As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Flying to PAX - The Concorde Edition

CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw!Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
PAXGFT.jpg

Now with PAX '09 officially LESS THAN ONE MONTH AWAY, more and more folks are stapling themselves down with buying the PAX passes and hotel. Usually the last thing to get is flight--at least from what I have seen.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the always up-to-date information for the folks of the young, old, and inbetween who are taking those large winged things in the sky to get to Seattle. Now, why is this always up-to-date? I have no life outside of work and school, so I am on the forums basically 24/7.

Now, there are few important items that must be discussed.

First up! TSA!

So, obviously all you frequent travelers know the deal. When it comes to liquids and you have to carry it on, it must be in a three ounce or small clear container blah-blah. I just needed to to place this on here for safety reasons. For more information--or just want to get useless-and-yet-kinda-useful knowledge into that pretty noggin of yours; please visit the Transportation Security Administration's official website.

TSA - A Simple Traveler's Guide

Please note that the link above goes directly to the Travelers tab, which contains the important information of traveling.

Next...FAQ!

Q: What airline should I use to travel?
A: Personally, the airline you feel comfortable with and have the convenience you need. For example, the airline that has the appropriate times to leave, good pricing, etc. But when it comes to PAX, just as long it takes off and lands safely at the airport you choose to depart from and to SeaTac.

Q: How can I purchase the airline tickets?
A: Using the airlines' direct website is normally good, but there is also the usual:
PriceLine, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, and CheapTickets.

There are also other websites that actually help you to make choosing a bit easier.
Yapta, Farecast, and Kayak

Please note that the three links above are NOT ticket distributors; they are aids to help you look at all airlines and travel websites all at the same time. Also, yes, there are plenty more ticket distributors/aids out there; but those are the popular ones and/or the ones that have been mentioned before.

Q: I want to bring alcohol for the Exchange/I'm bringing X-Amount of cases of Bawls. How do I get them there?
A: Easiest way is to parcel out to the location you will be temporarily residing during your stay in Seattle. Sending them out via UPS/FedEx/Whatever else is rather easier for a few reasons.

1) YOU do not have to worry about them getting broken while traveling.
2) Less weight to deal with when cargoing your luggage.
3) It's nice to know that there will be a bottle of alcohol/Bawls once you get to the location of temporary residence.

Also, if it is at a Hotel you will be residing, please contact them first before sending out the parcels to make sure that it is okay to do so. And if it is, please also give them a fair warning that there will be parcels arriving there for you. It's just common courtesy.

Q: What is the main thing I should pack?
A: Your PAX pass. Duh. Unless you are receiving the passes at Will-Call, then the printed confirmation EMail and a form of photo identification.
Also...Deodorant.

Q: Wait a tic! I'm from outside the U.S.A.; do these guidelines apply to me too?
A: Uh, duh, yeah. You are coming to PAX as well. However! For more detailed information for the International Travelers (that does include you Canadians), please visit the International Travellers Guide.

Q: Yippee! I landed safely and my luggage is with me! ...How do I get to Seattle?
A: Well, walking would take FAR too long--especially with all that luggage. You could always cab it, or rent a vehicle, but those cost a good amount of money.

trickycoolj was totally nice to provide the complete details on the transportation.
The transit stop at SeaTac Airport is at the end of baggage claim drive just outside the doors from the international baggage claim on the far south end of the baggage claim area. It's a fancy new area with art you'll know when you find it.

Metro Transit (cheapest):

Note the bus tunnel is only open M-Sat 5am-1am, Sun 6am-midnight, outside of these hours your bus will be routed on surface streets.

Route 194: Take this one. This is an express bus and will take you on the freeway to the downtown transit tunnel.

To Downtown Seattle:
Weekdays: approximately 4x per hour 6am - 9:15pm
Saturdays: approximately 2x per hour 6:30am - 9:00pm
Sundays: approximately 2x per hour 6:30 am - 7:30pm

To SeaTac Airport:
Weekdays: approximately 4x per hour 4:30am - 10:00pm
Saturdays: approximately 2x per hour 4:45am - 9:45pm
Sundays: approximately 2x per hour 4:45 am - 6:45pm

Route 174: This is known as one of the roughest routes in the Metro system. This is a non-express and will take you longer but sometimes it can be the only option. If you ride this route, sit in the front of the bus and don't make eye contact. I've taken it, you'll be fine and will likely get a good story to tell!

