As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Here's something basic that I suppose I should know. Are all the zombies in the game players? If so, is there some sort of "don't hack up just any damn zombie" code that I've been breaking?

Nick Soapdish on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got Free Running finally (HtH makes a massive difference in getting those XP... ). No support skills to speak of, but it sounds like the hunting down there might be pretty good.

Lawrence, you up for a run south or are you still building up your XP? I can go either way - I'll wait until you're ready to head out to go. I need to build my AP back up first anyway, down to 0 right now.

I'll chop and you can make sure we live, deal? :)

I'm ready to go whenever. Just have to wait for Kaera and figure out where we're stopping beforehand since I have no method of talking to her outside of the game.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got Free Running finally (HtH makes a massive difference in getting those XP... ). No support skills to speak of, but it sounds like the hunting down there might be pretty good.

Lawrence, you up for a run south or are you still building up your XP? I can go either way - I'll wait until you're ready to head out to go. I need to build my AP back up first anyway, down to 0 right now.

I'll chop and you can make sure we live, deal? :)

I'm ready to go whenever. Just have to wait for Kaera and figure out where we're stopping beforehand since I have no method of talking to her outside of the game.

Right on. I generally check in mornings before leaving for work and evenings when I get home (~ 7:30 AM / 6:30 PM EST respectively). I'll keep my eyes peeled here for the signal to move out.

Killer Avacado on
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

No, I knew that a bunch of zombies are players, but I didn't know if any of the zombies were just NPCs. That was probably a better way to word that question.

Nick Soapdish on
  • OddsmakerOddsmaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    just want to say thanks to Lawrence T danials for the revive, also wondering where people are hiding out at the moment, i wont be standing up till i get some more ap but id love to have a destination when i do.

Oddsmaker on
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

No, I knew that a bunch of zombies are players, but I didn't know if any of the zombies were just NPCs. That was probably a better way to word that question.

Ohhh, no, every zombie is a player.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

Zombies who are in graveyards or designated revive points (RP) mostly want a revive. Avoid attacking those ones. Most other Zombies are fair game as it is tough to tell them apart from others. Occasionally a zombie with Brain Rot will show up in a GY/RP, if you can identify a Zombie with brain rot in a RP then go ahead and attack it. Unless they are inside a powered up NT building they just waste syringes.

Seg on
    edited April 2009
    Ok, yeah, I picked up on that graveyards = revive points, so I didn't do anything stupid there. I did read most of this thread before asking obvious questions -- but it's 95 pages, so I'll admit to poorly skimming a lot of it.

Made it to West Grayside, almost there...

Nick Soapdish on
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay, I made my way up to Woodroffe Mall and am now well equipped with ammo. I'll be grabbing some FAK's and working my way back to Stark this evening after I get some AP back.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just screwed myself over reviving people again, so I think I may be dead in Ledward. Again.

Fencingsax on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm still alive, I closed the doors to stark(which potentially might not do shit), got the top(of 2) zombie down to 36 before having to jump over to the school. My main goal is to stay alive at the moment so that I can revive people this time.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate statistics. I started as a firefighter a couple days ago. I had 12 action points and I'm outside a building that I can enter with 1 zombie in that square. I swing 11 times with my axe. Total hits...0.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    25% per swing, not to mention there probably being some kind of Dodge/Miss mechanic for all characters.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    thanks, lawrence t. daniels. So, where's our temporary safe point? that non free-runners can get into? st. tele's was in extreme danger last time I was over there.

dojango on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The one I tried to build is currently occupied my zombies.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arthil wrote: »
    25% per swing, not to mention there probably being some kind of Dodge/Miss mechanic for all characters.

I know and that's why I hate statistics. I understand that I could miss 100 times and that my chance to hit was still 25% on each individual swing and I would just have been unlucky.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So since I got revived by Lawrence T Daniels (if you're a P-Aer, thank you!), is it possible to just pool up AP until I hit 50 and then stand up? Am I safe if I don't stand up? I do have enough Ap to get up and get into Stark, but I'd rather just pool up and go exploring a bit for items before I hole up in a building.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I;m currently ass fucked at ramsdale cinema over in Pennville..... im actually surprised i made it across 6 borders without getting turned into a zombie once...

o well time to die i guess.

btw zahariel is my name.

i have fuel and a crucifix i've the religion covered.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tommy2Hands, you're out in the open with multiple zeds in the same square! Run!

