As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX vs. Zombies (Pre-PAX Left 4 Dead game)

HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
Since one of the biggest games at PAX last year was the f-wordin' awesome Left 4 Dead. I was thinking that sometime soon we should try and get some PAXers together and start up an eight man versus game on the XBox 360 version of Left 4 Dead, the PC version also if needed. Come on, who wouldn't want to go kill zombies in the name of video games, drinking, and general stupidity for all?

RazorbackKing.png
Haikufrenzy on

• Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hell yeah im in

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Im down, but i play for PC

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I can't do fast-paced FPS games like that on a console, only PC, but it would still be fun!

It would be cool to get some people to "cosplay" as characters/zombies from the game and act stuff out around the con, kinda like this hunter and witch I saw at Sakura-Con yesterday.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I play that on PC here and there.. though I never get to play Vs as often.. and I sorta suck.. but is so fun.

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm game (on PC).

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am on PC and I am in the PAX forumers Steam group. You other PC dudes should join the group by
    contacting one of the group admins. They will let you in.

I am not in the BYOC, but I can play from hotel room.

Oh and I host a Left 4 Dead podcast known as The Safe House.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I play on 360 so feel free to msg me to play. I am sick of the halotards that are on there and just jack around to the point I might sell my copy unless we can get some cool people to play with.

Gamertag: Shikoku88Henro

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    I play on 360 so feel free to msg me to play. I am sick of the halotards that are on there and just jack around to the point I might sell my copy unless we can get some cool people to play with.

Gamertag: Shikoku88Henro

Sent you the friend invite, I have a feeling you'll love playing with my usual crew of cronies. None of them really frequent these forums (Least I don't think they do...) but I'd like to think we're probably going to be right up your alley.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am def looking forward to this since as it stands I have to put up with crap like people who don't know to shotgun the witch before she can flinch, molotoving me instead of the tank that is charging, and general stupidity like wasting pipe bombs and other irritating stuff like that.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Send me a friend request if you want to. GT: SoloSith Lord

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I own both versions.

GamerTag: MarzGurl
    Steam name: MarzGurl

MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am def looking forward to this since as it stands I have to put up with crap like people who don't know to shotgun the witch before she can flinch, molotoving me instead of the tank that is charging, and general stupidity like wasting pipe bombs and other irritating stuff like that.

I don't think you're going to like me very much, then.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Console, what! Hells yes.

gamertag: eyeshuh

Also, I think it was Cuzza maybe who started the ultra pax gamertag...? That thread is hanging around in the forums somewhere.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    KitsunePilot80KitsunePilot80 Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    Hell I'm in! I'll be bringing my xBox to the hotel anyway to keep us busy during the hours we're not at the con.

Gamertag: Agt Arizona

KitsunePilot80 on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You know, when I read this title I thought that you were going to get people to sign up and give them all a "Human" button or tag, and then one person was going to be the "Zombie" at PAX and every time he/she managed to get a anyone with the "Human" tag alone he could say, "Gotcha!" or....well... maybe just make horrible moaning noises and collect their button.

Then the person that he/she tagged would also be a Zombie and would also help with catching the Humans alone to zombify them.

And then at the end of PAX we'd see how big the zombie hoard had actually become.

Then I read about the Left4Dead thing. Boo.

Hypatia on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    You know, when I read this title I thought that you were going to get people to sign up and give them all a "Human" button or tag, and then one person was going to be the "Zombie" at PAX and every time he/she managed to get a anyone with the "Human" tag alone he could say, "Gotcha!" or....well... maybe just make horrible moaning noises and collect their button.

Then the person that he/she tagged would also be a Zombie and would also help with catching the Humans alone to zombify them.

And then at the end of PAX we'd see how big the zombie hoard had actually become.

And with that I think Hypatia just invented a new game for PAX.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

And with that I think Hypatia just invented a new game for PAX.