To Downtown Seattle:
Weekdays: approximately 2x per hour 4:50am - 2:30am
Saturdays: approximately 2x per hour 5:20am - 2:45am
Sunday/Holiday: approximately 2x per hour 6:25 am - 2:40am

To SeaTac Airport:
Weekdays: approximately 2x per hour 5:20am - 3:30am
Saturdays: approximately 2x per hour 6:14am - 3:30am
Sunday/Holiday: approximately 2x per hour 6:25am - 3:30am

Fares:
$1.75
Exception: Monday - Friday 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm is considered "peak" and the airport will be charged a 2-zone fare of $2.50

Fares must be in cash, and exact change. You can feed the box extra, but you won't get change.

Sound Transit:
For $3 you can get the hippest new ride in town! Link Light Rail! Just opened in July. The only catch is that the airport station is not open yet and you will have to ride a connector bus from SeaTac Airport (at the bus stop outside baggage claim) to the Tukwilla Station. At the Tukwilla Station you can purchase your $3 ticket from the Ticket Vending Machine which accepts cash, debit, Visa, and MasterCard. You may also opt to purchase an Orca Card from the TVM if you plan on spending lots of time in Seattle riding lots of Transit.

From SeaTac Airport to Downtown Link Connector:
Weekdays: approximately 5-6x per hour 5:00am - 11:55pm
Saturday: approximately 4-6x per hour 5:00am - 11:40pm
Sunday/Holiday: approximately 4-6x per hour 6:00am - 12:30am

From Downtown to SeaTac Airport:
The Link Light Rail's first stop is at Westlake Station in the bus tunnel.
Weekdays: every 7-15 minutes, 5:19am - 12:34am
Saturday: every 10-15 minutes, 5:19am - 12:36am
Sunday: every 10-15 minutes, 5:19am - 11:35pm

Taxi:
From SeaTac Airport there is only one taxi company STITA
It is a $40 flat fee to downtown Seattle.

Shuttle Express:
This is a shared van service. I have used it from my home to the airport on numerous occasions and I know they also do hotel stops. If you're going to an outlying neighborhood to stay with friends I highly recommend this service instead of trying to connect to multiple buses or pay high taxi fares. You can also book in advance online so that all you have to do when you leave the van is sign your credit card receipt and leave a tip.

Grey Line Airporter:
$18 flat fee to downtown hotels. I haven't used this service before but it seems to be popular and you can book online.

Q: Wait! I am one of the Buttoneers! How am I suppose to get those on the plane!??!!
A: Luckily, this Q&A is conveniently located in the Buttoneers' FAQ; so I will quote redhalo...
redhalo wrote:
As confirmed by the US TSA and experience from last year, 1' -1.5' buttons are not classified as an instrument of death even if you have a 100, and can be carried on or checked (they did say that depending on the TSA Agent you may be asked [forced at gun point] to check the buttons).
But remember this only applies to people whose flight originates in the US. If you are flying into the US with buttons make sure you check with your TSA equivalent before bringing them on a plane. The TSA people here also highly suggested that you check with US Customs (contact via your local embassy) before you try and bring them into the country (they indicated that the problem isn't with the button it's with what you could be hiding in the button). Recap: If you’re in the US you can fly w/ buttons, if you’re not your probably better off mailing.

The following Link is a Google-Doc of a listing of fellow PAX Flyers. It will be updated throughout the rest of the days until PAX comes around. It's in alphabetical order and the times are currently in 24-hour time along in local time.

PAX 2009 Flyers

Also, if you have yet to, please visit the PAX Attendees Map and dot yourself on the flat map!

Please feel free to post in your comments, stories, questions, flight information, or anything else that can be helpful to all of us flyers.

