As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i am so fuckin high i think i'll maek poast

AmoebaofDeathAmoebaofDeath Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Perhaps it is the time of year that has me in the spirit...or perhaps it is the fact that I'm awake on my friend's couch at 5am and can't find anything better to do. Whatever the reason, I find my mind wandering, curiosity piqued. Piqued by what you ask? Marijuana. Piqued by all things pot.

As I type this I'm realizing that I don't have a particular direction in mind for this discussion to go. I fully expect the typical "legalize it" debates to emerge, but at the same time I want this to be more. Love it/hate it? Bongs, bowls, blunts? Questions waiting to be answered, unless this is horribly illegal or against the rules...but what with G4 running their special once again, this seems like a logical progression. So, I dunno...go forth and discuss!

The statment below is true
The statement above is false
AmoebaofDeath on

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I go to school at UC Santa Cruz.

It's going to be a fucking zoo on Monday.

tofu on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just play the Godwin card on the idiots that celebrate this idiotic "holiday".

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you smoke weed, that's fine. I've got nothing against you. All this "420 errday" subculture really needs to go, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    If you smoke weed, that's fine. I've got nothing against you. All this "420 errday" subculture really needs to go, though.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good riddance. He was an evil man.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Like so many things today. Pot is not nearly as cool as people make it out to be, and if it does get legalized and looses the stigma of being illegal then after the initial surge it should fade into the background in the same light as chewing tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol.

At my high school we had a group of very stereotypical "pot-heads." Looking back now, it surprises me just how much they fit into the mold and I chuckle.

Frizzy hair, "Shaggy" goatee (zoinks Scoob!), hell even a couple of them always wore knit sweaters with diamond patterns on them.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

It's "erryday" you Philistines.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I just play the Godwin card on the idiots that celebrate this idiotic "holiday".

...Godwin...?

Do you mean Darwin?

JustinSane07 on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

...Godwin...?

Do you mean Darwin?
    4/20 is Hitler's birthday.

Bama on
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »

...Godwin...?

Do you mean Darwin?

The only person who would know that is a Nazi.

Nazi bastard.

MagicPrime on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

So should your hobby. People are so annoying when they're having fun!

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

...Godwin...?

Do you mean Darwin?

It still doesn't make sense. It's not like they're going to start arguing about Nazis on Monday. Pot smokers aren't gonna have all their arguments turn to discussions about Nazis. That's not how Godwin's Law works.

JustinSane07 on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Adrien wrote: »

Bragging to people about your hobby isn't a hobby. It's being a fucking dickhead.

His Corkiness on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have never, ever "celebrated" a 420. I am a partaker.

I also think the 420 subculture is stupid. It seriously stigmatizes my hobby. People see these teenagers wearing marijuana emblazoned clothing shouting out 420 and acting like retards and they wonder why they should have marijuana legalized and I have to give credit to what they are seeing and probably thinking. It's harming the movement.

I know people who take it way too seriously.

They talk about it all the time, they take pictures of them doing it and put them on facebook, they get clothing with marijuana leaves and pipes.
    It's really and truly not a hobby that you need to brag about.

Wear a Bob Marley shirt. People will get what you are trying to say (or maybe you just like Reggae), and Bob Marley is fucking awesome.

I am about legalizing marijuana of course, but this 420 erryday shit... it's just not necessary.

Endomatic on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »

...Godwin...?

Do you mean Darwin?

The only person who would know that is a Nazi.

Nazi bastard.
    But now _all_ of us know that. Did we all just become nazis?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My plan has come to fruition.

*evil laughter*

Bama on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Adrien wrote: »

Bragging to people about your hobby isn't a hobby. It's being a fucking dickhead.

maybe i'm out of touch.... but i have never heard anyone brag about how much weed they can smoke... alchohol? all the time, weed? not so much.

i've heard 'smoke weed erry day' but few people who say that actually do that... it would be expensive.

also, does the 'mardi-gras woo!' "subculture" need to die too?

Dunadan019 on
    edited April 2009
    Die Fahne ist gestohlen!

MagicPrime on
    edited April 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Yes.

MagicPrime on
    edited April 2009

Yes.

how about the "what happens in vegas...." subculture?

Dunadan019 on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yes.

I don't know if that one's really a subculture. I can't think of anything other than being drunk that's really associated with it uniformly. I'd be very happy to never hear the phrase again, though...

On topic: I've never smoked pot but I'm all for legalization. Not only for the socio-economic benefits but because I've always been curious what all the fuss was about but was too much of a goodie-two-shoes to try it. Now my career depends on never, ever getting into any sort of legal trouble, ever so it's pretty much right out until they make it legal.

I kind of wish pi day would take off like 420 has. I could back a "eat pie at 3:14, erryday" movement.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited April 2009

Yes.

To save time, pretty much any sub-culture I find personally annoying should die in a fire.

MagicPrime on
    edited April 2009

Yes.

To save time, pretty much any sub-culture I find personally annoying should die in a fire.

how about the "die in a fire" subculture.....

and honestly i don't think any of these can really be considered sub cultures as they are just phrases that are used by different people whose only common link is the use of the phrase.

