As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitter

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There we go! For some odd reason, I hit the Canadian Trip...duh me.

Anywho!

The Boyfriend got a new Mac Book just yesterday (BASTARD!) and wants to be cool like us.

So! Without further ado!!!

CaptainTapole's Boyfriend

@IHaveAShrinkRay

Don't worry, he is an awesome dude and more of a lurker than I am.
    P.S. To prove that he is an awesome dude...He was the one who told me about PAX three years ago.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've been instructed to sign up for this whole "Twitter" business, but I'm skeptical.
    ^.^

@ACC3SS

I'll add you fine folks in a few minutes.

ACC3SS on
  • TeevirusTeevirus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @EricWinholt

I've been lurking for a grip, this'll be my first year at PAX. I'm kind of in love with Twitter.

I'm at work so I can't add a billion people right now, but I will when I get home, so don't get creeped out.

Or do.

Teevirus on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I feel like some kind of rockstar what with everyone adding me to their Twitter.

EGO BOOST GO!!!

MaoChan on
  • TeevirusTeevirus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Twitter has made me feel fucking awesome today. :P

Teevirus on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I had a bunch of people stop following me when I posted my PSN ID earlier today. Apparently owning a PlayStation 3 is some kind of Twitter-sin.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I had a bunch of people stop following me when I posted my PSN ID earlier today. Apparently owning a PlayStation 3 is some kind of Twitter-sin.

I am going to test that right now.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

I am going to test that right now.

That's it, I'm blocking you both.

redhalo on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Earley wrote: »
    Belltown Billiards won't work for the kind of crowd I expect. I mean our ad-hoc group last year was 40-60 people and that was enough for them. I don't want ALL of a place, I really would like there to be locals to dance with etc. There are a few places we could go that are cool and easy to get to on Capitol Hill and Downtown. Anyone with ideas chime in, cause the brains are working up here...

What about The Chapel or Brouwer's?

Twinkie on
  • ShukaoShukao Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @Shukaro

Though I probably won't tweet much

Shukao on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OK, Twitter is being crazy. I accepted a follow request for an EricWinholt and it apparentlyadded some other random account. If I've turned down anyone's follow request, don't be offended, Twitter is just being retarded. Feel free to send it to me again.

redhalo on
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    OK, Twitter is being crazy. I accepted a follow request for an EricWinholt and it apparentlyadded some other random account. If I've turned down anyone's follow request, don't be offended, Twitter is just being retarded. Feel free to send it to me again.

I've had the same problem. I'm waiting to accept follows until it's fixed. They're working on it.

http://status.twitter.com/post/99180872/tracking-down-data-inconsistencies

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Earley wrote: »
    Belltown Billiards won't work for the kind of crowd I expect. I mean our ad-hoc group last year was 40-60 people and that was enough for them. I don't want ALL of a place, I really would like there to be locals to dance with etc. There are a few places we could go that are cool and easy to get to on Capitol Hill and Downtown. Anyone with ideas chime in, cause the brains are working up here...

What about The Chapel or Brouwer's?

I thought The Chapel was kind of small..?

MeeOk on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Really?
    chapel.jpg

Looks pretty spacious to me...

Twinkie on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Really?
    chapel.jpg

Looks pretty spacious to me...

*grin* I hadn't researched it, but I could've sworn a friend told me it was kinda small. Maybe just because it's busy a lot, it seems smaller? o_O

MeeOk on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Finally jumping in on this.

My personal Twitter account is Liger. It's protected, and unless I've met you IRL I likely won't friend you. No offense intended, I just like to keep my updates to people I know.

My other Twitter (for chain maille goodies and updates) is KnittedSteel, which is open to all and includes stuff you can buy, like custom badge lanyards and scale shirts that tend to go well with musketeer hats. <.<

Cheers!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Holy Crap there are a ton of Twitter Shitters around here! I am going to have to wait until 2010 and PAX-EC to get my first exposure to the insanity, but I have a Twitter account and plan to follow the chaos at PAX-09 as closely as I can. Looking forward to meeting some of you in Boston in 2010!

@AOWWaterborn

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Finally jumping in on this.

My personal Twitter account is Liger. It's protected, and unless I've met you IRL I likely won't friend you. No offense intended, I just like to keep my updates to people I know.

My other Twitter (for chain maille goodies and updates) is KnittedSteel, which is open to all and includes stuff you can buy, like custom badge lanyards and scale shirts that tend to go well with musketeer hats. <.<

Cheers!

