As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHaTs]

1404142434446»

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really like this girl and I see her once like every 4 weeks. She has a boyfriend anyway, but she needs to show up more often so I can just get over her

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man love is something I don't seem to get and maybe I'm not just cut out for real relationships.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Man, I'm gonna run out of this Pepsi soon. Last, Pepsi, last!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    Elki wrote: »

Regular, or the fancy new throwback stuff?

Organichu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Feral: tell me about her. :D

She is awesome.

Pure distilled awesome.

If you could overdose and die from awesome, you'd probably want to stay away from her.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok but tell me if she smokes. I need to know.

Organichu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Depends on the kind of smoke one is speaking of.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Interesting ego search.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009

Throwback. I wish we had Natural here, too. I want to try it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »

Depends on the kind of smoke one is speaking of.

I... see.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I've read that the Natural is disappointing.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    gnight folks

Feral on

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I've read that the Natural is disappointing.

The book was very good.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    gnight folks
    gnight, thanks for stoppng by o/

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Toad is definitely an alt right?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I need to find a crazy girl.

Wait there are other kinds?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My point is that existential is a categorisation. A category, not the philisophical term, but the same as "this is a bottle". And it is being applied, basically, to "this is too complicated to explain". Instead of merely accepting this, I'm rejecting it as too complicated and attempting to explain it. I'm willing to think about how to explain it, categorically. I'm not saying I'll have an answer, I'm simply saying "lets try".

What do you mean by contain? I don't accept that statement until you explain what you mean by contain.

You misunderstand. Kant, in his Critiquet of Pure Reason, sets up a Table of Judgments, from which he ingeniously deduces the Table of Categories. When one speak of predication, of A=B, one is speaking of the qualitas, the essentia, the whatness of a thing. The sky is blue. 2 + 2 = 4. These are predicates that are posited to the subject. Kant thought that predicates are either contained in the subject, and hence analytic (all bachelors are unmarried; all extant things are extended) or posited, relative, and hence synthetic (incompleteness theorems, all humans are animals.) These predications make up what we call reality. Hence, there are no unicorns in reality, because there are no real predicates that can be ascribed to them, nor can they be the subject of any real predicates. They have no relative propositions.

Kant uses the Modal Category to attack the ontological argument of God's existence. Basically, just because God can be thought of as necessary does not mean that God exists , because being is not a predicate. The Being of a thing is not an attribute of the being itself; it only stands in absolute relation to its Being. Existence has nothing to do with reality. Thus, existential judgments come from this -- humans have thinking. Thinking is always of beings and Being. Since being has nothing to do with categorical reality, Thinking (with a capital T, signifying the thinking of Dasein) deals with possibility and existentially.

Thus existentially cannot come from categorical actuality, because that would be committing a category error. That would be like extracting the "cause" of "2+2=4" or "Time is necessary"

gah you would be leaving!

I'll send it

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Yes. the boring kind

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Toad is definitely an alt right?
    I'm the alt of my infertile broodmates, Delicious Malformed Toad!. That's about it. They can't type on account of the webbed fingers, so they use me as a mouthpiece.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Yes. the boring kind

Oh so like the straight ones.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    kakos, how would you translate

ωστε αιδιος αν ειη ο προτος ουρανοσ

"as such the first heaven should be something eternal"

:?:

I think a better translation is "Therefore, the prime heaven must be eternal", which leads me to believe that you're translating some Aristotle.

"ωστε" is usually translated as "Therefore", though I guess "as such" is probably more strictly correct. "πρωτος" does mean "first", but it also means "prime", as in "ultimate", which is probably the meaning here. The verb is tricky since it is optative mood with "αν", which usually indicates potential optative, though that doesn't seem to make sense. I'm guessing on the "must" part. Unfortunately, my good text is not here, so I only have so much reference material here.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think a better translation is "Therefore, the prime heaven must be eternal", which leads me to believe that you're translating some Aristotle.

"ωστε" is usually translated as "Therefore", though I guess "as such" is probably more strictly correct. "πρωτος" does mean "first", but it also means "prime", as in "ultimate", which is probably the meaning here. The verb is tricky since it is optative mood with "αν", which usually indicates potential optative, though that doesn't seem to make sense. I'm guessing on the "must" part. Unfortunately, my good text is not here, so I only have so much reference material here.

Thanks! Yeah, it's the last book of the metaphysics. I need to get better with my relative clauses, because I kind of just go for the type of construction that pops into my head, without actually studying the different constructions, but rather just relying on what I memorized a long time ago. Basically, I'm at a point where I just need to get a copy of Smythe and read through it.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009

Thanks! Yeah, it's the last book of the metaphysics. I need to get better with my relative clauses, because I kind of just go for the type of construction that pops into my head, without actually studying the different constructions, but rather just relying on what I memorized a long time ago. Basically, I'm at a point where I just need to get a copy of Smythe and read through it.

Ah, Greek Grammar... how I love/hate you. But yeah, it is a good book to have hanging around. I hope I helped.

PS: If you have a Greek question, a PM is probably a better way of asking me. ;)

PPS: James Joyce sucks.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.