And do not worry, I will update this OP as time moves on and more folks get their confirmed flight information.
P.S. Have you noticed a lot of thread product-placement? Yeah. Had to pimp them all out to represent all my peeps. Mmm...purple peeps.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
CaptainTapole on

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo & StatiK

Flying Jacksonville - Seattle

9/3 6:00 AM on Delta, Jacksonville, FL - Cincinatti, OH
    Flight: 6074
    9/3 8:55 AM on Delta, Cincinatti, OH - Seattle, WA
    Flight: 1575

9/7 2:08 PM on Delta, Seattle, WA - Atlanta, GA
    Flight: 1058
    9/7 10:45 PM on Delta, Atlanta, GA - Jacksonville, FL
    Flight: 1072

redhalo on
  • spinal77spinal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Spinal77

Thurs, 9/3
    Depart: 10:45 AM EST Richmond/Wmbg Intl (RIC)
    Arrive: 11:31 AM EST Washington Dulles (IAD)
    United Airlines 7953 -- First Class
    Depart: 12:45 PM EST Washington Dulles (IAD)
    Arrive: 3:25 PM PST Seattle/Tacoma Sea/Tac (SEA)
    United Airlines 197 -- First Class

I doubt anybody would be flying back the day I am, on the 10th, so I'm not posting that here.

spinal77 on
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You already have my information, hurray! I would love to travel with some NJ/NY people this year. I will be rocking the DS most of the flight.

PeasantDave on
  • GodmeatGodmeat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My group brought four handles of liquor and two bottles of margarita mix with us last year as checked luggage, and didn't have any problems.

It also didn't cost us anything, but of course, with all the new rules, you never know these days.

Godmeat on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Whoopie! I bought mine and The Boyfriend's. ....But I'm not gonna tell him until like uh--August. He's still all wishy-washy for the fact of him may or may not have a job by then. But I don't care! It's gonna be our anniversary on that Saturday, durn it! Anywho! Here be my stuff on here and in the OP.

P.S. OP Updated!

CaptainTapole and The Boyfriend
    Flying San Francisco - Seattle

9/3 12:30PM on Alaska: SFO - SEA Flight: 317

9/7 2:00PM on Alaska: SEA - SFO Flight: 314

Also. I looked up the same exact flight schedule on Alaska's Direct Website for shits and giggles, and PriceLine was $78 cheaper than the Direct Website.

CaptainTapole on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I know the following people from the UK are going on this flight:

Kropotkin (me!)
    Alex_Digital_Cowboy + 3 companions
    Rozonus (not on PAX forums, the lazy sod that he is)

Departure to Seattle

09/03 - London Heathrow - Terminal 4 or 5 (could be either) - Flight no. BA0049 departing 15:15 GMT

Note: Some of us will be coming from other parts of London and getting to Heathrow via Paddington by using the Heathrow Express. You're welcome to join us at that point. PM me if you're interested.

Arrival at PAX/Seattle

09/03 16:45 International terminal - NOTE: SEA International Terminal is quite a distance from the domestic one and luggage can be checked in twice to rather than you lugging it across the airport internal transit system. This does carry the risk of it getting lost but at least it's somewhere in the airport and not halfway across the Atlantic.

Departure from Seattle

09/07 British Airways flight no. BA0048 leaving at 18:50 PST from SEA International Terminal

Arrival at London Heathrow Terminal 4 or 5

09/08 - 11:50 GMT and massive amounts of jet lag. Travelling from West to East is a painful experience due to time difference issues. You have been warned!

On a final note, be sure to check out my mobile gaming thread here for advice on games to play on the 9.5 hour flight.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm still debating alternative means of getting to Seattle. For instance, I'm still waiting to hear back from Michael Phelps about my sea chariot idea.

(Haven't booked my flights yet but I'll stick it on here as soon as I have!)

Frightfully English on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just wanted to let all the folks who are traveling to/from San Francisco International via Bay Bridge.

The annual "Let's-Close-Down-The-Bay-Bridge-During-Labor-Day-Weekend-So-CalTrans-Can-Attempt-To-Continue-The-Renovation" has been announced on April 8th in the San Francisco Chronicles.

The dates are from Friday, September 4th - Monday, September 7th.

Times of closing it and reopening it have not been announced, but CalTrans is hoping for late Thusday evening to close it and reopen no later than 5AM Tuesday morning.

