As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mutherfrackin Stormshadow on page 3 - now colored

2»

• CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote:
    Does the silencer have holes in it? Generally they don't and when I say generally, I mean like never.

Of course they have holes in them- how else do the bullets come out?

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • mr0rangemr0range Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    It's better but it's too much smoke and why is it coming out of the side of the silencer? Does the silencer have holes in it? Generally they don't and when I say generally, I mean like never.

I kinda agree with Manon though.

I thought they heated up after having like 300 round shoot out of them? no?

haha, I didn't think it would come down to the smoke.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't know, the background and smoke seem to be more of a distraction in this one than anything.

Also her lips in the closeup are kind of weirding me out. The full body part is aces though.

earthwormadam on
    edited April 2009

Also her lips in the closeup are kind of weirding me out. The full body part is aces though.

Yes, I've noticed that also. Like duck lips ... which I didn't really see before but then I kept staring at it and I've been sitting here contemplating changing it. ugh ... this is what I get for leaving things to the last minute.

I'll have to send it off tomorrow instead of tonight and make some fixes. I know the lips will bug me forever and mock me whenever I look at them.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
    edited April 2009
    FUCK SLEEP

baroness_colored_fin2a.jpg

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do you plan to sell these? I'd be interested to know how much you paid for the repro-rights for each character if so! :winky:

Also, I think the 90degree angle you have on your half tones, as well as the noticable 'edge' to the halftoned areas, are a touch too harsh...

Nice work though, I like the inking!

Grenn on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote:
    Does the silencer have holes in it? Generally they don't and when I say generally, I mean like never.

Hahahah! Oh man, this made me laugh out loud.

MagicToaster on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mr0range wrote: »
    FUCK SLEEP

<sexy cleavage .jpg>

Dude ... favorite so far. Fucking awesome.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote:

Hahahah! Oh man, this made me laugh out loud.

MAJOR FACEPALM! I meant to say holes in the side, but it's too late now, now I just look like a dickhead.

Mustang on
    edited April 2009
    FUCK SLEEP

<sexy cleavage .jpg>

Dude ... favorite so far. Fucking awesome.

thanks. Now I feel bad about the previous ones I didn't spend as much time on.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
    edited April 2009
    BONUS TIME

stormshadow.jpg

I had to . but for now it's staying black and white.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why not do a cool duo or tri tone with this one? He is black and white after all!

MagicToaster on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    At the very least, make the Arashikage clan symbol in the back in red.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited April 2009
    At the very least, make the Arashikage clan symbol in the back in red.

Yeah. I will for sure but this is a black and white version. But yes, this was my first thought

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Grenn wrote: »
    Do you plan to sell these? I'd be interested to know how much you paid for the repro-rights for each character if so! :winky:

Still interested in how you'd answer this. 8-)

Grenn on
    edited April 2009

These are printed out and displayed in a portfolio

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009

At comic book conventions here in the states, it's usually ok to do prints and posters of characters for sale. Hell, at the con itself a lot of artists will do request sketches of characters and such. I'm not certain the exact legalities of this, but it almost certainly always happens with not legal repercussion.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited April 2009

At comic book conventions here in the states, it's usually ok to do prints and posters of characters for sale. Hell, at the con itself a lot of artists will do request sketches of characters and such. I'm not certain the exact legalities of this, but it almost certainly always happens with not legal repercussion.

Yeah, it's got this grey area to it (well, to the letter technical term, yes, it's probably illegal - but it's a thing that sort of slides). I think if I mass produced and sold on a website or t-shirts, that's a bit more of the "illegal" area. Cons and sketching and some limited prints seem to be a bit more lax on the matter.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't know much about GI Joe, but that's one rad ninja.

earthwormadam on
    edited April 2009
    okay, here he is colored.

stormshadow_colored.jpg

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So good. Is it me or does the inking go from black to a deep blue from top to bottom?

Mustang on
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    So good. Is it me or does the inking go from black to a deep blue from top to bottom?

Dark red to dark blue. black on the sheaths

too much? stupid? weird?

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
    edited April 2009

Yeah, it's got this grey area to it (well, to the letter technical term, yes, it's probably illegal - but it's a thing that sort of slides). I think if I mass produced and sold on a website or t-shirts, that's a bit more of the "illegal" area. Cons and sketching and some limited prints seem to be a bit more lax on the matter.

Well, copyright infringement is copyright infringement -- there's no 'more' or 'less' to it.

But I get what you're saying about it being an accepted part of comic-cons, where it's produced by and for fans of the work and publishers don't actually want to sue their fans unless there's series financial reasons for it.

Anyway, I'm just being devil's advocate in asking the question. The work is good, keep it up. 8-)

Grenn on
    edited April 2009

Well, copyright infringement is copyright infringement -- there's no 'more' or 'less' to it.

Yeah, that's what I mean where people know it's not right (well, some do and some don't) , but they float in this grey area where it's accepted. I'm not a big fan of it myself - I also tried for many years selling prints of my own characters, where I'd maybe sell 4 and dude across from me is selling off Venom and Wolverine like hotcakes. These companies have every right to go after these people. In all honesty though, if I saw an artist drawing my character, I'd probably feel honored and even buy the print ... I think a couple prints and sketches is about the "limit" to where this kind of practice goes, any further and it's game over.

Me, I'm using this stuff as an attractor to get people to look at my other work.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg