As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Nah go into your profile, edit the settings, type 'We Are Nice Guys' into your group field. viola

Awesome, I'll be sure to do that as soon as my guy decides to not be knocked out.

maraxus94 on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Holy shit, the Stark Building has taken an absolute flogging! I'm in Scarletwood now, but I'm going to wait until I have 50 AP so that I can help to secure the currently ransacked Stark Building. I've at least got a portable generator, a fuel can, and a radio transmitter, so once we clear out the zombies and fix it up some we can get back to our bleak struggle to survive. :D

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The school seems to be our last stronghold and it's going down. I just signed in and it was just heavily barricaded so I used what AP I had to barricade it back up a bit.

Lars on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm the zombie chilling in the wasteland one block north of the school. Do we have anyone still doing revives? I'm loaded down with enough ammo to kill every zombie in the world.

PolloDiablo on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Holy shit, the Stark Building has taken an absolute flogging! I'm in Scarletwood now, but I'm going to wait until I have 50 AP so that I can help to secure the currently ransacked Stark Building. I've at least got a portable generator, a fuel can, and a radio transmitter, so once we clear out the zombies and fix it up some we can get back to our bleak struggle to survive. :D

I would hold off on using those until we've had a little while without a zombie break in. No point wasting'em currently.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I would hold off on using those until we've had a little while without a zombie break in. No point wasting'em currently.

Yeah, my plan was to set up the goodies only once we'd properly secured the Stark Building. Still, there was only about 15 zombies in the 8 squares surrounding the Stark Building, so whatever horde caused it to be abandoned seems to have moved on.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    I am nearby packing 11 syringes. Will start rezzing in the morning I think.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have a few syringes. I'll rez some dudes tonight or tomorow morning.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    24 hours in a swarm of 8 zombies and my character won't die

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I just got a toolbox (and a fuel can no idea if thats useful) and will be heading back down to stark soon to help barricade stuff.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakura_UsagiSakura_Usagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    15 syringes and 12 FAK. Gonna start heading back to Scarletwood tomorrow =)

Sakura_Usagi on
  • Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm waiting the whole thing out as a zombie in West Grayside at Bunstone Alley, which is suppose to be a revive point. I hope it's an active revive point.

Pat_McRoch on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Three of them outside of the school right now, one of which is Jones Johnson from Mall Tour. They are the only big group, the others are all split up in 1's and 2's. I also brought the barricades up. This shit is starting to grate on me a little bit, we need to try and do some hit and runs to kill those three fuckers.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah man. I'm stuck in the Toms Building and I'm infected. Been here for a while at 6 HP but I don't want to move and die. I'm surprised I haven't been attacked here. No barricades, just closed the door and that's it.

We'll see how things go tomorrow.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
    edited April 2009
    Hey if one of you guys in the school gets on, and you can do it, build up the barricades. They are only at VHB right now.

Arthil on
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fencingsax.

Thank you!

Now to try and help barricade stuff...

Docken on
  • Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay Doc, I made it to Taverner Towers in the lower right corner of Edgecombe. It's kind of dicey - I passed a couple of gutted buildings on the way, and south of me everything was too heavily barricaded to get into (including the hospital to my south).

Killer Avacado on
    edited April 2009
    The school got knocked down to very heavily barricaded. Man these zombies are pissing me off... the fact that about half the zeds at the revive point are PAers doesn't help much, we need to be getting our guys back up and fighting.

Arthil on
  • Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just got to Scarletville. I have great timing. I have a fuel can, and am hiding in a ruined building out of action points. This is going to go poorly.

Nick Soapdish on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay Doc, I made it to Taverner Towers in the lower right corner of Edgecombe. It's kind of dicey - I passed a couple of gutted buildings on the way, and south of me everything was too heavily barricaded to get into (including the hospital to my south).

Made it to the towers with a nice bit of experience. I let Kaera know how things are looking, so she'll be joining us soon enough. The wiki says Edgecombe isn't very friendly to those without freerunning, so I'm thinking of getting Construction so we can create our own safe buildings while we make our way through.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited April 2009
    Better make sure you've got a toolbox. It's required to repair ruined buildings.

Arthil on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arthil wrote: »
    Better make sure you've got a toolbox. It's required to repair ruined buildings.

Ah, thanks. I can find those at auto repair shops, correct? I suppose that's next on the agenda.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Still 5 zombies outside the school, took one to 30HP. (Careful, one is a WANGer)

urahonky on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So... as I said before, SlowZed is heading to Ridleybank to join the undead mahb. Today I stopped over for a snack, was about 10hp away from finishing off this random survivor when I stop to check my skills, pick up ankle grab for 1AP stand ups and switched back. Turns out the asshole who I was about to kill decided he could use a little technique we all know as the Combat Revive to save himself. :(

I really need to get Brain Rot but it is such a waste of XP at this point. The thing is, I'm not really that against Combat Revives, Brain Rot is the cure to it... you are able to stop it from happening if you buy it... but it is still an awful tactic.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • NoCatsNoCats Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm currently standing in the school with about 4hp. If someone could spare a FAK or two, I would be really grateful.