If you need alternate routes from the Airport to your permanent location of residence, then please use GoogleMaps, MapQuest, or your GPS in your vehicle.

For more information about this, please go to SFGate.com

CaptainTapole on
  • millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    millislim
    depart: Friday 4th 7:00am
    Sacramento, CA (SMF)
    Alaska Airlines Flight 373

arrive: Friday 4th 8:49am
    Seattle, WA (SEA)

depart: Sunday 6th 7:55pm
    Seattle, WA (SEA)
    Alaska Airlines Flight: 374

arrive: Sunday 6th 9:38pm
    Sacramento, CA (SMF)

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • DorkaliciousDorkalicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dorkalicious + Scoop20906

Airtran
    Departing: Wednesday, September 02, 2009
    Baltimore/Washington, MD (BWI) to Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA) Flight 223
    Takeoff: 7:00 AM Arrive: 9:40 AM

Airtran
    Returning: Monday, September 07, 2009
    Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA) to Baltimore/Washington, MD (BWI) Flight 243
    Takeoff: 10:30 AM Arrive: 6:29 PM

Dorkalicious on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Themindtaker is essited.

Frontier Airlines
    Trip out: Flight 551 connecting to Flight 811 in DEN
    Takeoff: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 4:05 PM from DAY
    Arrival: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:38 PM in SEA

Returning: Flight 612 connecting to Flight 197 in DEN
    Takeoff: Monday, September 07, 2009 2:39 PM from SEA
    Arrival: Monday, September 07, 2009 11:35 PM in DAY

Themindtaker on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, right now I basically two options for flying home. One is a refundable flight that leaves at 8:30pm on Monday for $86. The other is a non-refundable flight that leaves at 11:30am on Monday for $66. The only other options involve extremely long layovers (Seattle to LA, LA to Reno. WTF? Worse than WoW taxis) and more money, so let's assume they don't exist.

I'm wary of purchasing a non-refundable flight this far ahead. It's only $66, but still. If something disastrous were to happen that prevented me from going to PAX, I would like to be able to cancel my flight and get the money back. And I don't mind paying the $20 difference for the peace of mind of having the ticket be refundable.

So here's my question: I won't have a hotel for Monday, and PAX will be gone (sadness). Is there anyone else who would be around on Monday? We could hang out, play games somewhere, get some food, see Seattle, whatever. I just don't want to hang out in Seattle ALL DAY alone, that would kind of suck. But if there's fun to be had, everything would work out great and I could book the refundable 8:30pm flight.

Monday? Anybody?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just a quick FYI (especially for my fellow PHX folks) -

Southwest is now booking September flights. The prices are still a little high ($116 each way to Seattle), so I'd suggest waiting, but the option is there!

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    shugarae wrote: »
    Just a quick FYI (especially for my fellow PHX folks) -

Southwest is now booking September flights. The prices are still a little high ($116 each way to Seattle), so I'd suggest waiting, but the option is there!

Excellent! I'd wait until mid-May, early June, but as soon as that PHX-SEA hits $99 both ways, grab it.

AltDelete on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bought my tickets today due to an awesome Virgin America sale, $59 each way from LAX. Just me going.

Arriving Sept 2 at 10:15am on VX 781
    Departing Sept 7 at 11:15am on VX 784

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got lucky and picked up on an Air Canada seat sale... the ticket I bought has almost doubled in price since I bought it Monday:

Arriving Sept 3 at 11:38 on AC543
    Departing Sept 7 at 12:20 on AC542

MrBartokomous on
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Themindtaker is essited.

Frontier Airlines
    Trip out: Flight 551 connecting to Flight 811 in DEN
    Takeoff: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 4:05 PM from DAY
    Arrival: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:38 PM in SEA

Returning: Flight 612 connecting to Flight 197 in DEN
    Takeoff: Monday, September 07, 2009 2:39 PM from SEA
    Arrival: Monday, September 07, 2009 11:35 PM in DAY

Zomg, you're from Dayton?
    I was born there.
    Ohioans unite!

SergeantAuberie on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Yes, let's stand united in the knowledge that Ohio sucks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yes, let's stand united in the knowledge that Ohio sucks.

