As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Pre-Pax Party?

HoLeYHoLeY Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
Anyone know if there's one happening this year?

Last year's was rockin' (literally).

HoLeY on

• Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you mean the Pre-PAX Pub Crawl it is here.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No, I don't mean the pub crawl.

Last year was Oopi and Kiki's 2nd annual Pre-Pax party...and I'm hoping they do it again...I just wanted to know if that was happening.

Pub Crawl...no offense...but I spend enough time in bars looking for personal effects (lawl), and I'm kind of a lamer on the scavenger hunt deal.

The Pre-Pax party last year was basically a whole bunch of gamers that got to play RB2 before it came out at the Taphouse's private room...it f'n rocked.

Best memory: Knuckles Dawson running in a drunken fit into the area where I was playing pool and saying: "dude I'm gonna do a one handed solo" (he was so excited about it).

Anyway, it was dope...and I hope there's something like that this year...and if not, I might have to look into organizing something.

HoLeY on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HoLeY wrote: »
    No, I don't mean the pub crawl.

Last year was Oopi and Kiki's 2nd annual Pre-Pax party...and I'm hoping they do it again...I just wanted to know if that was happening.

That's completely unrelated to the PA forums. check out blueskittle.com for any info. From what I've heard though, a party is iffy.

You probably won't need to organize anything, since there's the pre-PAX dinner and the pubcrawl alreay scheduled. Just glom onto those, or hang out at a bar with other PAXers.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Why is a party iffy? It was at the Taphouse, it was totally legit and safe. To me, stumbling around a big city drunk would be a lot more iffy.

It's not unrelated to the PAX forums either way...because it happens the night before PAX...thus lots of people from PAX organized and were there...most of which who signed up through the PAX forums.

Now that I'm done with that...anything related to PAX...whether it's fun or otherwise belongs on this forum..IMHO. This is a place for us to get fun things together and enjoy our gamer-ness...so without sounding more rude than I already have...let's not say "what belongs here" and "what doesn't".

This is about gaming, making friends, having a great time, and being geeks...because that's what I love to do (as I'm sure others most likely feel).

Thanks for your "help" though.

HoLeY on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HoLeY: I think what Rouge_hunter meant was that it's unrelated to the forums in the sense that no one organizing it posts here and therefore you would get a better answer from the source. And "iffy" not in the sense that it's dangerous, but that he's heard it's probably not happening.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Incase anyone is wondering wtf he is talking about (like me), you can check it here in all its active and very posty worth. Be careful, it is a highly active and long thread.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan, your quick wit is surpassed only by your dashing looks.
    :P

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    MaoChan, your quick wit is surpassed only by your dashing looks.
    :P

My looks dash at quite a fast little quip. And my wit is razor sharp, watch yourself or you might get hurt. :P

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lmfao...I started that thread yesterday...right after I started this one...so I could find out about it and post it here once I did...tyvm.

I still don't know what you guys mean by "unrelated." Last year, it was mainly organized on THIS particular forum...thus it seems quite pertinent to do so again.

I <3 you all...but why are you guys so amused by trying to diminish the concept?

HoLeY on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Probably because it looks like it will overlap with the entire day's worth of Thursday Pre-PAX activities (Magical Mystery Tour, Pre-PAX Dinner, Pub Crawl).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lmfao...I started that thread yesterday...right after I started this one...so I could find out about it and post it here once I did...tyvm.

I still don't know what you guys mean by "unrelated." Last year, it was mainly organized on THIS particular forum...thus it seems quite pertinent to do so again.

I <3 you all...but why are you guys so amused by trying to diminish the concept?
    I don't remember any talks of that party here...in fact the only time I heard about it was talking to Doc from Sarcastic Gamer on Saturday night.

