As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Work that is Skittles to Your Eyeballs + NEW WORK..

nukedannukedan Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Artist's Corner
EDIT: OLDER WORK = CAR AND LEAVES

New work. New site. I got sick and tired of trying to make my 'blog' look like everyone else's, so I just did whatever the hell I wanted. I also took a different turn with my artwork, again doing whatever I wanted instead of trying to be too anal and perfect.

http://www.danselleck.com

As for the new work:

soldier.jpg

man.jpg

dog.jpg

wolf.jpg

dog2.jpg

horsemen.jpg

banner.jpg
nukedan on

• Options
    spambotspambot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, man. You gotta be true to the style you want to do.
    I think it turned out pretty cool. I like the hand made sketchiness that you are doing in your work.

spambot on
    WingDamage.com - An Editorial Gaming Blog

Here There Be Robots - All ages Sci-Fi/Adventure comic
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks. :D

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    mimizumimizu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    the first dog seems to be flouting.

mimizu on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Too much bloom in the first piece! Other than that, though, I really like your linework. :)

Flay on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My eyes are tasting the rainbow! Love the first two the best, but yeah, the bloom could be scaled down a bit.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hey guys, thanks for posting. I'm still getting used to this new style. I've been doing 'on-location' drawing for so long it's hard to start making this stuff up from my head.

However, I think I've had a fairly nice breakthrough with this:

yelling-gaurd.jpg

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    BDHigginsBDHiggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like that one there.
    I'm not an expert, it could benefit from another layer of rain behind the... stuff in front(foreground? I don't know the terminology).
    To give the weather some more depth, you know? Maybe even some occasional sharper raindrop... explosions... on the guy and the sign.

I dig the great dane, too, and the guy in the first one has neat lighting.

Out of curiosity, what ppi do you work at?

EDIT: I tried adding more rain in front of the background and I guess Radar(below) is right. Tee-hee! Nevermind, then. But I still like it, and the guy and the dog, like I said.

BDHiggins on
    That's so awesome.
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    BDHiggins wrote: »
    I like that one there.
    I'm not an expert, it could benefit from another layer of rain behind the... stuff in front(foreground? I don't know the terminology).
    To give the weather some more depth, you know? Maybe even some occasional sharper raindrop... explosions... on the guy and the sign.

I dig the great dane, too, and the guy in the first one has neat lighting.

Out of curiosity, what ppi do you work at?

I pretty much disagree with what you're saying here. There is sort of depth to the weather, as evidenced by the fact that there are brighter and more transparent raindrops. Also, more defined raindrops on the sign would be a bad idea, simply because it is more in the background than the man. Though, perhaps a little less blurring with the raindrops on the man (and, perhaps, a little less brightness with the raindrops overall) would achieve what you're going for.

Also, one question I might have is exactly what's up with the white backlighting (and... forelighting, for that matter)? I see you have kind of a cool cyan backlight on the figure, which looks awesome, but the white light doesn't really make much sense. If you're trying to represent the rain hitting him, it doesn't really come across like that, and at the very least those lights should be brighter versions of the light sources near them (so, bright orange red on his left side and bright cyan on his right) And, another point of contention is the white near the clouds, which seems to be brighter than the sun.

I really like your folds, and I must say, your sketchy style of lineart is pretty cool. Areas of weakness there? The hands, and the dude's watch. The face, I'm not sure on. It's exaggerated, but that could be your style (i.e, big/high mouths, short noses, small eyes), and it doesn't really look bad. Though, perhaps a little weird. Anyway, the hands just kind of need work, like the fingers being constant in the lower one. As for the upper one, I think you can have "sloppy lines" and still have lines be in the right place. Like, getting rid of that sketchy "x" on his hand would improve it a bit. The watch, same kinda deal, and it's a little lopsided.

Overall, cool stuff. I really like your tricked out colors, and the dog above is just sick. I suck at animal anatomy. I'd like to see some more stuff from you.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    mimizumimizu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

It makes mimizu think of this:

star-fox-barrel-roll.jpg

sorry about that.

mimizu on
  • Options
    NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    How did you not post the cuddlefish in the thread. It is easily my favorite.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Radar6590 ~ I've actually been drawing 'on-location' or 'sketchcrawl' style for years. I recently tried to make the jump to more of an animated appearance because I wanted a new challenge. I felt like I sort've topped out on my other technique so I'm trying to get some footing doing something else.

I think all of your criticisms are valid. I do need to work on my anatomy a HELLUVA lot more (and I sort've gave up on the watch. ;) )

Nastyman ~ I didn't include the cuttlefish because it was an older piece. Sorry.

Some of my older work:

toldcar.jpg

leaves.jpg

nukedan on
    banner.jpg