As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tehnakki wrote: »
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Blah. Whatever. Don't dissolve us. Just don't give us an individual route and we can follow one team until a cross paths bar, then flip to another team, meet at cross paths bar, flip to last team.

I like this idea. Just 'cause all you guys are too lame to realise that Hufflepuff is the best doesn't mean you should be deprived of our awesome presence. Let us follow each house for a time, drink your prefects and head of house into the ground, and continue on our way.

And Aza, we don't want to be merged with Ravenclaw, we just realise the benefits of being in league with another house against the conglomerate of gryffindor/slytherin.

Won't that end up with the Hufflepuff people going to some bars twice? I dunno, I haven't been before but it kinda sucks that nobody gets to see everybody.

Asiina on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Trust me, there will be plenty of people to see.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Plus, if you have energy left, you could always meet up after.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm sure we'll all break off and mix-up and whatnot along the way. Plus, we'll all be on the hill.

Look for the other people talking loudly and dressed up like wizards. Trust me on this one.

eye-shuh on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maybe I have a cloak of invisibility... then what hunh? HUNH?

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

You don't.

Atlus Parker on
    edited April 2009

You don't.

:(

BrokenAngel on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So guys. The NFL season schedule just came out and as fortune would have it, you'll be sharing the bars that night with a bunch of Seahawks and Raiders fans.

Whenever you walk into a bar and the game is on, I say you start talking about strange muggle games and compare it to the latest Quidditch match.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited April 2009
    GENIUS.

.. except I'm a jedi. Dammit.

... now I'm totally undecided.

Sumi on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hahahaha!

BA and Liger, I <3 you!

MetaverseNomad on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Raiders fans? Ooh, this will be interesting! XD

guess I'm wearing my Seahawks jersey that night. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Liger, that's awesome =)=) This turn of events drastically increases my desire to dress up =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Plus, if you have energy left, you could always meet up after.

Uh yeah, going *into* the final bar last year there were maybe only like 15 people left. I doubt any of them were up to much of anything once leaving it. :P

I know Atlus wasn't. :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm, if I wear my 12th Man flag as a wizard's cape, I can (barely) fit back in with the HP theme while wearing my Morman garb. It's so convoluted it just might work!

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmm, I look forward to this quite a bit. I'm trying to figure out budgeting for PAX in general. Any guesstimates on how much you spent on the pub crawl last year?

MeeOk on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It really is up to you and how fancy you drink. If you are a beer and cider person then not much. If you are into shots it'll add up. I think I spent about a $75-100 on the crawl last year between buying drinks for myself and for friends. But remember that I like to roll on 32's and Cristal.

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    I spent $7, but thats cause I am a lightweight.

If you need a lot of booze, Shirts that show lots of cleavage might help lower the cost substantially.

BrokenAngel on
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    It really is up to you and how fancy you drink. If you are a beer and cider person then not much. If you are into shots it'll add up. I think I spent about a $75-100 on the crawl last year between buying drinks for myself and for friends. But remember that I like to roll on 32's and Cristal.

Hmm, well I don't really fancy to many beers, and girly drinks/shots are tasty.. In my head I'd guessed maybe $100. Maybe I'll just overbudget for $150 instead. Oof PAX this year should be interesting, now that I'm not totally broke, AND turning 21 the weekend before = w00t

MeeOk on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Hmmm, if I wear my 12th Man flag as a wizard's cape, I can (barely) fit back in with the HP theme while wearing my Morman garb. It's so convoluted it just might work!

It's not hard of you shoot for a Harry Potter themed tie.
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Hmm, I look forward to this quite a bit. I'm trying to figure out budgeting for PAX in general. Any guesstimates on how much you spent on the pub crawl last year?

Like Mao said, as much as you want to spend. It was costly for me last year, but I was playing catch up with car bombs the whole night for myself and company.

If you need a lot of booze, Shirts that show lots of cleavage might help lower the cost substantially.

As sad as I want to admit, this too is true. Expect free drinks just for being a chick.

redhalo on
    edited April 2009

I mirror this sentiment. Last year my friend got some chicks to flash us so really stay near him and you probably could trade boobflashes for drinks all night long.

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Like Mao said, as much as you want to spend. It was costly for me last year, but I was playing catch up with car bombs the whole night for myself and company.

As sad as I want to admit, this too is true. Expect free drinks just for being a chick.

I'm figuring after the hotel which I think is going to be between 200-300, since I'm sharing, and then wanting to buy other random stuff I need to have about 500-600 saved up..?

MeeOk on
    edited April 2009

I mirror this sentiment. Last year my friend got some chicks to flash us so really stay near him and you probably could trade boobflashes for drinks all night long.

