As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] PAXers losing weight for PAX

• circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Count me in for losing weight for PAX! I'm going to be maid of honor for my friend's wedding 3 weeks after PAX, so the two events are my major reason for wanting to look better in general. I've got a good 60+ pounds to lose in general, so any encouragement/ideas/tips I pick up here will be welcome!

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hear, hear!

I frequent the IMA and I've never done the "workout buddy" thing... Not sure how that would work, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I might join you for climbing, EAphrodite. :)

Twinkie on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think even if we do separate things, it's just nice to meet-up when we get there so we feel more accountable for going.

eye-shuh on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd love to get in on the IMA buddy thing but I have swim team practice M-F after work. Maybe a weekend buddy or I might be convinced to try early morning workouts *shudders* if anyone was REALLY motivated. Also, we really should get some group stuff organized, hikes are good exercise.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    tehnakki wrote: »

I think my biggest problem is that i hate doing exercise alone, but i haven't found anyone in vegas to do anything with me :(:(

I agree with this. Exercise is boring. It always helps to have a buddy keeping you motivated, or a weekly/biweekly class to keep you on schedule.

I just wanted to add that one should never, ever go without eating breakfast. I know some people don't like to eat in the morning but when you wake up, your metabolism is still technically asleep. (It's not that your metabolism actually stops at night, but it definitely slows down.) Eating that first meal gives your metabolism a boost, and keeps it running all day long.

Further, splitting your normal three meals up into six meals will further help you lose weight, because a number of small meals will keep your metabolism working faster than it will with three larger meals.

babelfish on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yeah, I'm not much of a gym-group-workout type either... Every once in awhile it's fun to get a bunch of people together to play group sports, but, yeah... sometimes the groups kind of get on my nerves...

MetaverseNomad on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    babelfish wrote: »

I think my biggest problem is that i hate doing exercise alone, but i haven't found anyone in vegas to do anything with me :(:(

I agree with this. Exercise is boring. It always helps to have a buddy keeping you motivated, or a weekly/biweekly class to keep you on schedule.

I just wanted to add that one should never, ever go without eating breakfast. I know some people don't like to eat in the morning but when you wake up, your metabolism is still technically asleep. (It's not that your metabolism actually stops at night, but it definitely slows down.) Eating that first meal gives your metabolism a boost, and keeps it running all day long.

Further, splitting your normal three meals up into six meals will further help you lose weight, because a number of small meals will keep your metabolism working faster than it will with three larger meals.

Unfortunately, for some of us, this is an impossibility, due to our work schedule and job demands.

Houn on
  • SecComSecCom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Houn wrote: »

Unfortunately, for some of us, this is an impossibility, due to our work schedule and job demands.

Just do your normal meals and snack in between. Granola bars, wheat thins, veggies (baby carrots) are all good for this. The point is to keep your metabolism moving throughout the day.

Think of it like being in rush hour traffic, its better for the car to maintain a slow and steady pace rather than stop-and-go. Stop and go for your stomach makes your metabolism work irregularly.

SecCom on
    Lead Editor of http://fullnovazero.com We like to write about video games.
  • John_FN_SeilerJohn_FN_Seiler Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I thought that this may help

Post your workout routine.
    Maybe post some changes in your diet you have made.

By posting on a regular basis you help others on what might help them lose some pounds but you also are in couraged to keep working out.