NoCats on
    edited April 2009
    We got a building or two coming back to the west of the school, good. Should split up the zeds attention.

Arthil on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sealey's down again, by the way.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Ah, thanks. I can find those at auto repair shops, correct? I suppose that's next on the agenda.

It may have been my coffee deprived brain, but I thought I saw one or two of those along the way this morning...

Killer Avacado on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »
    So... as I said before, SlowZed is heading to Ridleybank to join the undead mahb. Today I stopped over for a snack, was about 10hp away from finishing off this random survivor when I stop to check my skills, pick up ankle grab for 1AP stand ups and switched back. Turns out the asshole who I was about to kill decided he could use a little technique we all know as the Combat Revive to save himself. :(

I really need to get Brain Rot but it is such a waste of XP at this point. The thing is, I'm not really that against Combat Revives, Brain Rot is the cure to it... you are able to stop it from happening if you buy it... but it is still an awful tactic.

My zombie character is infected, he was revived, so I decided to use my 10% to hit melee skills to try to hit a few zombies around me, and when I logged in a few hours later I had been killed again. Having ankle grab makes that such a non issue. One of those skills every player should take. Since it works for you if you have been revived as well.

My scientist is slowly making his way east to Scarletwood after spending some time a few burbs over increasing skills. He had some FAKs but used them on other survivors. He also has a few Syringes since he spent a day inside a powered up NT building. I will probably reach Scarletwood tomorrow sometime.

Seg on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've never really understood the rage some zombie players get at Combat Revives. To the point that zombie groups advocate PKing and generator-destroying should any of their members be Combat Revived.
    Sure, it can be annoying to suddenly be alive when you want to be a zombie, but it's not like human characters can purchase a skill to prevent them from turning into a zombie, or simply spend a few AP finding a tall building and jumping out to return to life. They're stuck being a zombie until they can get someone else to revive them.
    Not to mention the fact it takes a huge chunk of AP to revive someone and so that makes whoever just used a Combat Revive easy prey for your zombie pals.

That combined with a lot of zombie groups having rotters log out in known revive points just seems to add up to "We can grief you, but don't you dare grief us" to me.

Lars on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just re-barricaded the school some.

Bigity on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    I've never really understood the rage some zombie players get at Combat Revives. To the point that zombie groups advocate PKing and generator-destroying should any of their members be Combat Revived.
    Sure, it can be annoying to suddenly be alive when you want to be a zombie, but it's not like human characters can purchase a skill to prevent them from turning into a zombie, or simply spend a few AP finding a tall building and jumping out to return to life. They're stuck being a zombie until they can get someone else to revive them.
    Not to mention the fact it takes a huge chunk of AP to revive someone and so that makes whoever just used a Combat Revive easy prey for your zombie pals.

That combined with a lot of zombie groups having rotters log out in known revive points just seems to add up to "We can grief you, but don't you dare grief us" to me.

Which is pretty normal for internet badasses.

Seg on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alright, finally picked up ankle grab, if anyone would be so kind as to rez Dr Marius Devalia (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1490786), I would gladly relocate to an NT building for some syringe pickup and/or manufacturing.

Amikron Devalia on
    edited April 2009

It may have been my coffee deprived brain, but I thought I saw one or two of those along the way this morning...

There's one a block south of us, actually.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got revived! Woo! Now, where are we shacking up? I can bring barricade skills to the mix.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • BeoulveBeoulve Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alright, made it back to Scarletwood and helping out with the revives. Tommy2Hands, could you move outside of Club Cort for a revive? I tried reviving you but it was too dark in there and I ended up missing :|

Beoulve on
    edited April 2009
    I was going to start reviving this morning, but the building I slept in got broken into and I got nibbled on.

I'm now back at the Kynaston Building and won't be going anywhere besides maybe a hospital since I need a FAK.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    # ShinRyaKu revivified you with a NecroTech syringe.
    Thank you kindly

Amikron Devalia on
    edited April 2009

There's one a block south of us, actually.

I went to check if I could get into the auto shop, but it's heavily barricaded. Once Kaera shows up, could you go in and knock them down some so I can start looking for tools?

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damn some people are idiots, I got killed twice as a zombie at a place that was clearly marked a revive point!:x

Pat_McRoch on
This discussion has been closed.