As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] It was the best of times- It was the WAAAAGH of times. <<Closed>>

1565758596062»

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That would be glorious. And the starting zone explains this by have you switching allegiences like every five quests.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hope so, though all the existing Destruction and Order armies are of a distinct sub-faction, particularly Chaos. I don't see any reason for skaven not to break from this, though, as they aren't built to function separately.

I bet Mythic will make their own warlord clan and have two or three careers be hired out from the Great Clans. Really, there just needs to be a warlock engineer so I don't have to kill fools.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I must admit, warplock jezzails or Eshin assassins make me giddy.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The first additional classes should be Dogs Of War. Then mythic can add any fun class they want without focusing on new pairings. Then order isn't saddled with more elves or more humans or fat reptiles.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hazywater wrote: »
    The first additional classes should be Dogs Of War. Then mythic can add any fun class they want without focusing on new pairings. Then order isn't saddled with more elves or more humans or fat reptiles.

...What's left to saddle them with, then?

Kazaka on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Right, so I've decided I'll give this a go on a more casual basis in the next couple of weeks. Are there any EU guilds/servers with people around for me to show up on and just hang around?

Junpei on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hazywater wrote: »

Fat... reptiles...

http://www.ilimburg.nl/~tactica/assets/pics/lizardmen_carnosaurus_1.jpg

Giant lizard riding on the back of a giant lizard. What's not to like?

Mr.Sunshine on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PILL wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »
    As I stated earlier, being a rank 32 WH in a t4 AoE spamfest is fun. Like, "having-a-40-pound-weight-dropped-on-your-balls" kind of fun.

I really hope the stat change makes my survivability more feasible, otherwise I'm eschewing renown grinding and I'm just going to try to grind PvE to get to 40 and worry about renown later.

Or I'll just shelve the WH and play my characters only to high t3 until t4 gets better.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really get a whole lot better. My main is a 40/49 WL, and I was getting constantly shredded by GTAOE's (not to mention 4K crits from word of pain). I should mention that this is while in organized guild groups with consistent healing. I was basically reduced to pouncing into the destro zerg as close as possible to as many sorcs as possible and using echoing roar to stop the channel on their PoS. Doing this, I could usually open things up for other order melees to advance, but I would die 100% of the time even with focus heals from 2 healers.

Melees are at what feels like an insurmountable disadvantage in any kind of T4 rvr. In my experience this is mainly because RDPS become more and more powerful the more of them are present because they can focus fire, while numerous MDPS only become more vulnerable to AoE if they try to focus on a single target.

MDPS need detaunt immunity or something to distinguish them and give them an advantage over RPDS, because it just isn't fair for ranged AoE attacks to do (way) more damage than single target melee attacks. The traditional role of melees as being more sturdy than their ranged counterparts as compensation for lack of range simply isn't the case due to the resist nerfs.

I definately die a lot but when I pounce into the middle of a pack of destro I kind of expect that. I also usually either mess up most of those destro pretty badly before dieing or mess up those destro pretty badly and kill one or two before dieing.

I look upon most sorcs as easy renown. Pounce+Echoing Roar+ a few slashing blades is usually enough for me to kill most sorcs if I have decent support. The only time it's not is if they're getting focus healed in which case of course they're not going to die. The only time I cringe at seeing sorcs is in keep/fort takes (for obvious reasons :P ).

My advice would be to get your wounds over 7k and get your other survival stats to a decent level if you haven't already. I used to focus on just strength but I started focusing more on my survival stats a few weeks ago and it's made a noticable difference. I still die quite a bit but I usually view it as my fault for doing something suicidal as opposed to any other class being better than mine.

HappylilElf on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    what if skaven and chaos dwarves made up a 3rd faction? who else could join them to make it 3? another norse clan that followed a different god?

Feldorn on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    praag must have the worst destruction. I know order out number us there but even in scenarios we get rolled on over and over.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They wont be making a 3rd faction, they might do what they did with minotaurs in Daoc and release a race taht works for both realms. I could see Ogres fitting the bill here since they are used in both area's. Also as expansion races i could see skaven and lizardmen being the first inclusion.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited April 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    They wont be making a 3rd faction, they might do what they did with minotaurs in Daoc and release a race taht works for both realms. I could see Ogres fitting the bill here since they are used in both area's. Also as expansion races i could see skaven and lizardmen being the first inclusion.

