As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monsterpocalypse] From days of long ago...

PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Critical Failures
Oh.

Oh my.

AWESOME. :D

http://www.monsterpocalypse.com/from-days-of-long-ago

(Careful with the link, there's music there... It's worth having open while reading this, though, for thematic purposes.)
Privateer Press Announces VOLTRON: Defender of the universe Edition of MONSTERPOCALYPSE

Seattle WA. April 13th, 2009—Privateer Press, Inc. and World Event Productions, Ltd. are proud to announce an agreement giving Privateer Press rights to license the widely popular Voltron Defender of the Universe for Privateer’s hit collectible miniatures game Monsterpocalypse. The new set is expected to release in early 2010 and will feature iconic characters from the classic Voltron animated series.

Matt Wilson, Privateer Press’ Chief Creative Officer and Monsterpocalypse creator, said about the agreement, “Monsterpocalypse was created with the goal of being able to feature guest stars from our favorite films and TV shows that have done so much to inspire the creation of the game. Along with millions of other fans since Voltron hit our airwaves in the 80s, we at Privateer have all been in love with that indomitable Defender of the Universe, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to see Voltron as the very first media celebrity to be featured in Monsterpocalypse.”

Tiffany Ilardi, Managing Director of World Events, added, “WEP is excited to bring fans of both Monsterpocalypse and Voltron together exclusively to further immerse themselves in the mythology and magic of Voltron. It’s a perfect fit.”

Jeremy Corray, Creative Director for WEP and head geek, concluded, “Privateer Press’ passion for play and devotion to detail will deliver, for the first time ever, a Voltron-themed tabletop game that will allow anyone behind the Lion to ‘Form Blazing Sword’ on wild new Robeast creations that fit perfectly in the Monsterpocalypse world. We can’t wait!”

The announcement comes as Voltron celebrates its 25th anniversary as a global animated icon and the brand builds towards new entertainment announcements, including a big-budget live-action movie on the scale of Transformers. Join the celebration at www.voltron.com

More information regarding pricing and release dates, as well as news regarding the Monsterpocalypse: Voltron set, will be announced as it becomes available on www.monsterpocalypse.com.

persona4celestia.jpg
COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
PMAvers on

• Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't even play this game, but I must play it now.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    And I'll form the Head!

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wonder what Hyper- and Mega-Voltron will look like.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so going to be playing MPAC now. Now, only to con some friends into joining me and playing lamer factions...

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so going to be playing MPAC now. Now, only to con some friends into joining me and playing lamer factions...

What's wrong with "Voltron vs Fake Impostor Voltron (But who's really the impostor?!)"?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What is cooler than Voltron versus Cthulhu? Nothing. That's what.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Matt Wilson is the fucking dude, and Privateer Press kicks ass. Iron Kingdoms was a great, well thought out, and interesting setting, that was almost misplaced in time. It was like one of those 2e setting books where you just read stuff, and smile, but most people just don't care.

That might have just been me.

piL on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmm... this is interesting. I do have some Monsterpocalypse, but no one to play them with around here. But... Voltron? Color me interested.

Darian on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Series 3 to be delayed by Department of Homeland Security.
    Linky
    MONSTERPOCALYPSE SERIES 3: ALL YOUR BASE STRATEGY GUIDE FLAGGED BY HOMELAND SECURITY
    Bellevue WA July 21, 2009—Privateer Press reports that the release of the Monsterpocalypse Series 3: All Your Base Strategy Guide for the Monsterpocalypse collectible miniatures game will be delayed due to national security concerns.

Homeland Security pulled the shipment for an intensive examination last week when it arrived in the United States. While no comment was made to the nature of the investigation, several crew members within Privateer Press believe the government became concerned over some of the more radical ideals espoused by several factions within the Monsterpocalypse game.

Privateer Press Chief Creative Officer Matt Wilson said of the investigation, “Privateer Press would like to extend its complete support to the men and women who defend our national security on a daily basis. However, I am confident that the investigation’s outcome will reaffirm the rights of free speech and protest of the radical environmental group Green Fury at the perceived devastation man is having on our planet as well as the freedom of people to practice religion without governmental oversight—even those religions which may very well bring forth the minions of the ancient Lords of Cthul.”

For more information and updates on this and other Monsterpocalypse news visit www.monsterpocalypse.com.

see317 on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've always been curious of this game, cause come on - Cthulhu + Monster Movies + Kaiju Big Battel = awesome. How does it play, how many figures do you actually need, etc? If the investment is light, I could probably convince some of my regular gamers to try it out.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    krylon666 wrote: »
    I've always been curious of this game, cause come on - Cthulhu + Monster Movies + Kaiju Big Battel = awesome. How does it play, how many figures do you actually need, etc? If the investment is light, I could probably convince some of my regular gamers to try it out.

You can play with a starter and two unit boosters each; that's what we had for the sealed tournaments at Charcon when I was playing this. After the initial play (and go ahead and ignore the rule about paying extra for units that don't share a faction with your monster), then you can trade units around to make some more balanced teams.

A full game takes about 45 minutes if I recall correctly; you generally alternate unit turns and monster turns, with the units taking actions that earn bonus dice for the monster, who then uses that power to unleash powerful attacks on its turn. Basically, the units try to control locations (buildings and specific power spots), while the monster charges around bashing its way through skyscrapers trying to get to the other big monster it sees on the other side of the map. An interactive Godzilla movie.

Darian on