As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm chilling in the auto-repair shop northeast of the school

Are we being zombie fondled pretty hard at the school or what?

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There are a handful left up at the school, one of which is nearly dead now. Come on guys, we can drive off this small group of zombies, right?

PolloDiablo on
  • The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zombies will fondle you regardless. Low level zombies are pretty fucking weak but a high level zombie with all the related skills has a 50% 3 damage attack that never runs out of ammo and stacks a 10% extra buff on all attacks when it hits, infectious bite, feeding drag, is as fast as a survivor, 60 hp, and a flak jacket. Also when you kill them they stand up for 1AP at full health. Also they heal when they bite you. Also they can feed on corpses to get health instead of that bothersome twiddling around in hospitals.

Fortunately there aren't that many out there comparatively but it's nice to know the odds are stacked against you.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    So if there were 3 Humans outside of Stark, all at 12 or 11 hp that had been pulled out with multiple zombies around them at the time, would it be wrong of me to kill them? Are opportunity killings(where they would die anyways) against our rules?

I think Grath Mcgrath was one of them, so I'll say sorry now before I get yelled at again. It's just, well, I was gettin' while the gettin' was good, before any of the other zombies took advantage. I think if anyone is going to kill them, it might as well be a WANG member so at least they get the experience and not someone else ruining our buildings.

Edit: Nevermind, a different guy killed Grath, but I hit him a few times. Also, I'm outside Stark at 15 hp if anyone wants to whack me.

you spent all of your AP helping kill people.
    # A zombie killed Whitezinfandel8. (14 hours and 37 minutes ago)
    # A zombie killed Papa Stig. (14 hours and 37 minutes ago)
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (14 hours and 37 minutes ago)
    # The zombie grabbed hold of you! (14 hours and 37 minutes ago)
    # A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (14 hours and 37 minutes ago) ...and again.

edit: those are all Kaj not anyone else.

Grath on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    I think I'm done playing this with you guys Kaj has made it not fun anymore.

Grath on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why the flaming fuck are you faggots killing each other?

Kaj, stop that shit, seriously. You're pissing people off.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I didn't spend all of my AP on those kills, like I said, they were all really low on HP.

I didn't pull you out or anything either, I signed in and there were three guys outside so I decided to take it upon myself to reap the benefits of some extra experience. I don't see how I would be ruining your time with the game; it's not as if I'm the only zombie shambling abouts.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to join up and add everyone, but I'm thinking we should flee the premises, yeah?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited April 2009
    I didn't spend all of my AP on those kills, like I said, they were all really low on HP.

I didn't pull you out or anything either, I signed in and there were three guys outside so I decided to take it upon myself to reap the benefits of some extra experience. I don't see how I would be ruining your time with the game; it's not as if I'm the only zombie shambling abouts.

Because it's one thing for random Mall Tour zed to eat you and another for your dumbass teammate who should be helping you to eat you?

Is this really that hard?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009

I just don't see how what I'm doing could legitimately piss anyone off, I'm outside waiting for a revive and if people happen to be out there because they had been pulled out, they are going to get killed anyways. It might as well be me to get the final blow.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Shall we go ahead and say, "Nice guys shall not kill each other?"

It's completely possible that someone who died to Kaj could have logged in and saved himself. Especially if Kaj wasn't a faggot and hit a zombie instead, possibly taking him out. (And keeping him from killing a team mate.)

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited April 2009

I just don't see how what I'm doing could legitimately piss anyone off, I'm outside waiting for a revive and if people happen to be out there because they had been pulled out, they are going to get killed anyways. It might as well be me to get the final blow.

God, if only there were a /gkick or something.

Don't fucking kill WANG members if you are in WANG. Whether you can understand it or not, you are pissing people off and it needs to stop.

Me? I'm just going to kill you every time I see you from now on until you say you're done being a retard.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009

God, if only there were a /gkick or something.

Don't fucking kill WANG members if you are in WANG. Whether you can understand it or not, you are pissing people off and it needs to stop.

Me? I'm just going to kill you every time I see you from now on until you say your done being a retard.

Nice.

Well I already said I was sorry, and I now know what the reception is going to be if I kill a member currently being eaten by a horde of zombies; I'll just go ahead and avoid Stark entirely when I am one.

Grath, I wasn't killing you out of spite or something, it was purely an opportunity for me to get more experience. I guess I just don't feel the impact of death in this game as much as I should, since I don't have to gather all the necessary things to revive someone. I'm sorry and it won't happen again; I'll just have to avoid the side of me that wants to maximize the amount of EXP I get per AP.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just don't do it. There's an absolute wealth of experience to be gained in Urban Dead without resorting to killing your own bloody team mates. Don't pretend that's not the case.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Yes, but getting experience as a zombie is so much fun.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited April 2009
    Then get it attacking other people, not us!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes, but getting experience as a zombie is so much fun.
    Just don't do it. There's an absolute wealth of experience to be gained in Urban Dead without resorting to killing your own bloody team mates. Don't pretend that's not the case.
    :|

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Will do.

I just thought it'd be cool seeing as how they were going to get eaten anyways and I logged on at the right time. I can see how that could come on as me being kind of a dick, but is it better for that experience to go to a career zombie(mall tour) or someone who is generally a survivor? Anyways, at least that's done with. I'll go hang around with all the other zombies around Scarletwood and kill some pubbies.