HoLly, I'm sorry, but I believe you have your signals crossed

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I just ran a search and I don't see any mention of a party at the taphouse anywhere on the forum.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Maybe there is a Twlight Zone second PAX forum we don't know about where Foe Mwacky is the troll and ChaoMan is the mod where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is the way it seems.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Maybe there is a Twlight Zone second PAX forum we don't know about where Foe Mwacky is the troll and ChaoMan is the mod where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is the way it seems.
    Are you trying to tell me something here?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Probably because it looks like it will overlap with the entire day's worth of Thursday Pre-PAX activities (Magical Mystery Tour, Pre-PAX Dinner, Pub Crawl).

And as we all know, those events are waaay cooler than any Taphouse party!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Are you trying to tell me something here?

......No not really.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Does Spock sport a goatee in this universe?

redhalo on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well.. depending on whether you're local, or when you're getting into Seattle, the weekend previously should have something going on, to celebrate my 21st.. :P So if you just want to party with a bunch of coo PA-er and other nerds, that's an option too. :winky:

MeeOk on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

So why not ask the organizers? Or organize it yourself?

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just start to maybe start working on helping to organize one with Ooopy.

BTW:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/360style/sets/72157607012595227/
    http://www.theblueskittle.com/public/blog/?p=20\
    http://forums.platformnation.com/index.php?showtopic=6660&pid=33572&mode=threaded&show=&st=0

Anyway, there are ENOUGH people for there to be multiple things happening. No need to get upset...trust me.

Either way there's nothing on this forum...but that's how I found out about the whole deal.

Since when did PAX'ers become so snooty...wow guys...I still don't get why I'm consistently on the defensive here.

Either way...I'm working on trying to organize or assist in organizing something...but don't worry...your events won't lose out...there's TONS of people that go there...and I wouldn't want to take away from anybody else's fun. :)

HoLeY on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You're on the defensive on your own accord, no one is being snooty. You asked about this party as if it was well know and several people have stated that it has never been mentioned here and you were directed to where you may get an answer. Several overlapping things have been announced in the past and will in the future. You're taking pride in your community and we are taking pride in ours. That's all it is, there is room for both.

redhalo on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I would not be opposed to a drunken Rock Band fest at a bar the night before PAX and, quite frankly, would probably prefer it to a scavenger hunt pub crawl, not that I'm anti-pub crawlin' or scavenger huntin', but I am very much pro-Rock Band.

I do question the need for a $20 cover charge and a cash bar though... I'm down with one or the other but both seems far steeper than it needs to be. Where is the money going to?

As someone who's organized my share of bar events over the years, I know the following:

1) You tell a bar you can fill it with drinkers and they'll accommodate you. Finding a bar with the necessary TV/audio rigging to make it rock would not be hard.
    2) Provision of the necessary equipment (360, instruments, etc) to run a rock band night could be easily arranged. Hell, send Harmonix a nice email and they might even hook you up.
    3) Events done by the community for the community are always better than ones trying to turn a profit.

I'm not from Seattle so I really don't know what/where would be good, nor would I be much use in planning, but this could certainly be done and done well if implemented correctly.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    but who in their right mind would sacrifice the dinner for this? (assuming the same 8-11 time line)

Dinner = Win.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    there are ENOUGH people for there to be multiple things happening. No need to get upset...trust me.

You should take your own advice. You seem to be the only one upset in this thread.

If you're planning to party at Tap House, book it as soon as you can. It became pretty popular last year for private PAX parties and it fills up fast. Also, be sure to book it at the right one. ;)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I dont know, im pretty upset in here too...

Azazel on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo said exactly what I was saying (and check the spelling of my name! ;) )

HoLeY: I was at the Blue Skittle party last year (and have the gift bag to prove it). It was in no way connected to these forums.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    redhalo said exactly what I was saying (and check the spelling of my name! ;) )

HoLeY: I was at the Blue Skittle party last year (and have the gift bag to prove it). It was in no way connected to these forums.

I totally called you Rouge. My bad, I have a Florida education.

redhalo on
This discussion has been closed.