Damn it, I'm already going to be wearing a corset. I'm not going to trade flashes of bewb for booze. I'm not. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

MeeOk on
    edited April 2009
    I'm figuring after the hotel which I think is going to be between 200-300, since I'm sharing, and then wanting to buy other random stuff I need to have about 500-600 saved up..?

That sounds about right. Last year for me:

Hotel - 100
    Flight - 225
    Crawl - 100
    Food/Booze - 200ish

$625 total

Damn it, I'm already going to be wearing a corset. I'm not going to trade flashes of bewb for booze. I'm not. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

Later that night MeeOk flashed the entire bar Coyote Ugly style.

MaoChan on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Hotel - 100
    Flight - 225
    Crawl - 100
    Food/Booze - 200ish

$625 total

Ugh, I spent so much more last year because I didn't plan. This year is looking more on par with your numbers.

redhalo on
    edited April 2009

Hotel - 100
    Flight - 225
    Crawl - 100
    Food/Booze - 200ish

$625 total

Later that night MeeOk flashed the entire bar Coyote Ugly style.

I.. am going to do my damnedest to not get so trashed that I think doing the above is a good idea.

I don't even have to fly in, I live on Capitol Hill....... but I would rather overbudget than underbudget

MeeOk on
    edited April 2009
    I.. am going to do my damnedest to not get so trashed that I think doing the above is a good idea.

I don't even have to fly in, I live on Capitol Hill....... but I would rather overbudget than underbudget

If you think that's a serious danger, find someone you can trust with the task of making sure you keep your clothes on.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Hmmm...I'm torn between my instinctual desire for free booze, and the knowledge that I graduate from nursing school the end of June which makes me feel like I should present myself with a degree of maturity and decorum.

....Eh, screw it. I want free drinks, dammit!!

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm...I'm torn between my instinctual desire for free booze, and the knowledge that I graduate from nursing school the end of June which makes me feel like I should present myself with a degree of maturity and decorum in a low cut nurse uniform.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

I was thinking of wearing my South Park tie, provided I can find it.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    skarsol wrote: »
    Hmmm...I'm torn between my instinctual desire for free booze, and the knowledge that I graduate from nursing school the end of June which makes me feel like I should present myself with a degree of maturity and decorum in a low cut nurse uniform.

I can't help but notice that being quoted makes new words pop into my sentences...

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I work at a hospital.. the nurses don't seem to have that much maturity and decorum until they get old.. you should be fine!

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've been looking for an excuse to buy this, but something tells me that possessing a cane on a bar crawl would lead to either A: losing it or B: people getting injured.
    Edit: Well, probably both.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    I've been looking for an excuse to buy this, but something tells me that possessing a cane on a bar crawl would lead to either A: losing it or B: people getting injured.

I'll tell you right now that I'm no longer allowed to possess blunt objects when I'm drinking. Too many shins were hit when I was Dr House for Halloween.

Atlus Parker on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'll tell you right now that I'm no longer allowed to possess blunt objects when I'm drinking. Too many shins were hit when I was Dr House for Halloween.

Isn't that just "staying in character"? I hope you were also abusing prescription medication.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited April 2009

Lol! I was wondering why you picked such a creepy photo for your avatar. Now it all makes sense.

Sumi on
  • IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, a bit new to the terminology. I keep hearing about a PAX pub crawl - is this it? If so I'm totally down.

Do I - do I have to wear Harry Potter stuff?

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ishbu wrote: »
    So, a bit new to the terminology. I keep hearing about a PAX pub crawl - is this it? If so I'm totally down.

Yes, this is it.

Yes, you do.
    No, not really.
    Yeah, really.
    No, not really.:P

SlickShughes on
  • IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OK good times. We'll have to see about the wizard garb. As for which house, I don't really care. I may end up bringing a guest but I won't know for certain on that for a while.

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yes, you do.
    No, not really.
    Yeah, really.

It's more fun that way! Granted, I will be a Muggle; but think of me like a Mr. Weasley--a Muggle who is highly interested in the Wizarding World.

...I'm sure there is a Fan-Fic somewhere where there is a Muggle Liaison--aside from the Prime Minister of the Muggle World.

Shutting up now.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yes, you do.
    No, not really.
    Yeah, really.

It's more fun that way! Granted, I will be a Muggle; but think of me like a Mr. Weasley--a Muggle who is highly interested in the Wizarding World.

...I'm sure there is a Fan-Fic somewhere where there is a Muggle Liaison--aside from the Prime Minister of the Muggle World.

Shutting up now.

You mean like an inverse Mr. Weasely then?
    Oh gods, I've said too much.

SlickShughes on
This discussion has been closed.