I'm going to start tomorrow

John_FN_Seiler on
    Listen to Spoiler Alert on KSUA 91.5FM at http://ksua.uaf.edu/ Every Tuesday 8 PM-10PM (9-11 PM Pacific). It's a Talk show about games, movies, comics, wrestling, TV and everything in between.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spoiler-Alert-KSUA-915-FM/129190520480743
  • dskaitlyndskaitlyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've been using livestrong.com to track calories. It's a pretty nice free website, it has a really large database of foods that is user generated (and usually double checked by staff). Just be careful what kind of goal you put into it, restricting calories can be a good thing but you don't want to over do it.

dskaitlyn on
    "You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."
  • geekgrrlgeekgrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i, too, am trying to lose weight. not necessarily for PAX, but it certainly isn't a bad goal. it seems i look back on every holiday or major social event and i've always been dieting.. you know, instead of eating the party food, i'm "trying to be good." well, i'm trying to be so good, i can stop being good for a longass while. :P it's like a year or less out of my life.

i'm 185 now. i weighed 250 several years ago but lost ~50 lbs of it.. i'm ready to lose the rest. i've got roughly 35 pounds to lose, not totally sure. i might be fine with my goal weight, but i don't know because i've never gotten down that far. i know i'll never be skinny, and i'm fine with that. girls gotta have a little meat on 'em anyways. 8-)

i've been going strong since early March. don't know how much total weight i've lost so far; i'm trying not to pay attention to the scale. i can tell i'm losing, and i'll tell you.. for me, 80% of it has been diet. i'm eating smaller meals more often, eating healthier things (granola bars, handful of almonds, trail mix.. lots of nuts, fruits & veggies), trying to stay away from sugars, salt, bulky breads and anything fried, seeking out natural foods with lots of grains, texture and nutrients, eating whenever i'm hungry (which usually includes early mornings and sometimes before bed).. once i'm in the "zone," i stop craving superfluous foods. there's half a mini chocolate bundt cake on my desk and i don't want it. give it enough time, you'll lose those cravings too.

geekgrrl on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    geekgrrl wrote: »
    i, too, am trying to lose weight. not necessarily for PAX, but it certainly isn't a bad goal. it seems i look back on every holiday or major social event and i've always been dieting.. you know, instead of eating the party food, i'm "trying to be good." well, i'm trying to be so good, i can stop being good for a longass while. :P it's like a year or less out of my life.

i'm 185 now. i weighed 250 several years ago but lost ~50 lbs of it.. i'm ready to lose the rest. i've got roughly 35 pounds to lose, not totally sure. i might be fine with my goal weight, but i don't know because i've never gotten down that far. i know i'll never be skinny, and i'm fine with that. girls gotta have a little meat on 'em anyways. 8-)

i've been going strong since early March. don't know how much total weight i've lost so far; i'm trying not to pay attention to the scale. i can tell i'm losing, and i'll tell you.. for me, 80% of it has been diet. i'm eating smaller meals more often, eating healthier things (granola bars, handful of almonds, trail mix.. lots of nuts, fruits & veggies), trying to stay away from sugars, salt, bulky breads and anything fried, seeking out natural foods with lots of grains, texture and nutrients, eating whenever i'm hungry (which usually includes early mornings and sometimes before bed).. once i'm in the "zone," i stop craving superfluous foods. there's half a mini chocolate bundt cake on my desk and i don't want it. give it enough time, you'll lose those cravings too.

You sound exactly like me. I changed very little as far as exercise. It was all about proper diet and portion size for me. I feel it's silly to exercise more to meet the number of calories you eat instead of eating less to meet the amount of exercise you do. Sure getting in shape is great and more exercise is good for you but the idea of going to the gym for a few months until you lose weight isn't right because as soon as you stop going to the gym you'll put it back on again. The changes you make have to be permanent if you want to maintain a size. I'm not going to pay for and go to the gym for the rest of my life so the exercise I do has to be integrated into my life. Taking stairs instead of the elevator, parking in the back instead of right by the door, hiking, sports, that kind of thing. Maybe a little home gym here and there but paying for a gym membership I won't do again.

sum10fishy on
    edited April 2009
    For me it was WiiFit. Seriously! I have tried dieting and exercise, and trying to count calories, all of that just didn't work because I didn't have any concept of how to manage it all, and I didn't have a set schedule or any way to organize it all. Last year I started taking a much more casual approach and a regular schedule of exercising, but the main thing that helped me was just being constantly aware of what I was eating, how I was standing/posture, how often I was working out, and what kind of exercise I was doing... And for me WiiFit helped me keep all that in mind! I lost a lot of weight this way (and then got lazy over winter.........)

