As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYLON] BSG BG - GAME OVER

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Chief's turn, continued:

Bomb Threat
    13 Politics, Leadership, Tactics
    Current Player (Chief) Chooses
    A. Pass No Effect
    Fail -1 morale and draw a civilian ship and destroy it
    OR
    [strike]B. Roll a die. If 4 or lower, trigger the "Fail" effect of this card.[/strike]
    (activate raiders)
    (jump prep)

Baltar calls for an Investigative Committee (Politics 5); this rolls back the check and we need to start over.

Contributions need to be made in order, face up in the thread. If it is not yet your turn, you may PM me your intended contributions (along with any conditions that would change those contributions).

Cards added:
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    3 Politics - Investigative Committee
    5 Tactics - Strategic Planning
    Starbuck - 1 card (max 1)
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    Helo - 2 cards
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    Boomer - 0 cards (max 1)
    Adama - 0 cards
    Baltar - 0 cards
    Chief - ???

Still need contributions (or confirmation of non-) from the Chief.

Darian on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ok, so the Chief and Boomer can just kick back and relax.

Maximus on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yep, I won't contribute any cards.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We've hit the goal, yes? I won't contribute any cards.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    knottyknotty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Chief, you need to go last. It's important to maintain order under IC. Besides, if an unknown cylon is stupid enough to try to sabotage this check, you'll have to counter it.

NVM.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was last. Everyone else has contributions in Darian's list.

Edit: I'm pretty sure some people made their contribs via PM and Darian just posted it.

And by some people I mean just Adama I suppose.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Chief's turn, continued:

Bomb Threat
    13 Politics, Leadership, Tactics
    Current Player (Chief) Chooses
    A. Pass No Effect
    Fail -1 morale and draw a civilian ship and destroy it
    OR
    [strike]B. Roll a die. If 4 or lower, trigger the "Fail" effect of this card.[/strike]
    (activate raiders)
    (jump prep)

Baltar calls for an Investigative Committee (Politics 5)

Cards added:
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    3 Politics - Investigative Committee
    5 Tactics - Strategic Planning
    Starbuck - 1 card (max 1)
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    Helo - 2 cards
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    Boomer - 0 cards (max 1)
    Adama - 0 cards
    Baltar - 0 cards
    Chief - 0 cards

All positive.

Total: 13 = 13; no effect

No cylon fleet activation.

Jump is now possible with risk of major population loss.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Turn 23 - knotty - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
    Current Board Setup:

Players:
    1. MrBlarney - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Brig - 6 cards
    2. MacGuffin - Admiral Bill Adama - FTL - 5 card
    3. El Skid/Maximus - President Gaius Baltar - Research Lab- 2 card
    4. Darkewolfe - Galen "Chief" Tyrol - Weapons Control - 7 cards
    5. knotty - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace - Brig - 8 cards
    6. GoodOmens - Karl "Helo" Agathon - FTL - 4 cards

bsg-game-board-g09-b23.png
    bsg-game-jump-track-4.jpg
    Resources:
    Fuel 4. Food 4. Morale 5. Population 8
    Jump Track: [Start]B]No Jump][No Jump][[B][COLOR="Lime"]-3[/COLOR][/B[-1][Auto]
    Distance Moved: 6
    Boarding Party: (clear) {start}__,__,__,__,{death}
    Raptors: 2 In Reserve
    Vipers: 0 in use, 5 in Reserve, 3 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
    Nukes: 2
    Quorum Hand: 3 cards
    Galactica Damage: clear

Space:
    1 O'Clock: clear
    3 O'Clock: clear
    5 O'Clock: clear
    7 O'Clock: clear
    9 O'Clock: clear
    11 O'Clock: clear
    Ships in stock off the board: 16 raiders, 4 heavy raiders, 11 civilian ships

Turn Progress:
    1. Receive Skills Step - 2T, 2Pi, 1L
    2. Movement Step - none; brigged
    3. Action Step -
    4. Crisis Step -
    5. Activate Cylon Ships Step (if necessary) -
    6. Prepare for Jump Step (if necessary) -
    7. Discard and Check for Human Defeat.

Starbuck, you're locked in a cell. What do you do?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There's no damage to Galactica.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just to be certain, do we really have 2 raptors left? If so, I would consider scouting. I'm open to suggestions for what to scout. But just to be clear, I will either scout or do nothing.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There are indeed only two raptors left. Additionally, the destiny deck is now being rebuilt; there will be a new destiny deck for the next check.

Edit: This also required me to reshuffle the Piloting deck.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I strongly recommend against risking more than one raptor. There is a decent chance we will need to scout for more fuel during our next jump.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Chief, we are at distance 6 and have 4 fuel. Unless you forsee losing fuel through other means, this should be plenty. We can lose fuel through crises (usually involving a choice; and I can always use my OPG to get rid of that crises if we want) or through civilian ship losses (I believe there is one - or possibly two - ship with a fuel loss), so the chances of losing more fuel from things other than jumping are not that large, unless I'm forgetting something.

Assuming the admiral is a human, we have a good chance of only needing two more jumps. Ideally, we want a 2 distance destination with at most -2 fuel. This leaves us some breathing room in case we get unlucky with crises or civilian losses. The second jump to win will not require any fuel (correct?). Scouting the destination deck seems like a good idea. Whether you trust Me to do it or not is up to you. There isn't really much else for brigged humans to do other than XO'ing someone and I'll tell you right now that that is not an option I am considering.

