As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stark is repaired and up to VSB.

Bigity on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Barricades on Grove look like they're being brought down. Should be safe for a bit, but we'll want to get those repaired.

Dehumanized on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Burned my last 3 AP on the barricades there.

Bigity on
  • Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay, it's down to VHB now Doc.

Killer Avacado on
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    How many zombies are outside Stark? If it's three or less I can take them all out tomorrow.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    About 4 last time I checked.

urahonky on
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    there's two now i just went by... also im zombiefied over at the cemetary, i need to level best ways etc?

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    if you want a bit of exp while waiting for a revive, can go up to stark and take some swipes at the beseiging zombies, every little bit helps, and I am pretty sure most of the WANG dead are at the revive point by now. Just try and end up back at the revive point when you're done.

dojango on
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    dojango wrote: »
    if you want a bit of exp while waiting for a revive, can go up to stark and take some swipes at the beseiging zombies, every little bit helps, and I am pretty sure most of the WANG dead are at the revive point by now. Just try and end up back at the revive point when you're done.

On it boss.

I should really start looking at how much AP i have left cuz im now sitting outside.....

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just rezzed up Grath before retreating back to Danversbank.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just a note, I will not be rezzing anybody NOT in the We Are Nice Guys group. So far at the revive point I've seen patchytyre, dunno if he is one of you guys but he is not getting revived.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, given the circumstances I've upped the Stark Building's barricades to Extremely Heavily Barricaded. If anyone wants me to, I can set up a generator and a radio transmitter.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Give it a few days... Let's see if we attract any unwanted attention first.

urahonky on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    I've never really understood the rage some zombie players get at Combat Revives. To the point that zombie groups advocate PKing and generator-destroying should any of their members be Combat Revived.
    Sure, it can be annoying to suddenly be alive when you want to be a zombie, but it's not like human characters can purchase a skill to prevent them from turning into a zombie, or simply spend a few AP finding a tall building and jumping out to return to life. They're stuck being a zombie until they can get someone else to revive them.
    Not to mention the fact it takes a huge chunk of AP to revive someone and so that makes whoever just used a Combat Revive easy prey for your zombie pals.

That combined with a lot of zombie groups having rotters log out in known revive points just seems to add up to "We can grief you, but don't you dare grief us" to me.

Which is pretty normal for internet badasses.

Before I had a zombie alt, I would've said just don't bother with it. If they don't like being revived, don't revive them. But after being combat revived it took me literally 5 AP and I'm a zombie again. It can be so annoying and time consuming to get revived as a survivor, I don't get how they can complain at all.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    I've never really understood the rage some zombie players get at Combat Revives. To the point that zombie groups advocate PKing and generator-destroying should any of their members be Combat Revived.
    Sure, it can be annoying to suddenly be alive when you want to be a zombie, but it's not like human characters can purchase a skill to prevent them from turning into a zombie, or simply spend a few AP finding a tall building and jumping out to return to life. They're stuck being a zombie until they can get someone else to revive them.
    Not to mention the fact it takes a huge chunk of AP to revive someone and so that makes whoever just used a Combat Revive easy prey for your zombie pals.

That combined with a lot of zombie groups having rotters log out in known revive points just seems to add up to "We can grief you, but don't you dare grief us" to me.

Which is pretty normal for internet badasses.

Before I had a zombie alt, I would've said just don't bother with it. If they don't like being revived, don't revive them. But after being combat revived it took me literally 5 AP and I'm a zombie again. It can be so annoying and time consuming to get revived as a survivor, I don't get how they can complain at all.

Now that I have Ankle Grab on my Zombie character, I would rather get hit with a Revive then get killed by someone that can Headshot me.

Seg on
  • GodzilosGodzilos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I added myself to WANG, the character is Gutsoup (1316355), ex-zombie only character, but ready to get organized and unzombiefied. Im standing infront of Stark Bld.

