As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't need this [chat] right now.

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's wierd that at this thoroughly-christian coffee-house the coffee-girl I get along best with is the preacher's daughter.

No it's not. They're usually sexually repressed and just waiting for some guy to come along and throw it in their fartbox.

I don't think it's that kind of getting along. I just have conversations with her easily.

About what? And why do you find it weird that you get along with her?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ronaldo don't you love me anymore?

We cool.

But don't get ahead of yourself.

I HATE ERRONE IN THIS DAMNED PLACE.

Because uh ... it sets the stage for my contrarian attitude and the other dumb stuff I do.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    It's wierd that at this thoroughly-christian coffee-house the coffee-girl I get along best with is the preacher's daughter.

No it's not. They're usually sexually repressed and just waiting for some guy to come along and throw it in their fartbox.

I don't think it's that kind of getting along. I just have conversations with her easily.

Usually about either hair or my production classes. And because despite never talking about it they all know I don't give a shit about Jesus and that is a problem for them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's a set-up, VC. Get out of there before they attempt an exorcism.

Or, you know, assume that she cares less about your atheism than you care about Jesus.

Bama on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

Usually about either hair or my production classes. And because despite never talking about it they all know I don't give a shit about Jesus and that is a problem for them.

I see. Well for the most part, Christians are normal people and can be easy to get along with. I'm the only Atheist in my circle of friends, and I know it doesn't really sit well with them, but they don't make a big deal out of it or anything.

I was expecting you to say that you guys talked about Christian stuff, but for some reason you just dont mind talking to her about it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?

Let's talk about something else.

Well ... I like to think that ...
    Resident%2BEvil%2B4.bmp

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Let's talk about something else.

Well ... I like to think that ...
    Resident%2BEvil%2B4.bmp
    "No, I prefer to keep the relationship professional."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You silly little athiests are just so cute.
    I want to collect you all.

Ludious on
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    "Richard Dawkins, I choose you!"

Dawkins used Reason!
    It wasn't very effective.

Bama on
    edited April 2009
    Darwin is evolving!

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hate you people

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009
    Today is a shitty ass day.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited April 2009

It's hardly my fault most of you people seem to be fucking nuts and aggressive as hell about things that have no bearing on the world in which we live.

ViolentChemistry on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »

Dawkins used Reason!

He's just like MagiKarp. If you keep putting him out there and making him use reason over and over again, eventually he'll evolve into a raging athiest douchebag.

Ludious on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    At my starbucks worked a girl that was the daughter of not one, but two preachers.

Yeah...

Yeah.
    :winky:

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »

Dawkins used Reason!

He's just like MagiKarp. If you keep putting him out there and making him use reason over and over again, eventually he'll evolve into a raging athiest douchebag.

Could be worse. He could believe in God.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited April 2009
    Darwin is evolving!

:lol:

Inquisitor on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Religious debate is so much better in [chat] because no one even pretends to be fair, logical, or kind about it.

It's a free-for-all [chat]fight and the winner is the guy who logs off first.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2009
    She was like six feet tall, too. We went on a few dates, hit a few bars and had some fun drunken makeout sessions.

But, then she decided to be all serious about her boyfriend.

Story of my life man.

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    Religious debate is so much better in [chat] because no one even pretends to be fair, logical, or kind about it.

Shut up we are talking about my failed sexual exploits now.

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009

It's hardly my fault most of you people seem to be fucking nuts and aggressive as hell about things that have no bearing on the world in which we live.

Oh please if I didn't like you guys I wouldn't hang around this place. And I'm not not aggressive and nuts about anything that doesn't matter. I like people. I'm not so much focused on where they like to stick their jibly bits or whether or not evolution is real.

I believe in God and I have faith, but I also really like the whole Jesus not being a dick to anyone thing. I try my best to you know, not be a dick. Not really.

Ludious on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Do we really have that much time?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2009

There's a pill for that.

ViolentChemistry on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Did someone say failed sexual exploits!?

Incenjucar on
    edited April 2009

Oh please if I didn't like you guys I wouldn't hang around this place. And I'm not not aggressive and nuts about anything that doesn't matter. I like people. I'm not so much focused on where they like to stick their jibly bits or whether or not evolution is real.

I believe in God and I have faith, but I also really like the whole Jesus not being a dick to anyone thing. I try my best to you know, not be a dick. Not really.

In context the only way your remark makes sense is as commentary on our apparent conviction that christians are scary.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Did someone say failed sexual exploits!?

There's not really a pill for you.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited April 2009
    Do we really have that much time?

Well played, Matthas...

My vengeance will be neither swift nor entertaining! I will mete it out over decades, so that you will wonder if the misery in your life is manifest, or the machinations of Inquisitor, or... some third thing. Good day!

Inquisitor on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I care more about telling people their beliefs are wrong.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2009

We could create a religion out of my failed sexual exploits?

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009

"Thou shalt not get to second base"

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2009
    There's not really a pill for you.

Cyanide.

Incenjucar on
    edited April 2009

If we want to buy new pants to ejaculate prematurely into everyday

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009
    No Christians ARE scarey. The ones that join Christian Students unions, or go to..rallies. Yeah. Those guys are nuts because they shut their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and yell as loud as they can about their agenda.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with religion or faith and everything to do with...small minded agendas.

Ludious on
    edited April 2009
    "Love thy neighbor, but thy neighbor is not 'in' love with thou"

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2009
    No Christians ARE scarey. The ones that join Christian Students unions, or go to..rallies. Yeah. Those guys are nuts because they shut their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and yell as loud as they can about their agenda.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with religion or faith and everything to do with...small minded agendas.

The book itself is pretty disturbing.

Fortunately most Christians never read it.

Incenjucar on
    edited April 2009
    Just make sure the pants aren't woven out of two kinds of cloth.

Bama on
    edited April 2009

Only the first half is really that disturbing. But then the first half of Fellowship of the Ring is boring as hell.

Ludious on
    edited April 2009

Only the first half is really that disturbing. But then the first half of Fellowship of the Ring is boring as hell.
    God really mellowed out after he got laid.

Bama on
    edited April 2009
    The second half is just muddled and contradictory

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009
    Only the first half is really that disturbing.

As a younger me, I could never get through revelations without having to put it down after being thoroughly creeped out.

Of course, I have a pretty different understanding of that book now.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.