Ha. I left that sorry little state.
    Texas is bigger, but not much better

SergeantAuberie on
  • darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    darkgrue

Thu Sep 03
    Departs: Los Angeles Int'l, CA (LAX) at 12:30PM
    Arrives: Seattle/Tacoma Int'l, WA (SEA) at 2:58PM

Sun Sep 06
    Departs: Seattle/Tacoma Int'l, WA (SEA) at 10:00AM
    Arrives: Los Angeles Int'l, CA (LAX) at 12:39PM

darkgrue on
    edited April 2009
    Never been to Ohio...
    had a boyfriend who lived there--and Tokyo--but let's not open up that can o' worms.

...Never had an inkling to, and I guess Moe placed the stamp of sucky-state approval on it.

Anywho! OP ish dated-o-the-up.

CaptainTapole on
    edited April 2009
    The only exception is Cedar Point, which is the home of the best roller coasters in the universe.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    The only exception is Cedar Point, which is the home of the best roller coasters in the universe.

Not to hijack the thread again, but... Moe, you going to be around this summer?
    I'm visiting the 'hio and plan on hitting up Cedar Point.
    Figured it might be cool to get some others/PAXers on board if interested.

SergeantAuberie on
    edited April 2009
    I'm always around. I don't know if I'm going to be able to swing Cedar Point this summer. As it is, if I don't find a second job for the summer, I'll be putting all of PAX on my credit card.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sooo I've booked my flights. For mysterious reasons known only unto myself, I'm flying from Indianapolis to Seattle on Tues 1st September.

Depart Indianapolis 1415 Arrive Dallas 1530 (AA flight 1489)
    Depart Dallas 1630 Arrive Seattle 1850 (AA flight 1255)

And returning to the UK on Mon 7th September

Depart Seattle 1205 Arrive Chicago 1805 (AA flight 1152)
    Depart Chicago 2015 Arrive London Heathrow 1000 (+1 day) (AA flight 46)

So yes, I'm excited! Also, anything going down on the Tuesday night, so I don't have to sit in my hotel room with nought to do but recover from my jetlag?

Frightfully English on
  • BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm flying Virgin America because I like them:

Going:
    03-Sep-2009 VX 789 LOS ANGELES, CA (LAX) 12:05PM SEATTLE, WA (SEA) 02:40PM

Leaving:
    06-Sep-2009 VX 796 SEATTLE, WA (SEA) 08:55PM LOS ANGELES, CA (LAX) 11:40PM

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
    edited May 2009
    BUMP!

I kinda figured this needed it due to the fact that I am seeing folks in here on other threads stating that they have booked their flights.

It's not required or anything to that sort to state your itinerary.

But just in cases you wanted to! Finding fellow PAXians on the plane is rather entertaining.

P.S. 114 Days and counting!

CaptainTapole on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You should post especially if you are flying from Newark, NJ, so that we can get 8 player mario kart going on the plane ride!

PeasantDave on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I got my flight.

Depart Toronto airport at 6:30 am, arrive in Chicago at 7:25am
    Depart Chicago at 8:30, arrive in Seattle at 11:00 am

and for the way back,

Depart Seattle at 8:45am, arrive in Chicago at 2:40pm
    Depart Chicago at 3:45 pm, arrive in Toronto at 6:20pm

Hopefully someone else is on this flight with a DS, because I know my dad will be hogging the PSP (he found Untold Legends, hasn't stopped since)

Brex123 on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Trying to leave Indiana Sept 3rd, before noon... and come back on Sept 6th, after PAX (or at least sometime after 6... not sure how to do that, though, since I would have already checked out of the hotel? What do I do with my bags?)

So far the flights are in the 3-500 range... which sucks. Should I wait?

GPIA7R on
    edited June 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    So far the flights are in the 3-500 range... which sucks. Should I wait?

My suggestion for you--and for ANYONE who has yet to get flight tickets--do it now. Southwest may be having a sale now; but as soon as July hits, it will rise due to being Summer and folks wanting to travel.

P.S. I love you for reviving this thread.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2009
    Update on the San Francisco Bay Bridge Seismic Project During Labor Day Weekend

They will be closing it at 8PM Thursday (9/3). When it is reopening is still up in the air. My mum told me it will not open until 5AM Tuesday (9/8); but the official Bay Bridge website has not confirmed a date/time.