Weirdness of having Order allied with Lizardmen, that whole scenario makes the most sense.

Having Ogres on both sides would be aweosme though, and easily differentiated by silhouette.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    Despite playing shaman a second time, I'm enjoying it immensely. I think I'm just hooked on healing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE WITH MEEEE

tyrannus on
    edited April 2009
    You're like a shitty bodyguard. Instead of bullets, you leap in the way of my heals.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    look ,if I see someone chasing you, I unload on them. if they are not dead I shrug and laugh at you

tyrannus on
    edited April 2009
    On next week's episode, Rorus Raz has a big inspection coming up at work. He's postponing everything to make sure he gets 110%...including his own birthday party! Too bad tyrannus is determined to show his buddy the Vegas night of his life - and they live in New York! Can he make it back in time? More wacky hijinks are in store!

They've got nothing in common
    That's how they get alooooong~

liEt3nH.png
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    praag must have the worst destruction. I know order out number us there but even in scenarios we get rolled on over and over.

Dark Crag Destruction might give them a run for their money.

chasehatesbears on
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dark Crag Destruction might give them a run for their money.

I resent that.

There's no way we'd give them a run for their money. We're so fucking terrible we'd blow Praag destro out of the water in a shittiness contest.

I had a Phoenix Gate scenario today on my sorc, and there were three Chosen in my group. Not one of the chucklefucks went after the archmages or the runepriest. They went straight for the KotBS and the Slayers, and got nuked down for their troubles. Also, we sat on our asses and didn't bother to scratch up a decent plan to take the Order flag. Unsurprisingly, we lost.

Oh well.

Havelock on
    edited April 2009

Really? What tier? Usually whenever I log on to roll tier 4, Destro is owning face and farming the shit out of Order in scenarios.

Havelock on
    edited April 2009
    Iron Rock is straight outta the running here. I generally win at least one scenario a session.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just had my first "omg wtf RoF!?!?!?" rage moment.

Highpass Cemetary, got murdered three times with coordinated casts.

What gets me is, it wasn't in a chokepoint or anything. It was out in the open, and I'd move as soon it was cast, but it didn't matter. I was fucked.

chasehatesbears on
    edited April 2009
    I just had my first "omg wtf RoF!?!?!?" rage moment.

Highpass Cemetary, got murdered three times with coordinated casts.

What gets me is, it wasn't in a chokepoint or anything. It was out in the open, and I'd move as soon it was cast, but it didn't matter. I was fucked.

Yeah, I got fucked over today when I was in a WB trying for Spite's. There were about a handful of rank 30 order inside the keep, and we had doors down and were out on the pad to pull the lord out and get him, and everything was going fine until I saw the animation for RoF and said so in WB chat. Few seconds later everyone (including myself) on the outer pad wiped. Turns out Order had a 31 BW.

[insert comment about hating tier 3 fucktards coming into t2]

In a funny way, the leader of the WB wanted us (with half a WB) to rush the keep again, stating that if we all zerged "those guys will never stand a chance". At that point, I think everyone left the WB.

Havelock on
    edited April 2009
    I really hate winning 2v3 or 2v4 only to watch the tendrils of drool go down our team's mouths as they can't take a single point while we duo one.

I don't even know how a Sorc does 2,000 damage for a whole game.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2009
    [WAR] We clean up blood with a ShamWAAAAAGHHH! :
    Unread Today, 11:49 PM
    Today 11:48 PM
    New Thread is up.

liEt3nH.png
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    [WAR] We clean up blood with a ShamWAAAAAGHHH! :
    Unread Today, 11:49 PM
    Today 11:48 PM
    New Thread is up.

I was tabbed browsing. I clicked submit on the one tab, posted that in the next, went back to the first and it got stuck, had to refresh.

By which I mean shut your filthy face, I spent time and effort to make good OP and you want to bicker that it comes up 30 seconds late.

No moar postings in this here thread.

Lucky Cynic on
This discussion has been closed.