As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF MINIATURE SECRET SANTA - 2008 Holiday Edition!

1234568»

• Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited January 2009
    CF SANTA wrote: »
    Could everybody please give a big hand to the Count of Midget Fisto, who stepped up when J's original Santa was unable to give a gift for a while due to some shitty bad luck in Real Life.

Thanks Count of Midget Fisto for giving me some more time!

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A mysterious package has arrived at my parents' house. I'll be trying to pass that way through Virginia this Thursday/Friday, so I'll see if I can pick it up.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, I'm glad that when my mother told me the mystery package 'rattles when I shake it,' I told her, 'don't do that!' because inside was a nicely painted carnifex, kroot, space marines, and a White Dwarf Presents the: Warhammer 40,000 Compendium, circa 1989. :lol:

Definitely worth the wait. Thanks much Zellpher.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not a problem, glad you liked it! sorry about the wait and all.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Secret Santa pictures finally in!

I hate my Santa. "Why is this, Wildcat?" I hear you ask. It is because I made a throwaway comment about possibly starting a Guard army at some point, and THIS IS WHAT I GOT:

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

What an absolutely awesome Commissar! Now I have to start a Guard force so that he has someone to execute. :(

Edit: here's another picture taken by Santa himself, which is a lot clearer:

52f9a7c9_Gaurdcomplete.jpg

BUT! Not only did I get that, I also received a lovely hardback version of Dan Abnett's 'Titanicus':

012a.jpg

So thank you very much, Santa!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Confirm package arrival.

EDIT: OR, thank you, you awesome bastard who sent me the two boxes of aspect warriors.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You are most welcome, MS! Consider that a down payment to tide you over until your REAL Santa delivers his gift! :D

By my count, that leaves Mortal Sky's replacement Santa, who is working away as we speak. J, your apology gift has arrived and will be sent out later this week.

CF SANTA on
    santasig.jpg
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Raaaad.

J on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    CF SANTA wrote: »
    You are most welcome, MS! Consider that a down payment to tide you over until your REAL Santa delivers his gift! :D

By my count, that leaves Mortal Sky's replacement Santa, who is working away as we speak. J, your apology gift has arrived and will be sent out later this week.
    Two gifts? Holy fucking shit I love you CF Santa.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mortal Sky, I apologize for not shipping out your surrogate gift earlier. However the appropriate retailers have been contacted and you have some Eldar goodness en route!

They needed a last name and since I only have your Penny-Arcade name it is being shiped to an "M. Springfield". I just used your city name as your last name, so don't be afraid of the box!

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Santa, this apology gift, did it get bounced? I've been having hell with our post recently, namely packages being taken back to the depo with no card left to actually tell me!

J on
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OK, so maybe 'later this week' actually means 'tomorrow', but you get the idea

:oops:

CF SANTA on
    santasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That is a relief, I may just pm you my work address when I get home then. Already had pc parts sent back to the shop because of failure postmen. :E

J on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Fire Prism GET. Not too shabby. Gives some extra flexibility for against heavy armor and swarms, which is always nice for Eldar.

EDIT:I wonder, what if I get a gift from my actual assigned santa, too? Probably a pipe dream, but whatever.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mortal Sky, glad you like the gift. I figured I'd get you a vehicle on your wish list since the other surrogate was getting you some mens. That whay you'd have both to put together.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So I just realized that, having looked at the stats for the Fire Prism in ages, the focussed shot fires in a small blast. I love this thing already.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I finally got around to up loading the pics from my cell phone. But this is what I sent to my Santee. I took these pics with my cell phone on the way to the post office to sent it out. Sorry for the poor quality.
    1024081724.jpg

1024081724a.jpg

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work on something Chaos. It was a lot of fun.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh man that is Bad Ass.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So arrived back from my lass' house last night and on my desk sits a rather spangly looking red box. This cannot contain my new shiny things for my ears. Nor the book I ordered. So what was in it.

None other than a shiny new fucking hellblade from forgeworld, holy shit. Wildcat you glorious fuck. You totally made my weekend. I'll be sure to parade pics in the art thread once its got some paint on it. Currently drying out post wash. Ready for a blast of black tommorow evening!

J on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think I said it before but thanks to our mysterious Santa for organizing this whole thing! It's been fun as always and I look forward to the next

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You're welcome, J! I hope you like the message too - they seem to be becoming a tradition between us. :P

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh yes! Hellemar will soon be reaping the skies Verifthrex Alpha.

J on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Santa for organizing everything. I'm looking forward to the summer secret santa.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just wondering, would it be appropriate to unsticky this thread now?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think one person is still waiting, believe it or not.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Will there be a summer one?

J on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There should be.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Santa tells me he may well organise a summer event to commence in May.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The sooner the better I think!

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
This discussion has been closed.