As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic for Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2»

• DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    lol waitress ass.
    I worked at a movie theater before, and we never had any rats.
    Lots of tripping concessionists on butter/melted ice, though.

Dondums on
    internet
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    She looks like the type of waitress to call you "shugga" and "hon" and say things like "well kiss my grits!"

Comic gets a 701.0023 on the Fruenhoffer-Zeitgeist scale of funny.

jwalk on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That waitress is Annarchy, she's 15 now and has a job. Happy fapping dudes.

TankHammer on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Have we got any proof that Twisp is the cat and Catsby is the demon? Like, have G&T ever said "yes that's how it is"? Because I always figured it was just a typo that people latched onto--that the speech bubbles got reversed.

Captain K on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I thought they answered that question at the MIT talk, but I might be mistaken.

I found a horribly mangled copy of it:
    Well, we never really asserted who each one was... like everything else is so ridiculous where they live that it seemed perfectly legitimate at the time.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Twisp is the cat and Catsby is the demon. It was on a podcast or something; maybe the MIT talk.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I thought they answered that question at the MIT talk, but I might be mistaken.

I found a horribly mangled copy of it:
    Well, we never really asserted who each one was... like everything else is so ridiculous where they live that it seemed perfectly legitimate at the time.

You are correct sir.

TankHammer on
    edited February 2007
    I wonder the origins.

Maybe Twisp and a few other kitties were hanging out by an unnamed demon and person 1 asks person 2 else, "Who's the cats by?" And person 2 points to the demon.

And the demon figures "Catsby" is his name-o.

Just speculation.

Squashua on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That's some terrible speculation.

Defender on
  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I e-mailed Tycho the day the strip printed asking him if he realized that he named the cat "twisp" and the demon "catsby".

He said "We do realize! -(CW)TB"

Strato on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    one time i emailed tycho because i didn't know shit about computers, asking about some hardware or something and not expecting anything back

the next day i get like four detailed paragraphs suggesting different setups falling under categories of what my different needs may be and i was just totally fucking impressed and thought it was awesome

mrpaku on
    edited February 2007
    One time I signed up for the forums and made a thread with a simple posted question directed to Tycho.

I received several answers and about hundred posts from asshats informing me that I'm a dumbass and Tycho never posts to the forums.

Very few were sympathetic.

Then Tycho makes a post in the thread; "Why, hello." or something.

And then a bunch of mods hijack it and rename the thread "The thread in which Tycho posts!"

Holy crap, I didn't post again for a couple years.

Squashua on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    20060801.jpg

Javen on
  • HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The Crocotillian is where the names are for the learning.

Insubstantial!

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The mouse in the burger sells it for me.

Also, I had completely forgotten about that movie until they mentioned it, and now I want to watch it.

DarkPrimus on
  • MadJackMadJack Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    damn i was looking at some old toys of mine the other day and was trying to figure out what show they were from. i damn near forgot about captain power.i used to use my sauran figure with my g.i joes.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Butler wrote: »
    I think there was a Warner Bros. cartoon where Porky Pig had a mouse in his house. So Daffy Duck sold him a cat to get rid of it. Then he sold him a dog to get rid of the cat, and so on, until he had an elephant taking up half his house and Daffy gave him a mouse to get rid of it. Then Porky beat the shit out of him with an umbrella.

It was a hotel. Porky checked into a hotel owned by Daffy and the room only cost a dime. Then Daffy sent up a mouse with a piece of celery through one of those airtube thingies that you see at the drive-thru of a bank.

The mouse was noisy eating the celery, so Porky called the front desk, and Daffy brought up a cat to take care of it and charged for it. Then the cat wouldn't get out of the bed, so he brought up a dog and charged for it. The dog was a boxer, so Daffy rung a bell in the room and the dog started punching Porky (boxer, get it, lol!).

It escalated from there and came back around to the mouse to scare off the elephant.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited March 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    I think there was a Warner Bros. cartoon where Porky Pig had a mouse in his house. So Daffy Duck sold him a cat to get rid of it. Then he sold him a dog to get rid of the cat, and so on, until he had an elephant taking up half his house and Daffy gave him a mouse to get rid of it. Then Porky beat the shit out of him with an umbrella.

It was a hotel. Porky checked into a hotel owned by Daffy and the room only cost a dime. Then Daffy sent up a mouse with a piece of celery through one of those airtube thingies that you see at the drive-thru of a bank.

The mouse was noisy eating the celery, so Porky called the front desk, and Daffy brought up a cat to take care of it and charged for it. Then the cat wouldn't get out of the bed, so he brought up a dog and charged for it. The dog was a boxer, so Daffy rung a bell in the room and the dog started punching Porky (boxer, get it, lol!).

It escalated from there and came back around to the mouse to scare off the elephant.

The cartoon was about the many failings of capitalism I see.

TankHammer on
  • Lt. Eggman5Lt. Eggman5 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My slices, can we discuss the last two Achewoods? Man, I would bend over for Onstad, if he wasn't into it I'd back into him. 'Cos damn.

Lt. Eggman5 on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    oh man achewood

I am so adding it to my rss bar

don't know why I didn't earlier

but hahahahha ray's flowchart is the best thing ever

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited March 2007
    let's turn this mother up

mrpaku on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    let's turn this mother out.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Now, how to turn this particular mother out.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited March 2007
    Wheelbarrow?

TankHammer on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Is it a basic time of friends?

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    OK we can all actually just go and read the comic, we don't need to walk through the flowchart here.

Defender on
    edited March 2007
    can we put some heat under this sucker

mrpaku on
  • kzkb1kzkb1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pictures are funnier than the dialogue.

kzkb1 on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    PBF has been on a roll lately.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Philippe.jpg

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    OK we can all actually just go and read the comic, we don't need to walk through the flowchart here.
    We are trying to provoke Geek.

Butler on
This discussion has been closed.