As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shaving problems

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    here is the thing about protests though

as a percentage of the population, even 1 million is still scant few

Not exactly.
    Consider that a huge chunk of people are too old or too young to participate. Next consider that another huge chunk are too far away from major protests (i.e. rural areas or smaller cities). Next another chunk that has a full-time job or busy caring for family that simply can't leave for such things. You're left with a very small number of people that can even hope to do this stuff.
    Of those even capable, some support the action, some are torn, some don't even care. Some care, but not enough to do something.
    Get the idea? Take the population of the US. I bet only 10 million or so people are even capable of going to the DC thing

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElectricBoogalooElectricBoogaloo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All activism seems to achieve is hairy armpits on chicks and smelly dudes who do not have a job. And this in itself is a WMD.

Also, I hate it when after you shave and are at work when you notice a tiny patch of stubble you missed with your razor. Then your hand is unconsciously drawn to it for the rest of the day. Then you get home all irritated and shave the fuck out of that tiny patch. Maybe this is just me.

ElectricBoogaloo on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Jennifer wrote: »
    oh and on the brows you have to keep shaving really often. that is just a pain.

Why would you remove all of your eyebrow hair and draw a line to represent that hair on your face.

A little touch up eyebrow pencil, fine, but lose the whole thing and draw it own?

That is ugly.
    most of the girls i've seen do it always look surprised.

In San Antonio, Latinas are having that shit tattooed on their faces. It looks goofy as shit. Sometimes, they just get the outline tattooed.

Hence why I only like the Latina butt, not the face.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Machismo wrote: »

Not exactly.
    Consider that a huge chunk of people are too old or too young to participate. Next consider that another huge chunk are too far away from major protests (i.e. rural areas or smaller cities). Next another chunk that has a full-time job or busy caring for family that simply can't leave for such things. You're left with a very small number of people that can even hope to do this stuff.
    Of those even capable, some support the action, some are torn, some don't even care. Some care, but not enough to do something.
    Get the idea? Take the population of the US. I bet only 10 million or so people are even capable of going to the DC thing

You are asking us to consider the people who did not vote in the election.

If you did not go, then you do not count.

sarukun on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have pointed eyebrows. They are awesome.

Also, this thread reminded me that I need to shave.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2007

Not exactly.

well yeah, there are 101 things that can make protests a really bad way of gauging what people think about things

bongi on
  • Options
    JenniferJennifer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Why would you remove all of your eyebrow hair and draw a line to represent that hair on your face.

A little touch up eyebrow pencil, fine, but lose the whole thing and draw it own?

That is ugly.

I never did it. I lived with a girl who did. She had really horrible eyebrows and ended up shaving them and drawing them on. I think a lot of older woemn do it now, because they plucked so much that the hair started to not grow back.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

In San Antonio, Latinas are having that shit tattooed on their faces. It looks goofy as shit. Sometimes, they just get the outline tattooed.

you must be hanging on the south side or something man. I don't see freaky stuff like that too much in universal city.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

you must be hanging on the south side or something man. I don't see freaky stuff like that took much in universal city.

"Latinas" is kind of a large group to be making that generalization about in the first place.

You don't see many Latinas in Uruguay sporting that look.

I think they might arrest you if you wore it in Spain.

I *know* they would arrest you in Cuba.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

you must be hanging on the south side or something man. I don't see freaky stuff like that took much in universal city.

"Latinas" is kind of a large group to be making that generalization about in the first place.

why did you quote me and not mach?

Jennifer on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I just want everyone to know that I bought that Martin and it's great and life is good and I love you all.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Because you're both racists so what's the difference?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh and he is not speaking of Latinas of all areas, he is speaking about all of the ones in san Antonio. Those Latinas I can tell you are almost all of Mexican decent. I am not being stereo typical either. It is a statistical fact.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

Latinas tends to be a term used to refer to females of a hispanic heritage in the US.
    If you don't pay attention to context, then you miss out.

Frankly, I don't care about the norm in other countries with their majorities.
    I lived in Miami. I know that most Cuban women don't do it (instead, every other women seems to get boob jobs for her and her daughter).

Hell, is Latina a term even used for Hispanics outside of the US?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    you know at barbershops, theyll trim that shit up for you

personally? i cant gow more than a thin wisp of stubble. and i shave it off as often as possible

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    A decent beard requires a fair amount of maintenance but it's not a big deal. I prefer it to competely shaving every day or so.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

you must be hanging on the south side or something man. I don't see freaky stuff like that too much in universal city.

I live actually west of town outside of 1604 near 151. Although almost all my friends are Latino. We want cheap beers, we hit up some bar in the barrios. We want a relaxing time, we go up scale and pay twice as much for a beer. Seriously, I love the south side. I can get a beer for a buck!

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

I was agreeing with you in the "I don't know any Latinas that do that to their faces" thing.

I don't know, I like to keep forum flow. I said it after I read your post, so I quote yours.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Yes.

That is why I brought it up.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

I was agreeing with you in the "I don't know any Latinas that do that to their faces" thing.

I don't know, I like to keep forum flow. I said it after I read your post, so I quote yours.

Ah ok, I gotcha. Well just so you know. Universal city is connected to San Antonio. It is basiclly another area of SA. When I said what I said to him, he knew I was basiclly talking about the north side of town.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Yes.