I think we met last year? By no way would I say we knew each other, though.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I never really liked Twitter (my life is too boring) but I just got a new phone and need to use that data plan/texts somehow.

@Asiina

Asiina on
  • k3rnelpanick3rnelpanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signed up for Twitter (and this forum) for PAX this year. Forgive my n00bness

@k3rnelpanic

k3rnelpanic on
  • ThatHalflingThatHalfling Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    @ThatHalfling
    The best part about subscribing is I never update so I won't spam you :).

ThatHalfling on
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay, I should be up to date with everyone on the list as of tonight. Next step is to reorganize my TweetDeck, which is going to be... interesting to say the least. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • nintendoFREAKnintendoFREAK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Last week I went to ad:tech in San Francisco and it was really cool to see tweets on screens all over the conference displayed by a program called TwitterCamp. I think it'd be epic to have it at PAX. For example, if
    multiple screens were setup with this at PAX every tweet posted with #PAX, or whatever they set it to, could be displayed for all to see as tweets get posted. Too late for this to happen?

nintendoFREAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    That's... a pretty good idea.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signed up tonight, @SlickShughes. I'm a regular fbook user now, so I've just got to switch or duplicate focus on this.

SlickShughes on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Omg, do I have to?
    I have an opinion about Twitter and it's not a very nice one :P

Although it might be kind of fun to try it out...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Omg, do I have to?
    I have an opinion about Twitter and it's not a very nice one :P

Although it might be kind of fun to try it out...

Don't worry. Parabola and I were the exact same way.

...I'm hopelessly addicted to it now--and somehow, I got The Boyfriend, my sister and one of our best friends on it. Weeeiird, I know.

Being on Twitter is completely optional. I do not force it on anyone.

....These kids here on the otherhand, I'm not too sure about them.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited April 2009
    Well I'd be totally up for a facebook group...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm sure that there is already a PAX Facebook group out there. I wouldn't know because I hate Facebook. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • DarcDarc Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Unfortunately my opinion of Facebook mimics your opinion of Twitter :P

Darc on
    There are 10 kinds of people; Those who read Binary, and Those who don't.

7Zd22nO.png
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    >.>

<.<

@paxprime

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited April 2009
    Pfff, well facebook is kind of a Vancouver/West Coast thing I think... Everybody up here has it.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Pfff, well facebook is kind of a Vancouver/West Coast thing I think... Everybody up here has it.

Nah, Facebook is everywhere. I absolutely loved it when I was in college. Back then it was divided so that you could only see the people that also went to your school. Once it was opened up to the public it became a spammy mess.

Facebook is all about what happened, Twitter is all about what is happening.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    So, uh, it looks like I'll be doing a communications independent study research class on Twitter and PAX. I haven't written the proposal yet, so the specifics are up in the air, but I felt you should all be made aware that you are all now subjects of research (and I now get out of my other classes due to "going out of town for independent study research).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »

Nah, Facebook is everywhere. I absolutely loved it when I was in college. Back then it was divided so that you could only see the people that also went to your school. Once it was opened up to the public it became a spammy mess.

Facebook is all about what happened, Twitter is all about what is happening.

Good way of putting it. Although you can get instant facebook updates too... you just gotta make sure you have a mobile/handheld device.
    So, uh, it looks like I'll be doing a communications independent study research class on Twitter and PAX. I haven't written the proposal yet, so the specifics are up in the air, but I felt you should all be made aware that you are all now subjects of research (and I now get out of my other classes due to "going out of town for independent study research).

Good stuff Moe, I should try that with my school, haha. It's a good idea. Let us know how it goes.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • AbbycadabraAbbycadabra Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Abbycadabra on
    FACT: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Twitter
  • AbbycadabraAbbycadabra Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not sure if this is the custom but I most certainly just went down that entire list and added all of you. Ha! Carpal tunnel, ftw!

Abbycadabra on
    FACT: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Twitter
  • ICBMHeadshotICBMHeadshot Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    ICBMHeadshot on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

A brand new PA account, a single post (the above).

Consider mind blown.

Edit: No pun intended

GPIA7R on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I just don't think you're going to get a ton of facebook sympathy in a Twitter thread. The fact is that most of use facebook to keep in touch with people we know in real life. (For the record, I love the Internet, and all social spaces, I just believe they have different purposes).

PeasantDave on