Godzilos on
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Things are getting desperate in my area. I've been in a VSB++ hospital in Kempsterbank, popping out to hunt zeds for enough XP to get Free Running, but now we appear to be under periodic attack.

This wasn't so bad until someone decided to upgrade the 'cades to EHB. Now i can't leave without screwing my plans up...

Euphoriac on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hah, Papa Stig, I knew I wasn't going to be needing AP for awhile, so I followed you around saying Mrh? and pointing to myself.

:lol:

Antithesis on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lol, sorry but I can't revive. I'll get that or construction next, I spent my last 2 levels on lurching gait and ankle grab.
    Scanning zombies seems to get me a lot more xp than killing them.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow, this thread is gonna die soon

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    lol, sorry but I can't revive. I'll get that or construction next, I spent my last 2 levels on lurching gait and ankle grab.
    Scanning zombies seems to get me a lot more xp than killing them.

Scanning zombies is the shit. I only have one character, a Lab Assistant, but I think he was the perfect choice for me. While I'm sure lots of people prefer being able to go out and feel like they're kicking zombie ass from the get-go, it's so satisfying collecting DNA samples and trying to get far enough away that they won't be able to track you. And the XP you get from it is awesome.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Pat_McRoch wrote: »
    Damn some people are idiots, I got killed twice as a zombie at a place that was clearly marked a revive point!:x
    Ok guys. When you see survivors attacking zombies at a revive point, record their names (the attacker, that is). They can be dealt with just like PKers.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Eh.... thats a little harsh. Why not add them to contacts as a different color, and when you see them next just tell them to check if somewhere is a revive point before attacking a zombie. They may just be ignorant to how most people play the game. If they do it again, sure, bump them to PK status.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited April 2009
    Fine, warning first. But griefing is griefing, and out zombie players are exceptionally vunlerable.

It bugs me, is all I'm saying :|

MegaMek on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In addition to not knowing revive point rules, some people may be clumsily attacking the wrong zombie when trying to kill a rotter that's clogging up the revive queue.
    I'm pretty sure people in this thread have even hit the wrong zombie when trying the same thing.

Lars on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Killing at a revive point is not cool, but it's hardly anything at all compared to PKing or rotting at a RP.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1448693

This is a rotter clogging up our revive point.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited April 2009
    Rawr Rwr kill the thread
    is it page 100 yet?

EDIT: Damn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rawr Rwr kill the thread
    is it page 100 yet?

EDIT: Damn

Does the thread have ankle grab or will it need 10 ap to stand up?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited April 2009
    That depends if it was Head Shot or not.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Too bad the forum's based on an archaic system, so instead of headshot costing AP it takes away 10 XP. Shitdamn, it's going to be forever until we can afford freerunning.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited April 2009
    Well maybe if someone grinded occasionally, instead of running from place to place changing clothes everyday.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Man, back in those days we didn't even HAVE clothes.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited April 2009
    Man, back in those days we didn't even HAVE clothes.

Well, we did have Flak Jackets. Not ideal, but it did give some decency.

And I guess as a zombie, after a certain amount of rot there's no need for clothing.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Shotguns don't really seem worth it. I just fired twenty shotgun blasts, and hit with three of them. This is with all the skills, by the way. I think I'll ditch them and stick to pistols. They're much more ammo friendly.

I killed about half the zombies that were outside, though.

PolloDiablo on
    edited April 2009
    I tend to hit more often than not with my shotguns. Maybe yours is broken :p

MegaMek on
  • LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A zombie just took down the barricades at Stark and killed me.

Lokiamis on
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bah I got killed looking for a toolbox out in gulchside or someplace. I guess i will slowly start shambling back to stark

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Give it another shot if you can Doc.

Killer Avacado on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    4 zeds in Stark, barricades down, I'm at the hospital SW of teles, its @ EHB if anyone needs a temp hiding space, getting FAKs up before looking for a secure NT building for syringe making/searching. Anyone know a safe NT building near the hospital I can move to once I'm done getting kits?

Amikron Devalia on
This discussion has been closed.