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2009
    Alright. Someone name me some cheap, healthy foods to start eating, and exercises that can be done with minimal monetary investment.

Of course, I've been out of shape my entire life, so much so that it's a cornerstone of my self-image; how I define myself. That's not really an easy thing to change, but this gut has got to go.

Baby steps.

*edit* Ugh, Wii Fit. Nothing is more de-motivational than having your Mii plumped up so fat that your arms clip into your refrigerator-like stomach. Especially when you look NOTHING like that.

Houn on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

You sound exactly like me. I changed very little as far as exercise. It was all about proper diet and portion size for me. I feel it's silly to exercise more to meet the number of calories you eat instead of eating less to meet the amount of exercise you do. Sure getting in shape is great and more exercise is good for you but the idea of going to the gym for a few months until you lose weight isn't right because as soon as you stop going to the gym you'll put it back on again. The changes you make have to be permanent if you want to maintain a size. I'm not going to pay for and go to the gym for the rest of my life so the exercise I do has to be integrated into my life. Taking stairs instead of the elevator, parking in the back instead of right by the door, hiking, sports, that kind of thing. Maybe a little home gym here and there but paying for a gym membership I won't do again.

Man I'm of the opposite mindset from you guys. My friends and I are total foodies so I work out a LOT so I can eat more calories. That being said I stick to whole foods, locally grown and bought at my farmer's market and CSA but our fare tends to be more peasant stock which was designed for people burning a lot of calories every day. I have found myself in much better health since starting to eat like this and really don't miss processed foods very often. Actually the hardest thing I've faced is only eating things that are in season, which in Seattle is NEVER bananas. >.<

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    For people with an iPhone, the Lose It! app is free and is a decent way to generally track your food intake. It has a basic graph of your weight over time as well.

If you do decide to weigh yourself, I've heard it's recommended to weigh always at the same time, preferably just after you wake up, but before you've eaten. A friend suggested only weighing once a week, to prevent stressing too much about it day by day.

I'll probably be checking out the hotel exercise facilities, but I'm curious what the suggested PAX bootcamp might entail.

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
    edited April 2009
    *edit* Ugh, Wii Fit. Nothing is more de-motivational than having your Mii plumped up so fat that your arms clip into your refrigerator-like stomach. Especially when you look NOTHING like that.

.....yeah, that is also true...

^5 Houn! You wanna be my disenfranchised-motivational buddy?!?!?

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2009

.....yeah, that is also true...

^5 Houn! You wanna be my disenfranchised-motivational buddy?!?!?

I dunno. I think I'm a pretty big demotivator. But, if you can deal with that, then sure! :P

Does Wii Fit actually do anything? I'll admit I never gave it a fair chance, since it saw fit to insult me right off the bat; having bought it for the little woman anyway, I didn't feel that Fit and I really needed to get along. Ours is a strained relationship of distrust and forced tolerance.

Also, I just bought a pear, a banana, and some sugar snap peas. To eat, sickos.

Houn on
  • dovirstrgndovirstrgn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Diet is all; all is diet. No, not the American meaning of the word, in which you pay lots of attention to the crap you're eating; you have to have a good relationship with food, and not eat crappy... crap. Not that I'm knocking exercise, of which I try to get a lot, but man, bad food just makes it so much harder to live well and be fit.

In fact, in support of this thread and y'all's goals, would anyone be interested in a group effort to eat fresh and healthy during PAX? I'm a Seattleite (in fact, I happen to live in exactly the same place as EruditeAphrodite), so I've got the local hookups and resources to help folks who are interested eat right while they're here for the big event. It'd be fun to prepare some meals and have a couple potluck picnics during the event. Cheaper and better than eating out, too. Good fresh local food. Vegetarianism supported but by no means mandatory.

