As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damn, just spent all my ap whacking a zombie at Stark and forgot to save ap to move back down to ledward.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bloody hell, I died again. I'm not even sure how, I could have sworn I was in my safe house at the school...

Sceptre on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I've been clawin and biting for a couple days now, and I have to say, being a zombie operative for the WANG coalition is quite fun, though I miss my Doctors more, useful abilities. 30 more exp and I suddenly won't care about death so much : )

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I am kinda curious what skill to get my guy next. I started as a fireman and grabbed the melee boosting skill and free running so far. I am thinking either construction or some kind of healing skill.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Construction would help with the immediate break-ins quite a bit. Diagnosis is also pretty nice, helps with getting XP, but is less immediately useful to the group.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I brought my doc to scarlet, I already revived 1 WANGer down by the hospitals and have 3 syringe left but i'm out of AP now, I'll try to get to the revive point later.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just be sure not to rez blindly. We've got at least 1 rotter hanging around, and I'd be very surprised if there weren't a few more.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just be sure not to rez blindly. We've got at least 1 rotter hanging around, and I'd be very surprised if there weren't a few more.

Yeah I always scan, mostly for the xp.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I finally got construction, but I'm having a hell of a time getting a tool box. I need those to repair those buildings, right?

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Correct

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Excellent. I got a new mission now.

Find a toolbox while making sure my balls aren't eaten by zombies! Huzzah!

EDIT: They've razed the whole fucking area. I spent 50 AP just trying to find a factory that didn't have its shit ruined, and even when I could find it, there wasn't a way in because some stupid ass EHB'ed it without an entry point. Ass.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I can find a toolbox in an autorepair shop right?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Club Cort is repaired and VSB for any survivors who can't get into the school or Stark. One WANGer revived at the rev point.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BeoulveBeoulve Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm currently over at Wray Heights hoarding syringes. Aiming to get around 20 syringes, which will probably take me another 2 days to get back to Stark and start reviving again.

Beoulve on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Neil Carslake just killed me in the wang building. he was a zombie at the time but wtf mate you're a member of our group.

I'm infact going to kill him when I see him because of this.

edit: Kajusta you're on my list dick

Grath on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)
    # The zombie grabbed hold of you! (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again.
    # You were killed by a zombie. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)

That was all him it wasn't even like an accidental thing

Grath on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Who the hell powered Cort when St. Spyridon's is only a day away from being repaired?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks Digitalwolfe! Won't be standing up till I get some more AP.

urahonky on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay, just got back from my medical supplies run, I revived Tommy2Hands and Grath Mcgrath. I'll get a couple more when I have the AP.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grath, do you not have Ankle Grab?

You had something like 23 hp, and there were about 6 other zombies in there along with me so I figured it would be better for me to at least take the exp, rather than someone else get it.

No need to put me on your "list", it's not like I pked you or something, I was just taking advantage of the situation is all.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Who the hell powered Cort when St. Spyridon's is only a day away from being repaired?

Me. I wanted to repair it so there'd be a VSB building near Stark. Since Stark is VHB now.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Also, if you guys see me shambling anywhere go ahead and kill me, death isn't really a much of a problem when you are a zombie and the 1 ap I'd spend standing up is worth it for someone to get 60+ experience.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    Also, if you guys see me shambling anywhere go ahead and kill me, death isn't really a much of a problem when you are a zombie and the 1 ap I'd spend standing up is worth it for someone to get 60+ experience.

Ankle Grab was the second skill my Zombie took. I am at 10 deaths on that guy, and I haven't died once since taking it.

Seg on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    No need to put me on your "list", it's not like I pked you or something, I was just taking advantage of the situation is all.

You couldn't have just posted in the thread about the situation, and he might've seen it and gotten to safety?

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, guys, please don't kill each other. Not everyone has super cool zombie skills (I know I don't).

Also
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »

Me. I wanted to repair it so there'd be a VSB building near Stark. Since Stark is VHB now.

Powering Cort has nothing to do with repairing it. It's not like it's more safe now. It would have been better to set it up in one of the hospitals so it would be easier to search for FAK's. There isn't really a good reason to have a generator in Cort unless we decide to put a radio transmitter there.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Club Cort had to be powered so that it could be repaired, actually. Night clubs are too dark inside to be repaired apparently.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Golf153, Club Cort has a zombie in it and he will probably eat you. I got him to 41 HP.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Club Cort had to be powered so that it could be repaired, actually. Night clubs are too dark inside to be repaired apparently.

Huh? I've read nothing that says that on the wiki...

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    St.Tele's hospital is falling again, 10zed and 3 people inside.
    The other one is still down.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I've been just kinda laying on the street, waiting for the whole situation to blow over before standing up as a zed. Would now be a good time to start getting back into the thick of things?

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Dark Buildings. Banks, Cinemas, Clubs and Fort Armouries are the only buildings affected.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've forgotten how tense this game can be. There I was, hauling ass towards the Stark Building. It's a long trip from Ruddlebank, but I figured that I should be able to make it about half way before running out of action points. I dart into buildings, free run as far as I can, enter the streets again, you know, haul ass. Eventually I found myself in an extremely heavily barricaded building with 10 action points left. A shame to waste them, so I make one final sprint to get a bit further.

Things quickly became desperate as I couldn't find a single bloody building that I could enter. My action points ran out, and given I've got brain rot, dying would be a tremendous annoyance after my earlier luck in even getting revivified. I log out, resigned to being unable to help in the war effort due to being careless. Still, action points regenerate, right? Might as well log back in half an hour later and see if I'm alive.

Lo and behold, I was! Checking the suburb map, I find the nearest building I can get to. 2 action points are needed. Longest half an hour in a while, let me tell you. Still, I'm now chilling in the Egbert General Hospital, and should be helping you all out in a day or two. Fingers crossed, anyway. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got hurt again, fucking dark buildings. Any of you guys in the school want some XP heal Williard Anderson, I've got 37 HP.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Dark Buildings. Banks, Cinemas, Clubs and Fort Armouries are the only buildings affected.

Ok, I stand corrected, that does exist.

Couldn't we have used Horsington Grove School temporarily instead?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got Free Running finally (HtH makes a massive difference in getting those XP... ). No support skills to speak of, but it sounds like the hunting down there might be pretty good.

Lawrence, you up for a run south or are you still building up your XP? I can go either way - I'll wait until you're ready to head out to go. I need to build my AP back up first anyway, down to 0 right now.

I'll chop and you can make sure we live, deal? :)

Killer Avacado on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)
    # The zombie grabbed hold of you! (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again.
    # You were killed by a zombie. (12 hours and 34 minutes ago)

That was all him it wasn't even like an accidental thing

I've attacked zombies that appear nameless to me as a zombie before. One instance was when Stark was buggered and there was one PA'er inside (think it was urahonky) and four zombies so I chewed one down to death in the hope of saving poor PA'er in anyway I could.

edit:

Also I'm in the cemetary outside the Sealey NecroTech building. Nothing useful on me except first aid kits and weapons to protect us but I have all the survivor skills and can be a dedicated reviver for a while.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just as I got to the Seally building, a zed broke the 'cades and started munching on dudes. I grabbed some syringes, but I've been out of ammo for a while so I just slapped a few times then fled.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just used all my AP reviving 3 people from our group in the park and then diving into a nearby building. I used my last point to enter the building so have no idea how barricaded it is or who's there with me.

Also, if any of you are the guy I DNA extracted and then didn't revive, sorry but you didn't have a group listed so I skipped you.

Lars on
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mrh?

:(

Docken on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I revived Tom Scheider, I'll come back again when I get more AP.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
This discussion has been closed.