I'm in +1.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think I might have to join that too... fuck.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That does sound fun.. hmmmm

okay, IDs:

Steam: Zankabo
    Xbox: Zankabo

I don't have L4D on the xbox though.. I have some other games.. I should play my Xbox more often.. hrmm..

and I think I am part of the Pax Forum Steam Group.. is it the one from last year? I joined that one..

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think I might have to join that too... fuck.

Sounds like Humans vs Zombies. Someone mentioned running a game of it last year, but it never went anywhere. I'm up for running one, but I want to get clearance first. Msg has been sent to Khoo, we'll see where it goes from there.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah sounds fun, Im in.

mavrick88 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah I'm even considering sending some emails to valve to see if they'd be interested in sponsoring the event. Possibly turning it into a contest where the human survivors are in one of four teams, and the zombies are in another four.

This could be the event of PAX... I reckon.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    L4D has become my new addiction (for PC) i will attend anything anyone starts up for this.

STEAM: dragonkeeperx

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Re: Zombies vs Humans at PAX. Keep in mind that Assassins will be going on. That might be a bit of overkill when it comes to PAX games you have to watch your back for.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Re: Zombies vs Humans at PAX. Keep in mind that Assassins will be going on. That might be a bit of overkill when it comes to PAX games you have to watch your back for.

It had occurred to me. I'm still waiting to hear back from Khoo, if/when I get the go ahead from him I'll put an interest thread up and see if people think it's overkill.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    After thinking about the logistical nightmare of trying to set up a Zombies vs Humans thing (plus the Assassins game) I kind of wondered if it'd be better as a low-key thing with a centralized design for buttons that people could buy and pass out to "zombify" people. Something like this:
    zombies.jpg

Where you could change the "zombified by" person and the little blurb on the top, but so it'd be easy to identify the "zombies". People could buy their own buttons for them as an add-on to the buttoning so they could control their own costs, you wouldn't have to distribute anything, and it wasn't overly intrusive or centralized. You could also count how many people got zombied in PAX by how many buttons people distributed instead of depending on people reporting in.

I just needed something to think about at the gym :D

Hypatia on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've got an idea for a non physical version of HvZ, but it's a little LARPy. Anyway, we've appropriated the thread here - On topic: I'm interested in some L4D, but I'm waiting for the game of the year edition to come out.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    everyone got the survival pack yet?

mavrick88 on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    After thinking about the logistical nightmare of trying to set up a Zombies vs Humans thing (plus the Assassins game) I kind of wondered if it'd be better as a low-key thing with a centralized design for buttons that people could buy and pass out to "zombify" people. Something like this:

[image]

Where you could change the "zombified by" person and the little blurb on the top, but so it'd be easy to identify the "zombies". People could buy their own buttons for them as an add-on to the buttoning so they could control their own costs, you wouldn't have to distribute anything, and it wasn't overly intrusive or centralized. You could also count how many people got zombied in PAX by how many buttons people distributed instead of depending on people reporting in.

I just needed something to think about at the gym :D

The buttons look awesome, but if someone gets zombified who hasn't purchased buttons ahead of time, how to they attack humans?

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    The buttons look awesome, but if someone gets zombified who hasn't purchased buttons ahead of time, how to they attack humans?

Hmm.. I have no idea :D

Hypatia on
  • Options
    skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Both of these events need to happen. I got the Survival pack and i can't get enough. Though it's not a lot of content, it's still so much fun...

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm totally up for this. I've got the PC version and haven't really played much of it lately. I need to get it on with this new survivor pack.

mentok1982: I'd totally play with those of you in the Forumers group, but I'd need an invite in.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    mentok1982: I'd totally play with those of you in the Forumers group, but I'd need an invite in.

Well friend me up!

If you want into the group then you will need to contact one of these fine chaps:

LordHomsar
    HotSake
    Yoshamano
    Kyanilis

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
This discussion has been closed.