Dunadan019 on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm so drunk I can hardly type.

And so I wish to express solidarity with my pothead brethren---because seriously, there's no real reason why I should be allowed to get this drunk but they also should not be allowed to get that high.

MrMister on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MrMister wrote: »

And so I wish to express solidarity with my pothead brethren---because seriously, there's no real reason why I should be allowed to get this drunk but they also should not be allowed to get that high.

Let's see if you agree in the morning after a few choice phone calls and regrets.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am against the idiot 420 crowd, yet another thing ruining my birthday. Hitler, Waco, Columbine, don't I have to put up with enough already!? Jeez.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MrMister wrote: »

Let's see if you agree in the morning after a few choice phone calls and regrets.

I'm also questioning his drunk typing ability. I don't think he's actually drunk! Prove it MrMister!

urahonky on
    edited April 2009
    I agree.

I believe that the ratio of internet inebriation to actual inebriation is like 10:1.

MagicPrime on
  • archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    People advertising their hobbies can be annoying, but it's more about how they act than the shit they wear or style of their hair. For example, I'm not too into baseball. When I see people wearing MLB attire and talking about baseball stats all the time, my brain shuts off and I can't even try to follow the conversation. Most of the pot smokers I see dress, talk, and act normal, in the same way that most people who watch baseball aren't hardcore fans. So what, people with too much enthusiasm about something you don't like deserve to die now? You know who else though that way?
    Godwin'd all up ins

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Luq wrote: »
    I am against the idiot 420 crowd, yet another thing ruining my birthday. Hitler, Waco, Columbine, don't I have to put up with enough already!? Jeez.
    It's enough to make a guy want to go on a killing spree...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

Yes.

I don't know if that one's really a subculture. I can't think of anything other than being drunk that's really associated with it uniformly. I'd be very happy to never hear the phrase again, though...

On topic: I've never smoked pot but I'm all for legalization. Not only for the socio-economic benefits but because I've always been curious what all the fuss was about but was too much of a goodie-two-shoes to try it. Now my career depends on never, ever getting into any sort of legal trouble, ever so it's pretty much right out until they make it legal.

I kind of wish pi day would take off like 420 has. I could back a "eat pie at 3:14, erryday" movement.

So sigged.

Anyways, I don't smoke pot, don't really care if someone does. All 4/20 is is an excuse for people who don't normally get high in public to get really high in public. At least that is my experience.

Phil G. on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I go to UC Santa Cruz as well, but I have classes that day. So I was going to be responsible and wait till I get home to smoke, like I do usually.

However, in an attempt to hurt the 'festivities' they're restricting access to campus and cutting a bunch of shuttle busses. The cut of shuttle busses means I can't get across campus in time for one of my classes.

So now I have time to kill on UC Santa Cruz campus on 4/20. Wonder if there's anything going on there I can get in on? Hmmm.

Bunch of geniuses in the administration, I swear.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited April 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    So now I have time to kill on UC Santa Cruz campus on 4/20.

You all saw it, call the authorities!

MagicPrime on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Luq wrote: »
    It's enough to make a guy want to go on a killing spree...

Okay this was funny.

urahonky on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Endomatic wrote: »
    I have never, ever "celebrated" a 420. I am a partaker.

I also think the 420 subculture is stupid. It seriously stigmatizes my hobby. People see these teenagers wearing marijuana emblazoned clothing shouting out 420 and acting like retards and they wonder why they should have marijuana legalized and I have to give credit to what they are seeing and probably thinking. It's harming the movement.

I know people who take it way too seriously.

They talk about it all the time, they take pictures of them doing it and put them on facebook, they get clothing with marijuana leaves and pipes.
    It's really and truly not a hobby that you need to brag about.

Wear a Bob Marley shirt. People will get what you are trying to say (or maybe you just like Reggae), and Bob Marley is fucking awesome.

I am about legalizing marijuana of course, but this 420 erryday shit... it's just not necessary.

Kind of like getting totally shitfaced drunk is not the way to encourage people to lower the drinking age.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Eh, it's just people being enthusiastic. Ghetto culture is much more annoying to me, while still not as bad as Rednecks, who don't quite hold a candle to Juggalo. As long as people are being safe [not driving while farked up, for example], I don't think it should matter what clothes they wear or what they say.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

God damnit... now I want pie.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So why is discussing alcohol in any depth acceptable and even encouraged (being a beer snob/enthusiastic) for instance, and why is this thread mainly a mockery of people that discuss marijuana?

Casual Eddy on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    So why is discussing alcohol in any depth acceptable and even encouraged (being a beer snob/enthusiastic) for instance, and why is this thread mainly a mockery of people that discuss marijuana?

Because finding out that weed isn't actually that big a deal requires actually interacting with many and varied sorts of people, mostly. Though generally most people who treat 420 as a big deal tend to act like retards. Smoking pot is pretty inconsequential apart from the artificial penalties our society has imposed to keep Mexicans and black people "in their place", but "protesting" the law by dressing like an unemployable slacker with no ambitions or access to soap and showing up to smoke pot by the reflecting pool in DC is pretty fucking dumb.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.