As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guitar Hero II: Teams

HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in PAX Archive
I was just playing the Bass on GHII, when it hits me. Why not have a Guitar Hero II team tournament? I like to play the bass on some of the songs, and on others lead. I'm sure there's a few who agree with me.

Highfire on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Highfire wrote:
    I was just playing the Bass on GHII, when it hits me. Why not have a Guitar Hero II team tournament? I like to play the bass on some of the songs, and on others lead. I'm sure there's a few who agree with me.
    well, there was a gh1 tourney in 06, so it could happen.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    I actually think this is a cool idea.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What if you combined this idea with Stifin's? (other thread. I love both ideas) Have the teams play in the tourney up until the semi-finals or something and then have the rest on stage.

Jerkfish on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Jerkfish wrote:
    What if you combined this idea with Stifin's? (other thread. I love both ideas) Have the teams play in the tourney up until the semi-finals or something and then have the rest on stage.

And then as well, the winning team plays against Khoo and Tycho.

How about it Khoo?

Highfire on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Highfire wrote:
    Jerkfish wrote:

How about it Khoo?

Why not have them in the tourney as well...? :P

The one thing I dislike about this idea, however, is that it's not directly competitive. It's just a big scoreboard, basically. Though, I dunno how they'd do a four-player mulitplayer Guitar Hero...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Legacy wrote:
    Highfire wrote:
    Jerkfish wrote:

How about it Khoo?

Why not have them in the tourney as well...? :P

The one thing I dislike about this idea, however, is that it's not directly competitive. It's just a big scoreboard, basically. Though, I dunno how they'd do a four-player mulitplayer Guitar Hero...

Two teams play the same song, and the team with highest score moves on to next round.

edit: Have both team play at the same time.

Highfire on
  • Options
    StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Having both teams play at the same time sounds good at first, but then you need to remember, the GHII will be turned up so everyone can hear, and its going to get pretty damn confusing for both the audience and the players to hear the same song not-quite-synched. especially if they miss different notes.

But I like the idea of a co-op tourney. And totally love Highfire's idea of having the concert finish with a face-off with Khoo and Tycho.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    definitely my biggest issue with the tourney last year was that i couldn't hear the song. maybe a system with headphones could work, atleast for the qualifying rounds.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd be all over that tourney!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd sooo love to get in on that tourney! I want a Karaoke Revolution one too however, since I missed the one in 05'.

I was sad :( Thats what I get for not finding out about PAX sooner.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If there is a Guitar Hero II singles tournament as well, I'll be fine. I'm really good at the game, but I don't have a partner I play co-op with regularly. (In fact, I've only done co-op twice now. :\)

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'd sooo love to get in on that tourney! I want a Karaoke Revolution one too however, since I missed the one in 05'.

i think that tourney taught us that a karaoke rev. tourney is a bad idea. some of those people were REALLY crappy singers.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

i think that tourney taught us that a karaoke rev. tourney is a bad idea. some of those people were REALLY crappy singers.

But it's such a FUN game! Theres nothing like making fun of your huge burly guy friends mercilessly as they belt out wind beneath my wings.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

But it's such a FUN game! Theres nothing like making fun of your huge burly guy friends mercilessly as they belt out wind beneath my wings.
    i think those huge, burly guys friends must really be faeries in disguise:lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.