Edit: You guys can stop gang banging me now with the insults. Also, is Colt making the new thread?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • BeoulveBeoulve Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Aw damn, was out the whole day and now i find myself dead. D: Seems like everything in the area is ruined; where's everyone gathering now?

Beoulve on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think I'm gonna run over to the East Grayside hospital for a bit and gather up some more FAKs and syringes, I've used all mine up. Being a doctor is difficult in this game :P

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • BeoulveBeoulve Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    William Wownerd and Fenri Grey, you guys have to run! Seems like you got dragged out into the street. I killed one of the zombies attacking you two and brought the other one down to 5 health.

Beoulve on
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I have this message from our friends in the Garniss building:

Dalt Wisney said "There are currently 15 zombies banging on our front door, and i put both St. Spy and St. Tele up to EHB. They are both main targets now. Kayliee and AjAlkaline, please tell your fellow W.A.N.Gs."

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    AJ, I assume thats your alt up in Anne General Hospital in Mockridge? I've got an alt up there too and healed you up. I've almost got the skills to revive, so just tell me if something bad happens out here.

By the way. We'd talked about it before in passing, but the Mycock Building(greatest headquarters name ever?) appears to usually be empty, and while Mockridge isn't completely devoid of zombies, its a hell of alot safer than Scarletwood right now. Just putting that out there.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I somehow made it through the zombie attack and am bunkered in Bland Auto Repair. I am infected and have about 19 health. Any FAK use on me would be greatly appreciated.

urahonky on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So what kind of offensive are we going to go on here guys? As I'm looking at it, the zombies just view us as a free source of experience.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to be able to log in tomorrow with enough AP and HP to fucking paint the streets with blood. But that's just me.

urahonky on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ultros64 wrote: »
    So what kind of offensive are we going to go on here guys? As I'm looking at it, the zombies just view us as a free source of experience.

Well... that's kinda how I view them too, this whole mess had been an experience bonanza for me.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Spawnbroker man, I'm in the same hospital as you in East Grayside. Need a FAK, badly... well need several. I'm down to 9 HP from an infection.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I log into the school alone, abandoned, infected...getting slightly gnawed on.
    Okay, so not entirely alone. There were a few corpses and some zombies with me. It was like a party!
    I dumped the corpses for the XP and since they're probably our guys that would give them 1 less step to take towards the revive point when they stand up. Then I smacked a zombie in the face with an axe, saw he had 57 HP remaining and decided to escape and then cured my infection.

I've got over 300XP to spend on Ankle Grab and other useful zombie skills if any of these dead heads manage to actually kill me, but I'm not going to just roll over and die to get those skills.

Lars on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    I somehow made it through the zombie attack and am bunkered in Bland Auto Repair. I am infected and have about 19 health. Any FAK use on me would be greatly appreciated.
    Arthil wrote: »
    Spawnbroker man, I'm in the same hospital as you in East Grayside. Need a FAK, badly... well need several. I'm down to 9 HP from an infection.

Oh sure, wait until an hour after I've blown through all my AP for the day.

Also, Mycock Building in Mockridge Heights? Looking more and more appealing to move, isn't it?

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah get ankle grab asap, that and lurching gait will make your day so much better as a survivor.

For survivor skills you want to get axes to maximum asap then get free running (you could get free running first too), then get construction.

After that I recommend pistols or shotguns and bodybuilding. Shotties are very nice in that you can kill a zed (or a player) without a flak jacket in ~8 or so AP if you get lucky and also provide some very nice burst to get targets low enough for your pistol, however pistols get 5 shots per clip and are very reliable as a source of exp.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Is your name Williard Anderson? If so thanks for the free Experience, I had 3 kits on me and then had to search up a 4th. Didn't notice until after that the guy was in WANG.

(edit:I just checked the OP and yes you are. Glad I could help out.)

Seg on
    edited April 2009
    Much appreciated man.

Arthil on
    edited April 2009
    i dunno I ran into stark as a zed and there were two zeds in there and some people that were wounded.

spent all of my ap attacking the zeds and came and posted in the thread and somebody came in and killed the second zed. I didn't eat the wounded people.

I can see the first time not realizing it would piss me off, but then you went and did it again.

Grath on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Much appreciated man.

Seriously though, with my combat skills being 5 or 10% I am constantly looking for people to use FAKs on.

Seg on
    edited April 2009
    Well I'm still only at 29 HP, and I got body building, so. Feel free to use me for more XP.

Arthil on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So is Ledward Park still where we should go to get rezzed or should I move to a different spot?

All I've been doing is hitting some deadites every now and again for some free exp, but trying to save up for that moment that I become alive again.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
    edited April 2009
    Ledward park for the time being. Just brought up two people there and scanned a whole bunch of the zombies. Adding WANG'ers to my friends list as I spot them for easier rezzing when I come back again.

So anybody else noticing some of these Zeds are Feral Undead members?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah they seem to have decided to just hang around.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am inside the Savery Alley school at the very north of Scarletwood. I'm out of AP but if you form a line outside I'll be sure to revive you with one of my seven syringes.

I just hope I don't die overnight or I may cry!

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
This discussion has been closed.