Thoughts?

dovirstrgn on
    edited April 2009

It's possible, you've just got to be creative. Work in a job with an irregular schedule, or a public-facing job where you can't eat regularly? That's fine -- most states mandate 5- or 10-minute breaks between lunches if you're working a particular number of ours. I worked retail for a while (until January, in fact!), and I'd duck out from time to time to eat some nuts or grapes or somesuch. Doesn't need to be a full meal, just needs to be enough to keep your metabolism working, which means maybe half a cup to a cup of fruit/nuts and a small bottle of water. :)

babelfish on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I typically wake up at 4:30am-ish, throw something for breakfast in my bag (usually a Cosco muffin or a microwave breakfast sandwich), then eat it when I get to work at 7am. I just can't bring myself to eat that early in the morning. Heck, I rarely manage to pull myself out of bed in time to catch the bus, let alone eat.

Probably less than healthy, yeah.

Anyone have any ideas for healthy things you can bring for breakfast/lunch on the go? There has to be some healthier options.

Eating at 4:30 am definitely doesn't sound too appetizing, so that's absolutely understandable. I think the main point is you are still eating very early in the day and it's always at the same time (or so it sounds) which is great.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited April 2009
    I thought that this may help

Post your workout routine.
    Maybe post some changes in your diet you have made.

By posting on a regular basis you help others on what might help them lose some pounds but you also are in couraged to keep working out.

I'm going to start tomorrow

Well.... I went rollerblading for the first time this season. It was much, MUCH harder than I remember it being. :|

Sumi on
    edited April 2009
    Anyone have any ideas for healthy things you can bring for breakfast/lunch on the go? There has to be some healthier options.

Eating at 4:30 am definitely doesn't sound too appetizing, so that's absolutely understandable. I think the main point is you are still eating very early in the day and it's always at the same time (or so it sounds) which is great.

i loooove granola bars. i go for the tree-huggy ones with flax and nuts and fruits and whatever else you can cram in there. no high fructose corn syrup; in fact, i avoid that whenever possible. check for it in breads! it's even in bread sponsored by Weight Watchers, at which i raise my eyebrow in contempt.

almonds or walnuts or (insert your nut of choice here, provided you like nuts and are not allergic) are a good pick-me-up too, full of "good" fats. you could also make sandwiches for yourself beforehand, like PB&J or turkey and swiss, then take 'em with you. if you're a yogurt fan, that's an option to, though i've never tried that "go-gurt" you don't need a spoon for.

geekgrrl on
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not so much trying to lose weight, as just trying to lose fat... which kinda involves losing weight...but w/e :P And not just for PAX - but to be healthier in general! I've got about 50-60lbs to lose, but I'm not expecting all of that before PAX...

I actually started on this back in Feb, and so far have only lost 6lbs or so, but I feel so much better, and already look a lot better (I think, anyway).

As for diet, I've been loosely (very loosely) following the weight watchers point system. I don't go to the meetings or anything, I'm just using their tools that a friend of mine gave me. It was kinda eye-opening that I actually wasn't eating enough to facilitate healthy weight loss. I feel like I'm eating 2-3x as much as I used to, which is kinda weird but awesome... I also started eating 5ish smaller meals instead of 2 big ones like I used to.

As for exercise, I started back in Feb doing cardio 4-5x per week, and plan to start weight lifting in the next 2 weeks (waiting for my badge thing for the gym at work).

I've been using the wii fit just to keep track of my weight... it's a much more accurate scale than my bathroom one, and my wii fit age seems to be improving :lol:

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
    edited April 2009
    My friend got a wii fit and is since looking skinnier.

... I think I am going to have to join the dark side. Also, DDR is great for Cardio. If I could only have the arcade version put into my Tv room, I would be set.

Sumi on
    edited April 2009
    shugarae wrote: »
    I'm not so much trying to lose weight, as just trying to lose fat... which kinda involves losing weight...but w/e :P And not just for PAX - but to be healthier in general! I've got about 50-60lbs to lose, but I'm not expecting all of that before PAX...

