest in this phase. To invest in a product, you must pay each player $1 for every chip they already have on the product (ignoring the presence of foreign investor chips). Actions are taken in order, starting with the lead player, and at most one investment chip may be placed by each player.

Our Products

Product Status:
    - Martian Monster Cookie: enlightenedbum (x3), (1F)
    - Deluxe Holy Hammer: Rend (x3), (1F)
    - Limited-Edition Decoy Bicycle: lonelyahava, Rend, enlightenedbum, (1F)
    - Evil Alien Shampoo: manaleak34, (enlightenedbum), Daius, (1F)
    - The Cute Virus: Daius, Utsanomiko, (Rend), (1F)
    - Mysterious French Doll Lotion: (Utsanomiko), (1F)
    - Unsinkable Denture Bombs: (1F)
    - Sexy Sushi: (manaleak34) (x2), (1F)
    - Computer Chainsaw: (lonelyahava)
    - Scandalous Government Origami Gloves:
    - Bargain Waterproof Horseless Magnet Car:
    - Artificial Scientific Pontiff: (Daius), Utsanomiko
    - The Eco-Friendly Flying Orchestra: (Utsanomiko), Daius
    - The Invisible Cyber-Dog: lonelyahava

robotsunshine on
    edited April 2009
    Did three people deliberately not vote, or are we dealing with a lovely pile of inactives? Because seriously Robotsunshine, you're going to need something to deal with these people.

Like a gun.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rend's investment money is all tied up. Same with enlightenedbum. manaleak34 should still have two investment chips.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, my damn cookie needs to pay off.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Rend's investment money is all tied up. Same with enlightenedbum. manaleak34 should still have two investment chips.

Yes. I was unable to secretly manage my money, because it's all unsecretly tied up.

Rend on
    edited April 2009
    Investing 1 chip and $1 in the Artificial Scientific Pontif

lonelyahava on
    edited April 2009
    Question: If the Limited Edition Decoy Bicycle didn't pay out, shouldn't it have a foreign investors chip on it?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited April 2009
    Did three people deliberately not vote, or are we dealing with a lovely pile of inactives? Because seriously Robotsunshine, you're going to need something to deal with these people.

Like a gun.

As I understood it, players could decline to invest at that time.

robotsunshine on