I should remind you though that Boomer was very clearly not a cylon pre-sleeper phase (she used her OPG to help with the Legendary Discovery). Whoever sabotaged that skill check a while back is still running loose out there. You better do something about it soon while you have some breathing room (and I say "you" because I can't brig anyone from my location).

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Is it true that we can run out of fuel on our final jump? That makes it less of a concern, then.

And I didn't say I trust you to do it, I was just thinking out loud.

Edit: And as long as things keep breaking I can't really brig anyone. I have to fix them!

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The final jump to Kobol is made without drawing a location, and therefore does not use fuel.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Chief, brigging a cylon is more important (in most cases) than fixed a damaged location. You can always be XO'd by someone on a subsequent turn to take care of repairs.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll wait another couple of hours before taking (or not taking) my action to give other people time to voice themselves. I suppose if I was going to choose not to take an action, I could activate the brig just to reveal the two destiny cards.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That's true. I think fixing the armory while there was a centurion was a top priority, but if something less important happens, sure.

You also need to get to work convincing people to bust you out. I don't want to see three of the crew in the brig at the same time, that's just asking for trouble.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Getting out of the brig might be a good plan, but I don't think I can really help. Scouting the crisis deck might be a good idea to get some more jump preparation for Helo's turn, barring that.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Scouting for jump prep would be useful under any circumstances, but I'm not planning on forcing a jump during my turn (barring some emergency from the Crisis). No direct threat right now. I agree, Chief, that fixing the armory was the right move.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Chief, what do you think I was doing before I was brigged? I was never given a good reason for being brigged. Just accused of proposing non-optimal plans, which other people followed of their own free frakin will. Nevermind that I kept pushing the civilian ships out of harms way. The President knows what was in those ships so he is well aware of the fact that it was important to keep moving them away (and to keep them together). Yet he still chose me to brig. All that yakking and look what it got me. I'll just sit tight in the brig and help however I can. If someone wants me out, then it's up to them to speak up and do something about it. I don't know what else to say.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Helo, what are your plans for next turn? I agree that at the moment, it doesn't look like you'll need to force a jump.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    True, no imminent threat... so a destination deck scout makes more sense in this scenario as well, huh?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh, and Chief, my comment about brigging cylons being a higher priority (in most cases) than fixing things was not intended to be applied to your previous action. That was definitely a higher priority. My comment was a general one.

So what do you guys prefer between
    1. Scouting the crises deck.
    2. Scouting the destination deck (I finally actually didn't mistakenly call it the destiny deck for once).
    3. Activating the brig just to reveal information about the destiny deck that may be helpful to us on future skill checks. Unless I get a roaring of support, I'm not actually trying to bust out of the brig by doing this (i.e., you don't need to waste any cards). I'm uncertain as to whether or not this is actually a good idea since it would also be giving information to the cylons.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't think you should try to bust out unless you're sincerely trying to get out. I'm willing to give you a hand with that, though.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    knotty wrote: »
    Helo, what are your plans for next turn? I agree that at the moment, it doesn't look like you'll need to force a jump.

Most likely scout or give someone an XO, depending on my card draw. I won't have a Crisis to respond to, and there's no need to jump.

Though I am tempted to head to Colonial One and run for President. I'm questioning why Baltar hasn't used any Quorum cards.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Chief, I'm not trying to bust out. I'm just throwing that out as an option if we feel like gaining the extra information about the destiny deck would be useful. So don't throw any cards into the check if I activate the brig on this turn (unless of course someone else truly wants to break me out).

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That's what I mean, don't give the cylons the extra info. If all you've got is scout, then scout.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I want to hear what the admiral has to say. Frankly, I find it a little annoying that people sign up to play an interactive game with other people and then don't interact. He's had almost zilch to say about anything. Maybe a brigging will get him to be more interactive. Helo, you wanna be admiral? Besides, I'm considering scouting the destination deck and want to know what he thinks I should scout for.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Anything with two or three distance would be for the best, of course...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't seek the Admiralty because, at this point, I don't distrust the old man. Though I do wonder why he hasn't used a nuke yet.

As for the destination, we have to be careful about anything which puts Food at risk. If I remember, there are some destinations which allow us the chance to get more food, and that would certainly be worthwhile.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    knotty wrote: »

Most likely scout or give someone an XO, depending on my card draw. I won't have a Crisis to respond to, and there's no need to jump.

Though I am tempted to head to Colonial One and run for President. I'm questioning why Baltar hasn't used any Quorum cards.

You know You wanna be Vice President, free booze and interns.

Maximus on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not terribly worried about the destination deck at this point, but if you want to scout it go for it.
    Scouting the crisis deck could be a waste, since we still have some valid options if we encounter a really bad one.

As for the nukes, I don't actually mind that we still got them. Could come in handy.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Try to scout for something that allows us to regain a crtitcal resource, at least two distance is also a must have. If we have to risk something morale or population are our best bets, but we could also go with fuel if we have to.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Maximus wrote: »

You know You wanna be Vice President, free booze and interns.

You forget, Mr. President, that I am a paragon of moral rectitude in a galaxy of shifting ethical standards. Plus, I'm banging Athena, and I really doubt any of your interns would be an improvement.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Seeing as how there is pressing business for the humans to take care of, I'll play 1 Launch Scout to scout the crisis deck and see if I can keep the board more or less quiet.

knotty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Do you want me to give people time to check in for SP, or just roll it. (I still have no contingencies for those.)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No SP from me.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No Strategic Planning this time.