Oh well then. It is the term that is preferred by most Hispanics that I know. It is not a generalization since I specified San Antonio, and the term Latina instead of Hispanic tends to include a reference to the subculture as well.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm about to have to drive down MLK. There's a barbecue place with a car wash that I'm tempted to try out.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »
    I have had a very cleanly trimmed goatee for about 3 years now, with the rest of my facial hair always properly shaved.

However, I have been very sick with the flu for the past 2 weeks, and haven't shaved once in that time span. So, now I have an extremely unruly goatee, and a semi-thick beard over the rest of my face. And not those nice, doctor-looking beards that are shaved around the edges and well trimmed, but those nasty "hair is growing near my eyelids and down my chest!" kinda beards. It's kinda nasty.

I wanna go back to normal tonight, but I don't have an electric trimmer to shorten the hair before shaving, and if I just start shaving with the hair this long, many pieces are gonna rip out and i'll get nasty razor burn, which is worse than this irritating beard.

So.... what to do? Wax? Let it grow until it hits the floor?

Buy an electric trimmer.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    I'm about to have to drive down MLK. There's a barbecue place with a car wash that I'm tempted to try out.

Houston?
    There was a BBQ place on MLK down there that kicked so much ass. The owner made the best damn ribs and shit. A real "soul food" kinda place too. Best cornbread ever!

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Houston?
    There was a BBQ place on MLK down there that kicked so much ass. The owner made the best damn ribs and shit. A real "soul food" kinda place too. Best cornbread ever!

any idea what the name of it is? sounds worth trying out

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    corn bread and ribs sound like sex right about now

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Nah, San Antonio. It was related, as you were all talking about San Antonio.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All this talk of trimming and shaving made me visit the barber for a haircut.

Bunta on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    corn bread and ribs sound like sex right about now

Oh, man! Been a while since I've had some good ribs.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That is ugly.

Ah ok, I gotcha. Well just so you know. Universal city is connected to San Antonio. It is basiclly another area of SA. When I said what I said to him, he knew I was basiclly talking about the north side of town.

It still holds.

I did, however, think you were speaking of the Universal City in Los Angeles.

Although that would probably be in support of his argument, because I believe there are a lot of cholas in that area.

That's the word I was looking for. Not all latinas go for the "chola" look, which pretty much IS the tattooed eyebrows thing.

sarukun on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jumping into this topic way late and completely off the current topic, I have to ask.

Does anyone else just give up shaving their neck with a razor? I have tried for years, but anytime I do I get ridiculous red bumps from like ingrown hair which turn into lovely bumps that look like zits.

My face is fine, I shave against the grain to get a super smooth feeling every time and it's never a problem. With my neck I have to use a god damn electric razor because it doesn't cut the hair as close and doesn't give me those huge red bumps. Pretty awesome too since right after I shave my neck it still feels all sharp and nasty.

Anyone know how to cure this annoying dilemma other than not having such sensitive skin?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Yes.

Oh well then. It is the term that is preferred by most Hispanics that I know. It is not a generalization since I specified San Antonio, and the term Latina instead of Hispanic tends to include a reference to the subculture as well.

The word you are looking for is "chola".

"Latina" doesn't refer to a subculture because it is not a subculture. It is the word that people who speak spanish use to identify themselves.

sarukun on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have to shave my neck or I get neckbeard

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I have one hair on my neck that I have to shave.

Yeah, that's it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Yeah, that's it.

Why not pluck it until it stops growing?

Bunta on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Houston?

any idea what the name of it is? sounds worth trying out

Damned if I do. Its been too long since I lived in Houston.

I recall it being 3rd ward, but I might be getting it confused with another good BBQ place. Either way, good BBQ.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bunta wrote: »

Yeah, that's it.

That sounds ouchy.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Jumping into this topic way late and completely off the current topic, I have to ask.

Does anyone else just give up shaving their neck with a razor? I have tried for years, but anytime I do I get ridiculous red bumps from like ingrown hair which turn into lovely bumps that look like zits.

My face is fine, I shave against the grain to get a super smooth feeling every time and it's never a problem. With my neck I have to use a god damn electric razor because it doesn't cut the hair as close and doesn't give me those huge red bumps. Pretty awesome too since right after I shave my neck it still feels all sharp and nasty.

Anyone know how to cure this annoying dilemma other than not having such sensitive skin?

I have the same problem. I switched to a wet/dry electric razor (the Norelco one with the spooge shooter) and have a lot better luck with my neck. The trick is not to let it get too long and not to go back and forth too much or too fast. If it gets too long I trim it down with a beard trimmer (no guard) first and then I use my Norelco in the shower. Also, even though you are using electric an aftershave lotion of some sort will still help with irritation.

If you are using a dry electric I recommend this for a closer shave:

22151_FULL.jpg

It makes the hair stand on end so it cuts closer and easier.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BijlBijl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    I don't think nuclear weapons were the only WMDs they were talking about.

I seriously doubt some of these civilian-casualty numbers as well.

And so the US had several hundred thousand protestors? OK. I don't give a crap about the foreign protestors; it's not their government, it's ours.
    Foreigners may have nothing to do with what your government does in the US, but if they American government decides to invade another country, which will influence the countries those people live in (immigrants that fled from Iraq, tension between muslims and non-muslims), they have every right to disagree with it and to protest. And if the U.S. government would have listened to the U.N. countries, things probably wouldn't have worked out like they did.

Bijl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bunta wrote: »

Yeah, that's it.

That sounds ouchy.

I do that occasionally, when I can find the tweezers. It doesn't really hurt that bad.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg