As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    that is a thing which is basically unheard of (does anybody in the guild still run heroics or are you guys past that point)

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hoooray. more melee plate!

planetes42 on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We still run everything, we are very casual.

RedDawn on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    i just joined a vault 25 and got the pve gloves and pvp chest

nobody tell wavechaser

(i enjoy this server)

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    to quote the great Sarah Kerrigan: GOOD LUCK, JIM!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It warms my heart to see that some people are still so enthusiastic about this game.

I've honestly been thinking about making my own ret paladin, just to mess around with it a bit. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wish I could be more enthusiastic...grad school is overrated.

I figure by June I should be able to play for long periods of time again.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • msh1283msh1283 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ugh...vehement fervor against resubscribing starting to wane. Not good. Must resist.

msh1283 on
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh if you're wondering, I'm out of town. But yeah, I'll be home soon enough!

donhonk on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so in a about a month I'm planning on resubbing for the summer but getting the battle chest since it'll be cheaper than buying BC + 1month would anybody here be will to do RaF around that time and helping me get a toon up to 60 fairly quickly?

Ohtsam on
    edited April 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    so in a about a month I'm planning on resubbing for the summer but getting the battle chest since it'll be cheaper than buying BC + 1month would anybody here be will to do RaF around that time and helping me get a toon up to 60 fairly quickly?

For RAF do I need to be on for you to get the exp bonus? If not then I would be more than happy to do it. If I need to be around I don't know if I would be around enough. :P

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »

For RAF do I need to be on for you to get the exp bonus? If not then I would be more than happy to do it. If I need to be around I don't know if I would be around enough. :P

Yeah, you would need to be around.

SteevL on
  • CelifulCeliful Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'd be willing to help, it'd be fun to get another char up to 60 :)

Celiful on
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

i'm down too... i'd love to do the RAF...

AIM is Darhgo if you want to talk about it sometime, or just PM me.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    heyyyyy, hey hey.

i hate my current server and my current guild.

but i'm hesitant to transfer from a PvP server to a PVE server. Would i ever be able to transfer back to a PvP server?

ObjectZero on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ObjectZero wrote: »
    heyyyyy, hey hey.

i hate my current server and my current guild.

but i'm hesitant to transfer from a PvP server to a PVE server. Would i ever be able to transfer back to a PvP server?

yeah they removed that restriction a long time ago

Ohtsam on
    edited April 2009
    werd

ObjectZero on
    edited April 2009
    Go for it, Zero. There are still plenty of PvP options on Draenor, and it'll totally be worth it to play with people that are fun, friendly, and helpful. Nothing ruins WoW quicker than a shitty guild.

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2009
    i made an alt there, i just realized it is a west coast server. I'm east coast, so raid times may get a little late for my blood

ObjectZero on
    edited April 2009
    We've been raiding at 5 PM server time up until today. Last weekend we decided to switch to an earlier 3 PM server time. Still, we only raid once a week, and Sunday seems to be the best time for most of us.

SteevL on
  • Neb54Neb54 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    How are you guys set for tanks and/or ranged dps?

I'm considering transferring my paladin over and joining up with you but I've also been thinking about just rerolling as a warlock or possibly a mage.

Neb54 on
    edited April 2009
    Neb, play whatever you want. As long as you play it with us. The most important thing is to have a fair amount of active, helpful, friendly players available. Class choices are secondary.

If you don't want to go through re-rolling, we could always use another high lvl pally. If you're interested in playing a warlock, we do have the fewest amount of those in the guild, only one of which is lvl 80. Just go w/ whatever you will enjoy the most. (and hopefully play well)

Saint Justice on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do you guys have many Oceanic players, or players with weird hours?

Got sucked back in, and now I'm contemplating the difficulty of actually getting groups for things. I'm a really casual player in that I can't really commit to any times, but it'd be nice to be able to run instances with some decent PA folk.

devoir on
  • Neb54Neb54 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I made myself a lock on Draenor and got to level 6 last night. Her name is Lillake. I never knew how much fun warlocks are to play :D

Neb54 on
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i'm on at all times, day, night whenever, as my schedule rotates... my main is getting up there, but i've got some low level alts, and i love running instances!

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
    edited April 2009
    Devoir, join /PA and I can get you an invite, People are on at all sorts of time during the day and night!

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2009
    God, what have I done?!

I had been contemplating rolling a pally alt, and late last week I finally went ahead and did so. I already had the heirloom axe which I had purchased to level a warrior, so I sent that as well as the heirloom shoulders and started rockin'.

Holy crap is this a blast. I can't even believe how bad I wreck shit with this guy. Got him to level 18 over the weekend, so might be looking for someone to get me into the guild. :P

Toxic Pickle on
    edited April 2009
    "Failed to apply Patch" Son of a bitch. Can't seem to go from 3.09 to 3.1 even though I already downloaded the thing. What gives?

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2009
    Might be a corrupt copy or something? I dunno. I totally didn't think about trying to patch my game this morning before work, so I dunno if I'll have the same problem.

I'm at work now, and on this system I can't run the background patcher, which means I'm having to download the entire 740MB through Bliz's shitty torrent. Ugh!

Not that it matters I guess, since the servers will probably be down for the better part of the day. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Might be a corrupt copy or something? I dunno. I totally didn't think about trying to patch my game this morning before work, so I dunno if I'll have the same problem.

I'm at work now, and on this system I can't run the background patcher, which means I'm having to download the entire 740MB through Bliz's shitty torrent. Ugh!

Not that it matters I guess, since the servers will probably be down for the better part of the day. :P

Take this time and grab your addons now. Cause the only thing going down harder then the servers tonight is Curse.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Take this time and grab your addons now. Cause the only thing going down harder then the servers tonight is Curse.

And your mom.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited April 2009
    OH SNAP!

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2009
    Unfortunately I can't get addons at work either, due to firewall issues. But hopefully the stupid Curse client I have on my PC at home will get them as soon as they're available and before the after work crowd completely brings down their servers.

...and your mom, or something.

Toxic Pickle on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

And your mom.

Which would make it a fairly normal Tuesday for her.

Thomamelas on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is the new patch tonight?

By the way -- I get married in 10 day!!!

(in before Thoma says 'run')

planetes42 on
    edited April 2009
    planetes42 wrote: »

Patch was yesterday.

Congrats!
    Run!

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited April 2009
    planetes42 wrote: »

It's not too late. :lol:

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, today is Wednesday dude. Patch day is Tuesday. Always. :P

I logged in briefly to peek around... discovered that I had to pay 1k gold for dual-spec and suddenly it lost its appeal. Upped the graphics options and all that, didn't notice much of a difference (but I didn't really go anywhere or fight anything, so maybe that's why).

I may end up buying dual-spec eventually, but not entirely sure if I want to commit the gold for that, or if it'd be better to hold out for a bit and see if I like my paladin better. Obviously he's a long way from raiding though, so if we're going to try for some Ulduar I'll have to do it as a Druid. I'm kinda hoping that going back to feral to try out the new Argent Tournament will bring back some excitement for the game, which lately is all but gone from me. :(

Toxic Pickle on
    edited April 2009
    New patch was yesterday, man! Which means things should actually be playable by tonight.

edit: beaten, but that's because I'm at work :P

SteevL on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just rejoined the game, and my main is on Draenor, so I'll see if I can get a hold of somebody. Definitely interested in joining up here.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.