The link below is the direct link to the Bay Bridge Project's Official Website.

Bay Bridge Info

Bay Bridge General Factsheet

The link above is a PDF file for all the information and general knowledge sorts for the Bay Bridge which includes a mini-map of other routes that can be taken to get to/from The City.

And on a note of flights. My times got changed. Getting to Seattle a half-hour earlier, but leaving Seattle two hours earlier. Lame.

CaptainTapole on
  • PsynergyPsynergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DAMN IT, why don't airlines book flights the way hotels do. Why can't I just book it now, and pay at the airport!!

I'm a freshly graduated student, I have no cash yet!

Psynergy on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just booked 2 people from Phoenix to Seattle via US Airways (and the Bing Travel Adviser)

Here's our itinerary:

10:23 AM 03 Sep 2009 71 Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
    Airbus A320 Seattle, WA (SEA) 1:30 PM 03 Sep 2009 Meal: None
    Class: Coach
    4:45 PM 07 Sep 2009 426 Seattle, WA (SEA)
    Airbus A319 Phoenix, AZ (PHX) 7:38 PM 07 Sep 2009 Meal: None
    Class: Coach

2 Passenger(s)
    Fare $431.64
    Taxes & Fees $74.76
    Grand Total $506.40

Bing says prices are on the rise and Southwest seems to confirm the trend. Now's the time!

AltDelete on
    edited June 2009
    Can't afford to stay in the Grand Hyatt Sunday night... but Southwest doesn't have any late flights back on Sunday. Only thing available is 9 in the morning, and that just won't do.

Might have to check a 2nd provider for the flight back -_-

GPIA7R on
    edited June 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Can't afford to stay in the Grand Hyatt Sunday night... but Southwest doesn't have any late flights back on Sunday. Only thing available is 9 in the morning, and that just won't do.

Might have to check a 2nd provider for the flight back -_-

You could always check out the Room Share Thread and ask if anyone is willing to bunk with you for just Sunday evening. Pay in cash/check/alcohol/food/whatever else?

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2009
    Okie! OP ish update to include the recently purchased flights from the fellow Flyers...except for Mr. Brex123's info.

You kinda forgot to add in what dates/airlines. If you don't want to do the airlines, I will understand--but dates? Pwease?

Also, about three weeks ago, I got an EMail from PriceLine saying that my flight times have changed. I am now getting to Seattle a half-hour soon than originally planned (yay!) but leaving two hours earlier on Monday back to San Francisco (boo!) So, I changed it on the OP.

If you have any changes between now and the day of your flight, please post it here or PM me and I will see the changes will be reflected on the OP.

Another thing. I am not too sure if Moe, or whoever it was, will be doing another CCFT shirt this year. Maybe? Maybe not? It didn't happen until the beginning of August last year; but it would be neat. If not! Then, I can totally create something quickly on CafePress or Zazzle.

CaptainTapole on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You kinda forgot to add in what dates/airlines. If you don't want to do the airlines, I will understand--but dates? Pwease?

Sorry, Completely forgot about that. I am coming in on the Thursday, and leaving on the Monday. I am taking American Airlines as well. Don't have the flight numbers with me right now, but I will update when I find them. I think my flight has a small time change too, but I need to check for exactly what times.

Brex123 on
    edited June 2009
    You = Awesome.

And whenever you get the chance for the new times/flight numbers, it's all cool. I'm weirdly anal when it comes to listing stuff (keeping it all the same and blah-dee-blah.)

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2009
    Got my departing flight purchased. Working on the return flight details.

Departing Flight Information - Thursday, September 3, 2009 (Arrives Thursday, September 3, 2009)

Northwest Airlines
    (operated by Delta Airlines)
    Flight 9281
    3h 40m , 1351mi From
    Indianapolis Intl (IND)
    Indianapolis, IN
    Departs: 7:15 A.M. To
    Salt Lake City Intl (SLC)
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Arrives: 8:55 A.M. Aircraft
    McDonnell Douglas MD90 (Jet)
    Economy/Coach Class