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So.. yeah, they are officially doing feeding groans outside stark to attract zeds, only 3 right now (took one out in the wasteland to the SE and started chewing on one by the door). Not sure if this means others are in the area looking for a snack, but as of 4:30 pm EST the doors of stark are closed but not secured, 17 zeds in the park, 3 outside the HQ.

Amikron Devalia on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So yeah, I'm dead outside the car repair. I'm gonna stay down awhile to increase my AP, then I'll figure out what to do.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2009
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    I;m currently ass fucked at ramsdale cinema over in Pennville..... im actually surprised i made it across 6 borders without getting turned into a zombie once...

o well time to die i guess.

btw zahariel is my name.

i have fuel and a crucifix i've the religion covered.

You're playing Zahariel? Who is playing Claire Eckersley then? They've been near the PAers lately, and spoke in-game in ways that they know me personally. I figured it was just you stalking me.

What other people do I know from the real world who stalk me in a zombie apocalypse game?

Darkewolfe on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, guys, please don't kill each other. Not everyone has super cool zombie skills (I know I don't).

Also
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Who the hell powered Cort when St. Spyridon's is only a day away from being repaired?

Me. I wanted to repair it so there'd be a VSB building near Stark. Since Stark is VHB now.

Powering Cort has nothing to do with repairing it. It's not like it's more safe now. It would have been better to set it up in one of the hospitals so it would be easier to search for FAK's. There isn't really a good reason to have a generator in Cort unless we decide to put a radio transmitter there.

as a zombie i pk'd other zombies until I got rezzed. I also have people on my list so i can avoid them in the crowd.

Grath on
    edited April 2009
    Tommy2Hands, you're out in the open with multiple zeds in the same square! Run!

Fuckkk

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Oh goody, Stark is broken into again. Was four zeds inside when I checked, hacked one of them down to like 17 HP I think.

Arthil on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the revive for Tom Scheider. How do I get rid of an 'infection'?

To be honest, I don't think my choice of cop as starting char was very sensible. Got no ammo, no melee weapons, searches always fail....

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    well, based on what i'm hearing, stark is still under frequent assault. I'm going to to fill up on as much ammo and guns as i can carry. Once I hit 100% encumbered, i'll bounce down to stark and begin the cleansing. Would be nice if we could coordinate some people to move in at the same time. Have some of'em killing, some of them ready to repair/barricade, maybe somebody with a genny. Be even better, if we could sort of rotate a guard(s) of some kind. Just a thought.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Them going after Stark is wonderful. I can free-run in, hit zombies a bunch, then move one step back over to the school. Perfect conditions for farming XP. :)

Dehumanized on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh goody, Stark is broken into again. Was four zeds inside when I checked, hacked one of them down to like 17 HP I think.

zombie'd one down to under 10hp but I didn't have very many points

Grath on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Should I fuel the generator at the school? Or will that give away our position?

urahonky on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Thanks for the revive for Tom Scheider. How do I get rid of an 'infection'?

Using a First Aid Kit (or having one used on you by another) will instantly cure it. You might want to consider starting over with a different class, though, since it sounds like you're low level and in a bad way for skills/supplies.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the revive whoever, I forgot to note it :(

Got to the school too. Gonna build up some AP.

I dunno about the generator, we might want to lay low a little bit.

Bigity on
    edited April 2009
    Hm... we got a Level 1 Scout sitting in the school, name is Maraxux, no affiliation. Is that one of you guys? Not saying we should off him otherwise, unless he does something like bring down the barricades or smash the generator.

Arthil on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It is probably a zombie spy.

Dehumanized on
    edited April 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    Should I fuel the generator at the school? Or will that give away our position?

No benefit to fueling that generator.

Darkewolfe on
  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hm... we got a Level 1 Scout sitting in the school, name is Maraxux, no affiliation. Is that one of you guys? Not saying we should off him otherwise, unless he does something like bring down the barricades or smash the generator.

Ya, sorry, that's me. Trying to heal who I can right now.

maraxus94 on
    edited April 2009
    Join the group bro :)

Bigity on
  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Join the group bro :)

Sorry, beyond searching for supplies and such I don't really know how to do much yet. Do I need an invite or something?

maraxus94 on
    edited April 2009
    Nah go into your profile, edit the settings, type 'We Are Nice Guys' into your group field. viola

Bigity on
This discussion has been closed.