I actually started on this back in Feb, and so far have only lost 6lbs or so, but I feel so much better, and already look a lot better (I think, anyway).

That's nearly always the goal. Who cares how much downward force you have. It's all about reducing volume.:winky:

sum10fishy on
    edited April 2009
    My friend got a wii fit and is since looking skinnier.

... I think I am going to have to join the dark side. Also, DDR is great for Cardio. If I could only have the arcade version put into my Tv room, I would be set.

oh yeah, i forgot about that! my bro-in-law shunted his old PS1 off on me a while ago and i've been planning on picking up a used copy/dance pad. currently it's in the only room in my place without massively squeaky floorboards, so it makes sense. i've never played it before, but it looks like fun and i love to dance.

geekgrrl on
  • omegalbagelomegalbagel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I myself am trying to get into better shape, so here's to everyone else whose workin' hard to reach a goal!

I'm on a lifting and jogging fit right now, I have Wii Fit but haven't really been showing it much love. :\

omegalbagel on

The line between genius and insanity is so thin, how does one know when they cross it, or to which side they're crossing?
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If anyone wants, I can get them on the flu diet I'm currently experiencing.

The downside is you'll be pissing out your ass for a week to lose 10 lbs.

:c

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've been really stressed for the last few months, and I've gone up a jean size! My goal is a simple 15 pounds by June 17.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
    edited April 2009
    leaf wrote: »

I had that one last Spring. In the bathroom every 30 minutes? :p

babelfish on
  • SecComSecCom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Its really a lifestyle change, and it sounds like you didn't really get to this point. The only way to truly lose weight for good on exercise is to go through the day and feel like you MUST exercise, you NEED to get to the gym, much like how you need to eat or go to work. The idea isn't to go to the gym to lose all that weight, its to go to the gym as a daily activity, and a lot of people don't get that. All I'm saying is don't have the mentality "I'm going to the gym to lose this amount of calories so I'll lose this amount of weight" - just go because you wanna go. Believe me, it takes time to get that mentality, but once you get there its a different story.

Changing your diet might work to a certain point, but it'll get harder and harder to reach a goal if that is all you are doing. Plus once you eat anything else it ruins your hard work with the dieting. A hungry metabolism doesn't really care what you are eating.

SecCom on
    Lead Editor of http://fullnovazero.com We like to write about video games.
    edited April 2009
    leaf wrote: »

Shit! Swine flu. Everybody RUN!! D:

sum10fishy on
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signed up to my local gym after one false start this weekend. Going for my first full blown session this evening. And so the weight-loss begins!

Frightfully English on
    edited April 2009
    SecCom wrote: »
    i, too, am trying to lose weight. not necessarily for PAX, but it certainly isn't a bad goal ... give it enough time, you'll lose those cravings too.

You sound exactly like me ... paying for a gym membership I won't do again.

Its really a lifestyle change, and it sounds like you didn't really get to this point. The only way to truly lose weight for good on exercise is to go through the day and feel like you MUST exercise, you NEED to get to the gym, much like how you need to eat or go to work. The idea isn't to go to the gym to lose all that weight, its to go to the gym as a daily activity, and a lot of people don't get that. All I'm saying is don't have the mentality "I'm going to the gym to lose this amount of calories so I'll lose this amount of weight" - just go because you wanna go. Believe me, it takes time to get that mentality, but once you get there its a different story.

Changing your diet might work to a certain point, but it'll get harder and harder to reach a goal if that is all you are doing. Plus once you eat anything else it ruins your hard work with the dieting. A hungry metabolism doesn't really care what you are eating.

Three months solid 3 times a week. I got there. I enjoyed working out and looked forward to it. What was stupid to me was the paying for a gym. Exercise, to me, is about being physically fit not trying to burn calories so I can eat too much food.

