As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIMETIME ADVENTURES] T.V. Roleplaying: New season starting up!

124»

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so not writing my best stuff here, so apologies for it sounding so stilted. Deal with that fire alarm whichever way you want; I like to think it's someone who discovered the body and just fired it up.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    robotsunshinerobotsunshine regular
    edited April 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    I am so not writing my best stuff here, so apologies for it sounding so stilted. Deal with that fire alarm whichever way you want; I like to think it's someone who discovered the body and just fired it up.

It's good stuff! Everyone's got their own dramas going on, their own conflicts and stories. It's working out just like it should.

Zellpher needs to post his scene, and then I post the ending scene. After that, we do a "Next week, on High School is Hell..." (I know I already told you this, just a recap).

And there's no problem with keeping things open and unresolved, to deal with during a later issue. See, we didn't really even get into them being the Horsemen. We might not hear about that until next episode. Just keep letting things run their course.

We didn't use any conflicts this episode, which is fine - I'm letting everyone get the feel of the format and characters. Next episode, I'll start interrupting scenes or calling for more conflicts (just to try it out, because, honestly, I think this is pretty good the way it's going).

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got a paper to write tonight, so probably no update until tomorrow. In the meantime though here are some ideas for the scene.

It's after school at Peter's house. Peter has just gotten home and his house is empty. Sarah is sitting on his couch watching cartoons. There is a note on the counter to the effect of parents not home for X days. Party is suggested. Party ensues. At the party, Peter can swear he sees devil version of lucky, but only for a moment.

thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Zellpher wrote: »
    I got a paper to write tonight, so probably no update until tomorrow. In the meantime though here are some ideas for the scene.

It's after school at Peter's house. Peter has just gotten home and his house is empty. Sarah is sitting on his couch watching cartoons. There is a note on the counter to the effect of parents not home for X days. Party is suggested. Party ensues. At the party, Peter can swear he sees devil version of lucky, but only for a moment.

thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Why only for a moment? Why not, Peter gets wasted and talks to Lucky as the Devil, but passes it off as just heavy partying? Or maybe even, he gets drunk, loses control, and actually goes all out and transforms in front of party-goers? (Lucky does damage control, or maybe they all die, or whatever).

But I'm all pushing for epic, problematic things.

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got to agree with that sentiment. Obviously we're doing some kind of teen romcom, but in the end it's still the story of the Four Fucking Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I mean come on, it's okay to evolve into Dragonball silliness. :P

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but I figured the arc would be more subtle until the third episode, when something would happen and the show would turn completely from CW trash to absolute insanity. Throwing galaxies like a frisbee is encouraged

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but I figured the arc would be more subtle until the third episode, when something would happen and the show would turn completely from CW trash to absolute insanity. Throwing galaxies like a frisbee is encouraged

Well, yeah, overall it's going to be subtle, running as an undercurrent mostly. How about, instead, just a brief moment of it? Enough to be eye candy and remind the viewer, "Oh yeah! It's about the Four Horsemen!"?

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Half the class can die at paintball because they stumbled upon a militia's secret training dealie.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, yeah really late with the update. I got an eviction notice and have been kind of scrambling dealing with such events. will write now.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, yeah really late with the update. I got an eviction notice and have been kind of scrambling dealing with such events. will write now.

Well, shit, dude. Deal with what you need to deal with, this isn't half as important as that - we can wait.

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Ouchie. Well, good luck and don't strain yourself too much!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So things have been a little more settled. Update posted and all that. Sorry again about the delay.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We've finished an episode!

There's one last thing to do: everyone, post a quick clip of what's going to happen in the next episode. This is like at the end of show, where they say, "Next time, on High School is Hell:" and then there's these little ten second clips of something that happens in that episode.

So make a brief post, include whatever characters you want, doing whatever you want. Everyone posts one! Like, a paragraph at the most. And remember, these are things that will then HAVE TO HAPPEN in the next episode. Post these in the IC thread.

Here's an example from a fictitious show:
    Janie's talking to her boyfriend, Dave. Cut to each one's face when they start talking.

"It's over, Dave! I can't DO THIS anymore!"

Dave is notably flustered. "Just give me another chance!"

"No. No more."

Dave pauses, looks pissed, and starts to head off. "You'll regret this."

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've just started reading the first episode, but I must say the concept for both game and TV show is absolutely brilliant, more after I finish.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And here we go, one part done.

With the outro and the "next episode" part, one could say
    Milos is already active as famine, but doesn't know it yet.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Popedate coming in tonight.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We could either go with that little scenelet actually happening, or just have it be another hallucination. Either one works for me, Zell.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I would like to see it actually happening. It will be interesting to see how you pull it off.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Zell and Mal! Post your shit! I hate you both!

Make it official.

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll have it up before the sun rises.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    I'll have it up before the sun rises.

I'm using this as concrete evidence that you are a vampire.

Get back everyone! A vampire!

robotsunshine on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I have posted. Oh, and have we decided what other kinds of crazy shit will be going on outside of the main characters? I'm fairly certain there are all kinds of omens and such which we could play around with.

Zellpher on