I feel, as in just my opinion, that way too many people go to the gym to adjust the amount of calories they typically burn so it matches their intake, which I felt was silly, instead of reducing the intake to match the amount of calories burnt from their lifestyle, which is what I did to lose nearly 80 lbs, 100 if you count my heaviest till now and it's been a good year and a half and I'm not gaining and not going to the gym. I am starting to run a bit but that's for my health not weight loss.

The bottoms line is it is all a numbers game. You intake less than you burn you will lose weight, slowly it's fat, quickly it's muscle which of course is bad, or you burn more than you intake, through exercise, and you will also lose weight, again too fast and it's muscle, but slowly it's fat. The best, of course, is both. Get into good physical shape for health reasons and better metabolism and eat less as long as your net balance isn't more than a 500 calorie loss or so per day.

But as you said it's a lifestyle change and, I am not going to change my lifestyle so that it requires a monthly fee for the rest of my life. I'll find natural ways to get my exercise in. That's all I'm saying.

Do they have a running of the bulls in Virginia? Being chased by wild animals that want to gore you to death is always a good natural way to get fit.

sum10fishy on
  • omegalbagelomegalbagel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SecCom wrote: »
    i, too, am trying to lose weight. not necessarily for PAX, but it certainly isn't a bad goal ... give it enough time, you'll lose those cravings too.

You sound exactly like me ... paying for a gym membership I won't do again.

Three months solid 3 times a week. I got there. I enjoyed working out and looked forward to it. What was stupid to me was the paying for a gym. Exercise, to me, is about being physically fit not trying to burn calories so I can eat too much food.

I feel, as in just my opinion, that way too many people go to the gym to adjust the amount of calories they typically burn so it matches their intake, which I felt was silly, instead of reducing the intake to match the amount of calories burnt from their lifestyle, which is what I did to lose nearly 80 lbs, 100 if you count my heaviest till now and it's been a good year and a half and I'm not gaining and not going to the gym. I am starting to run a bit but that's for my health not weight loss.

The bottoms line is it is all a numbers game. You intake less than you burn you will lose weight, slowly it's fat, quickly it's muscle which of course is bad, or you burn more than you intake, through exercise, and you will also lose weight, again too fast and it's muscle, but slowly it's fat. The best, of course, is both. Get into good physical shape for health reasons and better metabolism and eat less as long as your net balance isn't more than a 500 calorie loss or so per day.

But as you said it's a lifestyle change and, I am not going to change my lifestyle so that it requires a monthly fee for the rest of my life. I'll find natural ways to get my exercise in. That's all I'm saying.

Do they have a running of the bulls in Virginia? Being chased by wild animals that want to gore you to death is always a good natural way to get fit.

I do agree that fear of death is definitely a way to get you movin'.

omegalbagel on

The line between genius and insanity is so thin, how does one know when they cross it, or to which side they're crossing?
    edited April 2009
    Dark side joined, bought a wii fit on saturday. I'm really enjoying it.

Sumi on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Been walking around a lot, as per usual, and also got a whey protein powder, so that I'm at least ingesting -something- in the mornings. And drinking a lot of vegetable juice. Trying to eat some whole grains, and more protein, and stop drinking pop/soda. *sigh*

MeeOk on
    edited April 2009
    Dark side joined, bought a wii fit on saturday. I'm really enjoying it.

Woohoo!!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Been walking around a lot, as per usual, and also got a whey protein powder, so that I'm at least ingesting -something- in the mornings. And drinking a lot of vegetable juice. Trying to eat some whole grains, and more protein, and stop drinking pop/soda. *sigh*

that last bit is soooo important. i drink water practially 24/7. if i get sick of it i try to do diet something with Splenda. Jones Soda is awesome for such binges, but they stopped carrying my beloved black cherry at my nearby grocery. :cry:

if my mood holds out, i plan on jogging after work today. if not...um, biking, i guess.

geekgrrl on
This discussion has been closed.